Leep is mr popular
#WeLoveLeep2k15
leepdesu
what have i done
E m i
8-)
#WeLoveLeep2k15
Vuelo Eluko
do what i do for fun, dt shitty cancer old maps to try to get on dem scoreboards.
by 2020 i should be WWW tier
gregest
I love old maps
E m i
360-420bpm alternating maps ♥
Kouya-
Well of course ya' gotta step it up, people are getting better at osu! everday .

It needs higher challenges to keep the game exciting .
bigfeh
@EDIT
THE RERAIL IS REAL

So I posted this some time ago

bigfeh wrote:

I respectfully disagree with you, kind sir

It is my understanding that beatmapping has come a long way since its early days and we are currently at the epitome of its quality.
AND I THINK I SHOULD EXPLAIN MYSELF BETTER

Shit just got real because I'm not even using quick reply anymore

okay so I don't even know where to begin. LESDODIS

So in an ordinary evening, this happened

Disclaimer: portions of the conversation were omitted in compliance with forum rules
aka I don't want to get silenced, you're not gonna see anything. Get over it

First off, I wanna say something, OP

stop complaining about the maps and git gud

NOW AS FOR THE ACTUAL REPLY
THREAD FORECAST FOR TONIGHT
inb4 shit rank
inb4 you're shit and I'm not
inb4 57k shit
inb4 fuck off bigfeh
inb4 I love you bigfeh
inb4 thread lock

Kurimu wrote:

Why are all maps ranked/approved this year all trying to be the new hardest map in osu?
are they?
Well I don't even know what to say here dude, they really aren't
just get over it

Kurimu wrote:

Ive grown very tired of playing the newer maps. All the difficulties other than the hardest are always lack luster so there is no ladder to climb to the extra and the extra is always a huge deathstream or some 250bpm jump map with infinite spacing.
OP I'm genuinely wondering here whether you were in full possession of your mental capacities at the time of writing

because I mean, if this were a shooting course and you were aiming for the target you might've just HIT THE FUCKING MOON

I mean you would have hit the moon if the bullet had actually just gotten there
instead you just hit nothing
really nothing

on another note, if we're going to be honest here: who likes ladders?

nobody, ever wrote:

oh yay, I'm so happy this ladder is right here so I get to climb it

Kurimu wrote:

Was there some kind of rule that was changed to allow such maps to exist in the game?
afaik this has always been allowed
just never been done
oh wait, it has
BECAUSE NOTHING CHANGED
gud? gud.

Kurimu wrote:

There are so many maps ranked this year which out-rank the previous years hardest maps and require an unnecessary amount of skill just to pass. Am I the only person who wishes that some maps ranked this year were just fun to play good MUSIC which didnt involve breaking your arm to enjoy the song? -.-
Again disagreed

Also did you really break your arm? Because if you did that might be the reason shit's getting so hard

go see a doctor, dude, don't try to play osu with a broken arm. Also try easier maps and play more™
relevant quote

bigfeh wrote:

osssssssss is on a rampage

Kurimu wrote:

Because of the insane increase of difficulty, ive had nothing to practice on at all, so ive gotten worse and worse. I guess because I cant stream 250 bpm for 1 entire minute I should quit the game? I dont know the direction that mapping is going, but I'm not a big fan.
Wait are you telling me insanes are now like hards? because hards should be easier than insanes, but not easy because there are easy diffs for that
I mean insanes are short for like insanely hard, right? Hards are just, well, hard. Not hardER
do you mean insanes are now insaner? because that's be like, jeez, insane
or insanely hard? hard easy? I don't know nothing anymore
brain = blown
my head just melted

also on another thought, is this game prejudiced against skilled (and unskilled) players or what? You just can't say "normals" without implying there's an abnormal (which is everything else, ourselves included)
#blamepeppy2016
#futureproofing

Kurimu wrote:

There should always be room for creativity.. but when it stands in the way of readability, or the ability to enjoy the song, or people map JUST for difficulty to push the limits, then I think people are going overboard. :/
Creativity > all
only your skill gets in the way of readability.

that, and skystar. I mean have you ever SEEN any of his maps? That shit's unreadable

also dopamine is an incredibly well mapped song. Big fan of kotori's extreme because that's what my shit skill can handle

tl;dr
git over it
E m i
bigfeh the shitposter for hire
trebby
You could've just said "Fuck you op."
bigfeh

CuboidBeats wrote:

You could've just said "Fuck you op."
but that's meanie
Kouya-

CuboidBeats wrote:

"Fuck you op."
Ekoro
tss. I slightly agree with Kurimu though, some maps are like, made to be hard on purpose.

I agree that it's sort of new maps because creativity or something, and i'm glad of that, but sometimes it's going way too far.
I might not have maps to quote in mind, but i can tell that sometimes, random jumps and things like that makes it feeling like "2015 is shit".

To me it's not even because of difficulty, there are some hard maps which are good-mapped (excluding my Everything will freeze map), and it's good to see more harder stuff. It'd be more like, "2015, year of silly creativity" because sometimes you don't even understand what's happening.
The good example is currently unranked, talking about Toumei Elegy. I feel like the jumps are everywhere and not only emphasizing this strong voice of the map.
And well, who can't talk about creativity without talking about HW. Well, she makes maps with new gameplay, as very high SV and spacing, but well... sometimes nope. Even lower SV can emphasize a strong song, and not only high one like 3,6 (+ eventual sv changes).
There are "few" of them, but well, still way more than past years, so that might explain why. Because you hear more dramas than before. remember BASARA

Didn't talk about all mappers and i don't want to trashtalk on them anyway. They have their own style of mapping, and it's their choice, just giving my point of view. Since i don't play new maps that much, i will stop arguing here.
Black Wolf159
Have you even played all the ranked maps.

I was thinking the same as you about 2015 mapping, but that doesn't really matter to me because I still enjoy the map, even the hardest, but well, A few months ago I was thinking "people have been thinking about how to make a map more harder".

Just play, if you don't like it well. Start to mapping and get proud of your neutral mapping. There are some really goods maps by the way.
Vexy
Popolittz
My favorite new map. ONE OK ROCK - Clock Strikes. Yeah it's hard but NOT impossible, infact I think it's of higher quality than older maps. OP get te fuq over it. SO what you can't perform on those maps! I bet I can't either, so that's why I practice. Then you say that you have nothing to practice, but come on how did you get that good in the first place. Don't qq over everything, if you do you'll never get gud.
Topic Starter
Kayla
Thanks for the one or two posts which contained constructive criticism. I forgot about this thread because it started to get boring to read all the repetitive comments saying "kill urself op cuz ur opinion how dare u ask whats wrong with 2015." Needless to say, I dont believe that I am in the wrong in saying that mappers are out of hand. Look at

Im with ekoro here. I believe that there is room for creativity but the problem still is that maps should not be made to emphasize difficulty over complimenting the song. Lots of that is happening this year. One person I will say in particular has taken this to a new level of stupid is Chloe.. there are others but theyre the only one I'm going to single out because I dont believe they have done a single thing right with any of their ranked extra/insane difficulties. Yes, Ive played a majority of the 2015 maps which are worth speaking about regarding quality. I have 51,000 plays to my name, you can expect I have played a large portion of what is out there, come on people.
Friendan
the 2014 beatmapping style is disgusting
Treekii
Ekoro is the best :)
Topic Starter
Kayla

[ Tree ] wrote:

Ekoro is the best :)
ekoro is a cutiepie
Dilectus
People become better everyday, and crave harder maps. But on the other side. So many new people come in everyday.

Personally I think people map hard songs because they just want to get noticed within the mapping community. I don't know for sure, but that's just my theory.
Vuelo Eluko
a zapy map got ranked, therefore 2015 is the best year ever for maps
B1rd
decimal ar is disgusting, 2015 is the worst year
Vuelo Eluko
editor wont let me set CS higher than 7, 2015 is truly the worst year for mapping
B1rd
file>open .osu in notepad>circlesize>enjoy trying cs10
Vuelo Eluko
nevermind 2015 is the best year ever for maps again
Nuolong

DavidEd wrote:

Personally I think people map hard songs because they just want to get noticed within the mapping community. I don't know for sure, but that's just my theory.
I think that's it.
Impossible map = popular map :/ I like 2012/2013 mapping (Though I wasn't here at that time yet)
Friendan
personally I think Skystar, Hollow Wings, and every other Chinese beatmapper are the best beatmappers
;)
-sev

Friendan wrote:

Skystar
nice meme
Vuelo Eluko
lel xddddd
Szymek
Would like to see the dark side of it lol