forum

[Archived] Mouse makes osu! lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Polarize101
Whenever I open osu!, the game starts lagging when I try to move the mouse. When I'm scrolling through the beatmaps with my directional keys, the game runs fine, until I actually move the mouse. This bug has been going on for about a week now. Yes, I have a Windows 8. Yes, my mouse drivers are up to date. I've done everything I can that this site has recommended I do, but nothings changed. Please help, I want to start playing the game again.

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
Parasyche
Well, you can try to change the frame limiter, which is located in the settings. You can also turn off some of the graphical settings.
abraker
In options, do you have the get raw input option checked? Try checking/unchecking to see if that fixes it.
Topic Starter
Polarize101

Parasyche wrote:

Well, you can try to change the frame limiter, which is located in the settings. You can also turn off some of the graphical settings.
Before it started lagging I always had it on unlimited. When it started lagging, switching it to 120 didn't make a difference. I always had video and storyboard disabled, and I have it set to a dimness of 93 %
Topic Starter
Polarize101

abraker wrote:

In options, do you have the get raw input option checked? Try checking/unchecking to see if that fixes it.
Yes, I always had raw input enabled. I tried to disable it, but it didn't do anything different
VeilStar
Just dropping this in here as it might be relevant. t/315203
abraker
Happened to me once so far. Clicking makes the entire game have lag spikes. Restart fixed it.
Topic Starter
Polarize101
UPDATE: When I load up my computer and start playing osu!, I get no lag at all for a few minutes bu then goes back to <30 fps if I try to use the mouse. If I try to load up osu! again it just stays laggy until I restart my computer. Then the whole cycle happens again.