forum

[resolved] Mouse won't move with Raw Input + DirectX

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kered13
Problem Details:
When Raw Input and DirectX are enabled at the same time, the mouse will not move. Clicks are still registered normally, and in the displayed position.

The mouse can be manipulated to move by bringing something else up in the foreground (ex, the start menu or another window). But once Osu if foregrounded again, the mouse stops moving.

The mouse works correctly with Raw Input + OpenGL, or standard mouse input + DirectX. Borderless or fullscreen makes no difference.

OS is Windows 7.

I searched for similar problems and found nothing.

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
Aaron Hagger
I think this is a permissions error, because I had it a while ago. Try running the game as admin (right-click osu! icon, run as admin.)
Topic Starter
Kered13
No luck. I got the exact same behavior.
Topic Starter
Kered13
Bump.

Can someone at least verify if they can/cannot reproduce this?
Espionage724
Do you have anything else hooking into osu! or messing with anything GPU-wise (Evolve, Steam, Xfire, Raptr, Overwolf, MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO + RTSS, RadeonPro, etc)? And are you doing anything else monitor/resolution-wise (GeDoSaTo, VSR/DSR, Eyefinity/Surround, etc)?

Anything non-standard being involved with the mouse/input device (mouse or tablet driver, USB polling driver mod, etc)?
Topic Starter
Kered13

Espionage724 wrote:

Do you have anything else hooking into osu! or messing with anything GPU-wise (Evolve, Steam, Xfire, Raptr, Overwolf, MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO + RTSS, RadeonPro, etc)? And are you doing anything else monitor/resolution-wise (GeDoSaTo, VSR/DSR, Eyefinity/Surround, etc)?

Anything non-standard being involved with the mouse/input device (mouse or tablet driver, USB polling driver mod, etc)?
I went to test this today, and found that the combination of Direct X and raw input is working now. I don't know if an update fixed this, or something in my environment changed.

For the record, I do use both Steam and Xfire (however I don't launch Osu through Steam, so the overlay is not enabled).
Topic Starter
Kered13
After seeing this against intermittently and some further experimentation, this seems to be tied to Xfire, but only when Xfire is logged in (I guess to enable the in-game overlay?).
Espionage724

Kered13 wrote:

After seeing this against intermittently and some further experimentation, this seems to be tied to Xfire, but only when Xfire is logged in (I guess to enable the in-game overlay?).
Wouldn't surprise me. Xfire in the past I know interfered with Raw Input when dealing with Source Engine stuff (L4D2, Portal, etc). Although I thought they had fixed it at some point too (maybe on a per-game basis).

But in any case, Xfire has had the most problematic overlay tech I've seen back when I used it.

Might be helpful to see if anyone else can confirm this. If so; then it'd be helpful to report it to the Xfire developers (although unless management has changed since I last used, it may be a while for a fix if ever).