forum

Yoko Shimomura - Darkness of the Unknown

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eraqus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
BicycleRider
You might want to make the circle size a little bigger, also the note timing seems a tiny bit off, you might want to pic a part of the song that has a slower beat, or fill in the missing notes. Missing notes meaning there are a few beats between the notes that could be filled in.
Topic Starter
Eraqus

Crossled wrote:

You might want to make the circle size a little bigger, also the note timing seems a tiny bit off, you might want to pic a part of the song that has a slower beat, or fill in the missing notes. Missing notes meaning there are a few beats between the notes that could be filled in.
I guess, I don't really know how to properly time anything, let alone different bpm for different part of the map hahah. To be honest I'm just experimenting a little, what's wrong with cs5 though? for me it's good, not everything needs to be cs4. This is why I like old maps more. But anyways, I appreciate your comment and will take into count
BicycleRider
There's nothing really wrong with the circle size, I just think 4.5 looks a little better, also your timing isn't incorrect, you're just using a part of the song that has beats, and only putting notes on some of the beats, it leaves the map feeling a little empty. 00:01:782 (5,6,7) - Like there, putting a note between 6 and 7 on the yellow line before the downbeat sounds really good, then also 00:02:871 (10) - a note on the red line before this note
http://puu.sh/mm0Pd/959d8f68d6.jpg <-- That timing sounds perfect
Topic Starter
Eraqus

Crossled wrote:

There's nothing really wrong with the circle size, I just think 4.5 looks a little better, also your timing isn't incorrect, you're just using a part of the song that has beats, and only putting notes on some of the beats, it leaves the map feeling a little empty. 00:01:782 (5,6,7) - Like there, putting a note between 6 and 7 on the yellow line before the downbeat sounds really good, then also 00:02:871 (10) - a note on the red line before this note
http://puu.sh/mm0Pd/959d8f68d6.jpg <-- That timing sounds perfect
Like I said, I'm just experimenting. I like this song in particular but it seems to have a lot of different bpms, so I probably won't even bother with this map for now. Gonna try with some easier-to-map songs first. Since you seem to know a lot more than me, I added you as a friend and would like to ask you stuff about mapping via pm or forum (if you don't mind)

Also sorry for the late reply!