forum

Use /np in middle of message

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +158
Topic Starter
Italo
Hello I was thinking that could be nice if we could have a method to put the current song that you are listening/playing in a middle of message.

Example:

- Hey guys, [np] has been ranked, someone already passed it?
- Damn I've almsot FC'ed [np]
- Firetruck! [np] has a lot of deathstrems
Bara-
Yes please
I'm constantly using [Link_of_map Name_of_map]
Myxo
That won't work, I suppose. I believe that "/" (or similar symbols like "!") are needed at the beginning of a line for it to act as a command..
And even if it is possible to implement, it would be pretty annoying since there would be no method to explain newbies how to use "/np".
Imo, if you want to use the command in the middle of a sentence, either use lines:

- Hey guys!
- /np
- It has been ranked, someone already passed it?

or use the [Link_of_map Name_of_map] command baraatje mentioned.
Bara-
Maybe make a new command
[np] which can be used in the middle
Mofu kun
[np] sounds like a good idea
Topic Starter
Italo
[/np] was only to people undersand the idea, btw I think that [np] is good too
GhostFrog
A weaker alternative would be to change /np to allow text to be written after it (i.e. "/np can anyone pass this?"). It would have the advantage of keeping the "is playing"/"is listening to"/"is watching" in those occasional instances in which it's useful. I prefer the [np] thing that's been suggested already, but having both might be nice, since neither seems very difficult to implement.
abraker
Yes please
FrzR
What if someone has an MLG name with [np] as prefix lolol

but yush I like this. Preferably [/np]
KatouMegumi
That idea is awesome! I gonna spent all my FR points in it!
Nathanael
I'll suggest '[/map]' as the keyword, but I'm neutral to this.

• Advantage: Easier printing out of beatmaps.
    Disadvantage: People might create a great wall of text (aka excessive spam) in chat.
So my additional suggestion is the text replacement should only trigger once at every line output to avoid the disadvantage.
Any further detected keywords in the line gets purged.

• Input: I like this map: [/map] [/map] [/map] [/map] [/map] [/map]
    Output: I like this map: [https://osu.ppy.sh/s/151720 ginkiha - EOS]
Also, the keyword shouldn't trigger inside a [link text] or [[wiki]] format.

• [link text] Output: [http://osu.ppy.sh [https://osu.ppy.sh/s/151720 ginkiha - EOS]]
    [[wiki]] Output: [[https://osu.ppy.sh/s/151720 ginkiha - EOS]]
I also have an alternative idea to this that has less work for the devs.

baraatje123 wrote:

Yes please
I'm constantly using [Link_of_map Name_of_map]
That's kinda a hassle imo. XD

Desperate-kun wrote:

That won't work, I suppose. I believe that "/" (or similar symbols like "!") are needed at the beginning of a line for it to act as a command..
They're not saying to add another command, but to replace the keyword itself to the beatmap link before it gets sent to the IRC server.

Desperate-kun wrote:

And even if it is possible to implement, it would be pretty annoying since there would be no method to explain newbies how to use "/np".
We can simply add a !faq to explain the text replacement. :3

• BanchoBot: Typing [/map] gets replaced to the beatmap you are currently listening/playing.
    BanchoBot: It will only work once to avoid excessive spam.
FrzR
[/map] would be a good option, but some may not like it because of effort in typing hurr durr but that would do fine.
-Maus-
Looks nice.
WingSilent
Sure, a nice idea. :oops:
rEdo
- Hey guys, how do I send a song I'm playing now to chat?
- You need to type *xXxMaSteRxXx is playing Skrillex - Bangarang [Insane] +DoubleTime

Also, osu! chat is IRC-based. All the IRC commands need to start with a slash at the beginning of a message. /np is no excuse.
drum drum

rEdo wrote:

- Hey guys, how do I send a song I'm playing now to chat?
- You need to type *xXxMaSteRxXx is playing Skrillex - Bangarang [Insane] +DoubleTime

Also, osu! chat is IRC-based. All the IRC commands need to start with a slash at the beginning of a message. /np is no excuse.
that's great and all but you can do things like [[pp]] to bring up "wiki:pp" in the chat as a link. I'm sure it's possible
Distant years
nice i like it
lukinhasxxx
very nice, i want this
inya
Great idea, gave you 11 FR Points
Tari
Why can't you just type it in separate messages?

like /np
and then (whatever your going to say here)
show more