forum

The Everlasting Guilty Crown Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SAOnline

Recommended Resolution
This skin is based on 1366x768 resolution.

This skin is based on the anime "Guilty Crown."The style as you can with this skin is glow-y.
It is completely skinned for Osu! Standard. Other Modes I have considered but have no experience in skinning.
Make sure to check the "Extras" folder, there's some goodies you can swap with like:

(I like the red one the best)

If you'd like to use an element from my skin in your skin please ask first.

The Everlasting Guilty Crown Release Version
- OSK (23MB) -
- ZIP (23MB) -

Scorebar PSD
Scorebar colour PSD

4/8 - Update:
-Mode-X buttons remade
-Main menu background changed
-Playfield and failscreen both changed
-Section-Fail changed
-Input Overlay Key fixed

4/6 - Release Update:
-Changed default cursor to red instead of teal (more visible against hitcircle).
-Changed hitcircle number font. More readable and less distracting.
-Removed slidertick 30 and 10.

4/2 - Update:
-Added numberless hitcircle in "Extras" Folder.
-Made the center of the hitcircle overlay lighter.

All feedback is welcomed

Feedback prior to release received from:

A special thank you to Anxient for being so helpful <3
RainAid
Damach
StefKRah
lit120
A Pig that flys
Azumi-
Mourned
DengiOrigin
RainAid
Finally!! I really like your cursors, and your hitcircles.Good job I really like the skin overall.
-ryusakihatsue-
KYAAAAAAA
Been waiting for someone to do this <3 luv this skin omg i think i might make this my main
Fleuret
Looking good. A few issues tho:
Playfield and fail-background aspect ratio is off. The image is improperly resized and looks squished. The same applies to the menu-background (but the osu circle covers what's noticeable so I guess this is fine)
The mode-x-med looks LQ. Maybe choose a different image source or touch it up a bit?
I suggest changing the render used in section-fail. Try to avoid taking an image screenshot of the anime. The quality difference is very noticeable.
Inputoverlay-key is a little bit cut off to the left side. Not sure if intentional.

I think that's it. Everything else looks good ^^
Menuback and sectionpass have the same sounds? o.O. Anyways, I like your match-start sound.
Topic Starter
SAOnline

Fleuret wrote:

Playfield and fail-background aspect ratio is off. The image is improperly resized and looks squished. The same applies to the menu-background (but the osu circle covers what's noticeable so I guess this is fine)
Hmm the playfield I will update. The fail-background upon looking closer I agree, I will update that as well. I don't see the scaling issue with menu-background, what resolution do you use?

Fleuret wrote:

The mode-x-med looks LQ. Maybe choose a different image source or touch it up a bit?
The Mode-x buttons I will be remaking, just wanted to get this out first.

Fleuret wrote:

I suggest changing the render used in section-fail. Try to avoid taking an image screenshot of the anime. The quality difference is very noticeable.
Noted, I will look for something better.

Fleuret wrote:

Inputoverlay-key is a little bit cut off to the left side. Not sure if intentional.
It is sort of intentional, but I will fix it.
Fleuret

SAOnline wrote:

Hmm the playfield I will update. The fail-background upon looking closer I agree, I will update that as well. I don't see the scaling issue with menu-background, what resolution do you use?
I tried all the SD resolutions since it was meant for SD. I also took a direct look at the image file itself. I thought it may have just been me seeing it that way so I looked at the original image source and the aspect ratio is indeed off.
I guess it's not that noticeable for a lot of people. But as for me I just found it off the moment I saw the characters themselves. I'm just kinda picky when it comes to things like this. ^^; No need to really change it.
Topic Starter
SAOnline
Ahh ok. I will try to remake it then and see if it works better. I appreciate you letting me know. Thanks for the feedback :) <3
-ryusakihatsue-
omg i love this skin so much TT^TT
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS <3
lit120
I'll review this skin if i have time
Heavenly
This is a really nice skin! You and RainAid bring some hope to the skinning forums!
Topic Starter
SAOnline

Heavenly wrote:

This is a really nice skin! You and RainAid bring some hope to the skinning forums!
Thank you very much ! :)

Main Post Updated

Update: Thanks to feedback from Fleuret somethings were improved:
- Mode-X buttons remade
- Main menu background changed
- Playfield and failscreen both changed
- Section-Fail changed
- Input Overlay Key fixed

Here is what the changes look like:
RainAid

Heavenly wrote:

o.o thank you!
Kinzie
/
Damon Yap
Pls can you recover the background cover? The skin is really good and if add the background it will be much beautiful
kensaken123
Love this skin :) :)
nat2011
what about other modes for this skin
hixyakuyayuki

SAOnline wrote:

Fleuret wrote:

Fleuret wrote:

The Mode-x buttons I will be remaking, just wanted to get this out first.

Fleuret wrote:

Noted, I will look for something better.

Fleuret wrote:

It is sort of intentional, but I will fix it.
Ashton
you did a great job, good work!
vanganek123
how dowload???