forum

[resolved] Alt-tabbing and adjusting volume crashs the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nenkai
Problem Details:
While playing taiko i alt-tabbed out of the game to check something and went back to osu!, the pause menu automatically shows up and i clicked retry, i wanted to adjust the volume but it reaches insane values such as negative or more than 100% (see screenshot) and the game can also crash when reaching more than 70000%. Same problem when using my laptop.

How to reproduce : Put DirectX 60fps 1920x1080 borderless, start any play on any game mode, alt-tab, go back and press retry , use your mouse wheel to modify the volume.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://imgur.com/9WqpqOW

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
peppy
Can't replicate this, but that doesn't mean I can't fix it.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix volume controls possibly displaying out-of-bounds values. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150408.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Topic Starter
Nenkai
An easier way to reproduce it is to start a play, pause the game, alt tab out of osu!, going back to it and instead of retry continue and use the mouse wheel quickly when you clicked on continue. But it depends sometimes.
Wingman626

Nenkai wrote:

Problem Details:
While playing taiko i alt-tabbed out of the game to check something and went back to osu!, the pause menu automatically shows up and i clicked retry, i wanted to adjust the volume but it reaches insane values such as negative or more than 100% (see screenshot) and the game can also crash when reaching more than 70000%. Same problem when using my laptop.

How to reproduce : Put DirectX 60fps 1920x1080 borderless, start any play on any game mode, alt-tab, go back and press retry , use your mouse wheel to modify the volume.

can you replicate the issue and post the error report?

peppy wrote:

Can't replicate this, but that doesn't mean I can't fix it.
fortunately, i think i can. i have seen something unusual. though i cannot use a 1920x1080p resolution since im on a laptop (aspect ratio 16:9 resolution is 1600x900, highest i can g0) i can replicate something. ive even done it multiple times. im recording a video now

UPDATE::

BanchoBot wrote:

Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix volume controls possibly displaying out-of-bounds values. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150408.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.

should i still post the video? i mean, shit that was quick. go super-peppy, damn...
Topic Starter
Nenkai

wingman626 wrote:

Nenkai wrote:

Problem Details:

can you replicate the issue and post the error report?
Unfortunately i can't, while doing it i can't get both volume and the error in the same screenshot due to crashs too.

Edit : Nvm http://imgur.com/31yRuby
peppy
It's fixed on cutting edge. Please test using cutting edge.
Topic Starter
Nenkai
Fixed