Will Black Ops beat MW2?

Yes
64.18%
No
35.82%
Total votes: 67
Topic Starter
Mara
WARNING! This thread is not for flaming game series. Press Alt + F4, if you're not interested. Source: The Call of Duty Wiki

November 9, 2010

Topic Starter
Mara
I'll double post now, since I want opening post clean.

I really hope that Treyarch will do some work on this one. I'd like to test that crossbow which was shown on trailer.

Looks sexy - and deadly. You can also put some explosive ammunition in it.

Also, I love the news that dedicated servers comes back.

Discuss.
Remco32
So, it'll be MW2, but with more stuff?
Topic Starter
Mara
I'm not sure about that. But it's possible, since CoD:WaW was CoD4 in WWII.
Topic Starter
Mara
UPDATE!

While AUG HBAR had horrible Swarovski Scope in MW2 (It was sniper rifle scope), Treyarch made something beautiful.

Please notice the HUD. There's something you can use by pressing left d-pad button, but I am not sure what is that.

inb4 shuriken

EDIT:

elev135
that thing on the D-pad is probably explosive arrows...
i hope treyarch does better than they have this time... 3rd time's the charm...
Topic Starter
Mara
Good point, since in the video - player is also carrying a crossbow.

And yeah, I bet they will.
Ephemeral
MW2's multiplayer was shit, so if Treyarch can nail multiplayer properly in black ops then all will be well!
5TEV3N
if Tryarch brings back dedicated servers back i would declare that tryarch is in fact
better then iw
Topic Starter
Mara
Oh, and btw!

In the interview, Josh says

Josh wrote:

The online gamer, they wanna create their own online identity thier own reputation so were gonna give them the tools and the abilities to do that. Of coarse machinima, you guys know no better, than how, you know these people want to make their own videos and movies these are all things we are aware of.
Theater mode, just like in Halo 3?

No, don't be scared that name. Theater mode saves your games into it's own little files for while and you can save them. This was one of the best features in Halo 3, so if Black Ops will get this feature work, we will have a winner.

EDIT

CoD Black Ops E3 demo was also played in Jimmy Fallon Live!!, 6 hours ago.

Desuftw
Black Ops looks like it's going to be a lot more hyped than MW2, and it looks epic from what I've already seen. So I think it would be.
Topic Starter
Mara
But there is always a risk. MW2 was also really hyped before IW told about taking dedicated servers away.
Roddie

DataCirno wrote:

But there is always a risk. MW2 was also really hyped before IW told about taking dedicated servers away.
But they bring back dedicated servers on Steam now, right?
Remco32

DataCirno wrote:

This was one of the best features in Halo 3, so if Black Ops will get this feature work, we will have a winner.
Wait, one of the best features in Halo 3 was that you can record your games?
Topic Starter
Mara

hybrid579 wrote:

I don't think CoDBO will be stuck on Steam. But yeah, dedicated servers are back, as Josh said.

Remco32 wrote:

What are you hinting at? The thing what is cool about theater mode is that you can look your matches from every angel you want.
Xanek
Topic Starter
Mara
Thanks for posting this. Now I am going to wait it BADLY.
Metroid

DataCirno wrote:

hybrid579 wrote:

I don't think CoDBO will be stuck on Steam. But yeah, dedicated servers are back, as Josh said.

Remco32 wrote:

What are you hinting at? The thing what is cool about theater mode is that you can look your matches from every angel you want.

Yes, the game records ALL movement and player data and simulates it in theater mode. Just like in Halo 3.

Also, FUCK YEAH DEDICATED SERVERS!

I love the RC bomb and the Camera.
S&D JUST GOT A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING!

I'm going to be DLing the Multiplayer Demo when it comes out if there is one for PC....
Topic Starter
Mara

Metroid wrote:

S&D JUST GOT A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING!
1. Place Camera Spike next to bombsite
2. Plant the bomb
3. ???
4. Damn why did you break my camera you damn noob
UtsukimiJerry
I watched IGN Daily Fix because I was bored and Treyach said that there will be a hardened and prestige edition of Black Ops. No one is sure of what it will contain but yes they are doing it again.

And really, I have high hopes for the next series.
Rolled

Xanek wrote:

DICK IS HARD.
Topic Starter
Mara
COD BLACK OPS MP REVEAL IN ONE HOUR

Streams:

We The Gamerz 1 (Mobile Phone)
We The Gamerz 2 (Mobile Phone)
We The Gamerz 3 (Capture Card)
We The Gamerz Event (All 3 Streams)
Carbonfibah
Killamonkey
Nathan8er
Fwiz

It's 3 AM in Finland... god dammit.

EDIT: DELAYED by one hour lol
Xanek
Starting in 30 minutes CST, i'll watch it when on youtube though, livestreams are a bitch
Topic Starter
Mara

I don't like that they are using crossbows and knifes al the timel in dat video.
Xanek
look @ dat poorly designed anti-aircraft/ w.e. the fuck it is @2:46, and wtf, CoD points to get more weapons? lame
Nharox
Well, at least there are dedicated servers again. Too bad it's still Call of Duty.
Topic Starter
Mara

Nharox wrote:

Too bad it's still Call of Duty.
Like Treyarch will make Operation Flashpoint with the title Call of Duty:BO.
Roddie
I'm getting the feeling the ballistic knife will be a cheap weapon to use. ._.

Since it has that kinda distance to kill you in one hit. ._.

But some of new game modes looks like they are fun to play. Like One in the Chamber. lol
show more