forum

Misusing the word Weeboo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GunterGaming
So I'm kinda tired of this...
So to clear it up, I shall define the word Weeboo once and for all, along with otaku.

Weeboo: Weeboo is also associated with the idea with the idea that this anime fan is excited about anime, but does not know much about anime.

Otaku: In Japanese, means "home". To describe someone that is antisocial. Usually an otaku person passes the time by watching anime, playing videogames and surfing the internet.

Weeboo is an insult.
Use otaku.
EneT
Your definition of Weeaboo is vague and still wrong while the rest of what you wrote is stuff everyone already knows. Everyone already knows that Weeaboo is an insult and everyone knows what an Otaku is, this thread is useless and has no impact what so ever.

I'll be nice and actually attempt to give you an actual understanding of the word Weeaboo. A Weeaboo is someone that deems Japan a country superior to others, they depreciate Japanese culture by practicing things they see in Anime and claim that they know everything about Japan when in actuality their entire knowledge of the country stems from watching Anime. This in turn gives a negative impression of Japan since Weeaboos are uneducated fucks who don't bother learning the real culture of the country, thus, that is why Weeaboo is considered an insult.
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

Your definition of Weeaboo is vague and still wrong while the rest of what you wrote is stuff everyone already knows. Everyone already knows that Weeaboo is an insult and everyone knows what an Otaku is, this thread is useless and has no impact what so ever.

I'll be nice and actually attempt to give you an actual understanding of the word Weeaboo. A Weeaboo is someone that deems Japan a country superior to others, they depreciate Japanese culture by practicing things they see in Anime and claim that they know everything about Japan when in actuality their entire knowledge of the country stems from watching Anime. This in turn gives a negative impression of Japan since Weeaboos are uneducated fucks who don't bother learning the real culture of the country, thus, that is why Weeaboo is considered an insult.
This is how I know it.
Nuolong

EneT wrote:

Yeah, in my mind, an example of a weeaboo would be some person throwing around little Japanese phrases that they know. Ask them what those mean, "Uh, I dunno. SUGOI!1!1! (i herd it in mai anime lel)"

I'm a weeaboo, btw. Kawaii~! Nya~! :3
Green Platinum

NolanM wrote:

Yeah, in my mind, an example of a weeaboo would be some person throwing around little Japanese phrases that they know. Ask them what those mean, "Uh, I dunno. SUGOI!1!1! (i herd it in mai anime lel)"

I'm a weeaboo, btw. Kawaii~! Nya~! :3
That's where this comes in

EneT wrote:

when in actuality their entire knowledge of the country stems from watching Anime.
deadbeat
i'd like to point out that otaku isn't really any better :p
Shurelia

deadbeat wrote:

burrrrrnnn

But it's true.
OzzyOzrock
yeaaah otaku is basically a term weebs use now lmao
Green Platinum

deadbeat wrote:

Otaku really refers to someone who takes their hobby to extremes so it can be positive or negative, obsessed vs. devoted. I've always seen Weeaboo as exclusively referring to the negative but this discussion on terminology really means nothing if the majority can't agree on their terms. kinda like how the definition of feminism has really changed
KinkiN
do we really need this kind of discussion?

usually ppl consider weeaboo as an "extreme otaku" and that's what i consider too. HECK this is featured in wikipedia, so read it if you want a proper explanation!

I usually address myself as a weeaboo for jokes, but actually neither weeaboo nor otaku are something that you should be proud about.

I think "Normal guy who likes japanese culture" would sound better

BUT WAIFU IS A DIFFERENT STORY
OzzyOzrock

Yuzuru wrote:

I think "Normal guy who likes japanese culture" would sound better

BUT WAIFU IS A DIFFERENT STORY
yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!
EneT
There's a wiki page for that? wtf
Green Platinum

Yuzuru wrote:

[usually ppl consider weeaboo as an "extreme otaku" and that's what i consider too.
"Weeaboo is a common pejorative for Japanophiles"
"common pejorative"
"pejorative"
deadbeat

Green Platinum wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

Otaku really refers to someone who takes their hobby to extremes so it can be positive or negative, obsessed vs. devoted. I've always seen Weeaboo as exclusively referring to the negative but this discussion on terminology really means nothing if the majority can't agree on their terms. kinda like how the definition of feminism has really changed
i thought it was a negative....didn't know it could be a positive as well
SaigonAlice
Who cares? It doesn't change the fact that if you call yourself either then I will avoid you like the plague.
Seriously why do you creeps always have to perv on Asians smh.
Green Platinum

SaigonAlice wrote:

Who cares? It doesn't change the fact that if you call yourself either then I will avoid you like the plague.
Yes it should ring alarm bells.
SaigonAlice

Green Platinum wrote:

SaigonAlice wrote:

Yes it should ring alarm bells.
EDIT: Ohhhh.
EneT
Why is this thread still ongoing? I've already given the explanation of what a weeaboo is, just leave it at that
CuticleThong
Up?

GunterGaming wrote:

Weeboo: Weeboo is also associated with the idea with the idea that this anime fan is excited about anime, but does not know much about anime.

Weeboo is an insult.
Use otaku.
Such topic... Weeabo is a ppls who they have over delusional idea with certain anime and its annoying -__-***
kirueggy
It really pisses me off when people think I'm a weeaboo because I like anime (putting my osu! profile aside, I am a very very different and much more extroverted/not a loser person irl). I mean, I don't think baseball players are gay because the bat could be a euphemism for penises and it involves hitting balls.
show more