posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_5328727
delete
E m i
because this isn't a rhythm game :(
GhostFrog
The word for what you're describing is "aim". "Accuracy" refers to how good your timing is. There are a ton of maps out there that focus on aim, but a lot of them will have some short streams too.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_5328727
delete
LoGo

Miqude wrote:

Hopefully I went to the right section to discuss this.
I'm wondering why the beatmaps focus more on the difficulty of tapping instead of aim difficulty.
Maybe it's because this is a rhythm game, and aim doesn't really have that much to do with rhythm, but still it is pretty weird to me that the circle sizes are so huge in harder maps too. Stepmania can only focus on tapping, but osu has the element of aim, so why not embrace it more?

Does anyone else feel the same? Is there something I'm missing? Please tell. Thanks.
?
I saw this completely different, when i used to play with tablet and practiced a lot of streams, i had pretty much nothing to play for rank gain( i never really cared about rank but still was kinda interesting to observe who had insane stamina or high speed) and only maps that were stream heavy still required either really good readability or fast and precise aim so my ability to stream forever(not anymore tho..) never really helped me to gain ranks...
So imo aim is far more important and met a lot more often.
I don't know if i can even recall many stream heavy maps without need for good aim...
KanoSet
you can't fc a song or get a good rank in it without both accuracy and tapping skills - you need to be fast, tho you need to time it right-
osu mostly count on both skills what do i know, i'm a newbie after all
both can be gained by practice and more practice
and of course the ultimate advise in osu! history "play more, play for fun :D" again what do i know *-*
btw.. you definitely know how to enjoy your life 8-)

Edit: it's definitely not just a rhythm game
keep it simple and enjoy ^^
bigfeh

[ Momiji ] wrote:

congrats on 1000th post mommy
Mystrian_old
I find that going back to maps you have trouble on (whether they have streams or not) and getting that much closer to full comboing (no 100 on sliders) good practice.
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

congrats on 1000th post mommy
pandaBee

LoGo wrote:

?
I saw this completely different, when i used to play with tablet and practiced a lot of streams, i had pretty much nothing to play for rank gain( i never really cared about rank but still was kinda interesting to observe who had insane stamina or high speed) and only maps that were stream heavy still required either really good readability or fast and precise aim so my ability to stream forever(not anymore tho..) never really helped me to gain ranks...
So imo aim is far more important and met a lot more often.
I don't know if i can even recall many stream heavy maps without need for good aim...
Keep in mind that it's always your weak links that will prevent you from moving up in the rankings. There comes a point where you can't neglect aim or acc or streaming or w/e if you get high enough. So aim might be more important to you but I think most people have a lot more trouble with the tapping factor than they do with aim.
trebby
It's what makes osu! unique from other rhythm games. There are many more elements than just keeping to the beat, it tests your stamina, accuracy, timing, and reaction times.
ZenithPhantasm

CuboidBeats wrote:

It's what makes osu! unique from other rhythm games. There are many more elements than just keeping to the beat, it tests your stamina, accuracy, timing, and reaction times.
Sounds like Stepmania, BMS, O2Jam to me.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_5328727
delete
GhostFrog
The reason for that is twofold. Part of it is that Irreversible is the only mapper who makes CS7 maps for ranking. The other part is that it's inexplicably almost not allowed. I'll quote the part of that post relevant to this topic (bolding added for emphasis):

Loctav wrote:

Asphyxia and Irre's diffs spare the harsh words and criticisms, they are very well mapped except for the fact of the difficulty settings. Apart of them being sufficiently good maps per se, this is not the way you introduce this kind of "special mapping" into this community. In this constellation, it rather appears like a joke and not like a serious attempt to map CS2 or CS7 maps.
"Very well mapped" "sufficiently good maps" are okay unless they're CS7, apparently. Then they're joke maps. I would like to see things like CS7 more often too, but it's not likely to happen any time soon.
E m i

Loctav wrote:

except for the fact of the difficulty settings
:oops:
GhostFrog

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Loctav wrote:

except for the fact of the difficulty settings
:oops:
CS7 = bad mapping :( It makes me sad
E m i

GhostFrog wrote:

CS7 = bad mapping :( It makes me sad
:cry:
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_5328727
delete
GhostFrog
No one is forcing you to play maps you don't like.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_5328727
delete
KanoSet

Miqude wrote:

I'd just imagine people raging "WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE BULLSHIT MAPS I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME WITH THIS SHIT GODDAMN GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES" if they'd let more "experimental" maps into ranked.
some people actually like the old style.. but yet if a new player start to play he mostly will get the new maps since they are much easier to find my english so op
bigfeh

KanoSet wrote:

Miqude wrote:

I'd just imagine people raging "WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE BULLSHIT MAPS I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME WITH THIS SHIT GODDAMN GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES" if they'd let more "experimental" maps into ranked.
some people actually like the old style.. but yet if a new player start to play he mostly will get the new maps since they are much easier to find my english so op
your English is decent and I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't done so first
KanoSet

bigfeh wrote:

KanoSet wrote:

your English is decent and I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't done so first
i kinda edit the reply 2 times for a mistake or two *-*
apparently it didn't show that.. thought it will ^^"
ZenithPhantasm
My english is better than your english because Im 'murican.
show more