forum

Aus/NZ osu!standard 25,000+ Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vaporwave
Do we have dates for any other matches in the bracket? I need to make sure I have nothing planned for the days I'm playing.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
In the evening on Saturday, Sunday and maybe Friday. Like 7pm to a max of 11-11:30pm
TheJimnebob
What! There's no flashlight map pool. :P
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

TheJimnebob wrote:

What! There's no flashlight map pool. :P
m8

pls
TheJimnebob
How will the map difficulty system work? There are some high level people as well as low level in the tournament. How will you decide what maps are right?
Vaporwave

TheJimnebob wrote:

How will the map difficulty system work? There are some high level people as well as low level in the tournament. How will you decide what maps are right?
This.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

TheJimnebob wrote:

This.
I've been thinking about this because I knew it was going to be a bit of a problem. My current solution is to have two map pools, one for the upper bracket and one for the lower bracket. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to share.
Vaporwave

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

I've been thinking about this because I knew it was going to be a bit of a problem. My current solution is to have two map pools, one for the upper bracket and one for the lower bracket. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to share.
What if a lower rank player gets matched against a higher one...?
MilkyTaste

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

The top half of the tournament has the higher ranked players and lower half the lower ranked, so the extreme cases of this won't happen (until near the finale at least). Do like the idea of having different pools for each bracket.

I was able to clear my opponents top play songs and we are 20k rank different. As long as the maps in my match are sub 4.5 star I think will be fun will both of us.

I'm coming for you - Karamu - ;)
Vaporwave

ScreamingHawk wrote:

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

The top half of the tournament has the higher ranked players and lower half the lower ranked, so the extreme cases of this won't happen (until near the finale at least). Do like the idea of having different pools for each bracket.

I was able to clear my opponents top play songs and we are 20k rank different. As long as the maps in my match are sub 4.5 star I think will be fun will both of us.

What I meant is that if someone say 200k+ (I think there's a couple) gets matched with someone sub 30k,
Then it's either going to be boring for one of them. (If one of them manages to get near the finale vsing the same around their rank.)

I don't doubt that someone 20k~ rank above can top their top play songs.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
The way the bracket is setup right now, if a 200k manages to get to the final then they would probably have no problem playing insane maps.

I'm going for the most fun setup from the players' point of view without worrying about the finals, I've played in a seeded tournament effort and it wasn't very fun because I got destroyed, if I were to have versed someone of my skill level to start with then it would have been a closer game and it would have also been a lot more fun.
Vaporwave
So hyped. Map pool! :D
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

So hyped. Map pool! :D
It will be released when I get home from school c:
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Map pool is live. Check OP.
MilkyTaste
YAY! Some great maps in here :3 Decent range too.

Good luck everyone

Edit: Can you confirm how freemod works? Is it that the person that chooses the map decides the mods for both players or each player picks their own mods? Also is nomod a valid freemod choice? What about flashlight? ;)
TheJimnebob
I believe it is choose what ever mod you want.
TheJimnebob
Is the tie breaker a free mod map?
TheJimnebob
Also the map pack lower leads to the upper one.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Can you confirm how freemod works? or each player picks their own mods? Also is nomod a valid freemod choice? What about flashlight? ;)
The person that chooses the map decides the mods for both players.

Nomod is also a valid freemod choice. No flashlight or double time.

TheJimnebob wrote:

Also the map pack lower leads to the upper one.
Fixed.
-James_old_1
can i participate here?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

CrimsonMildred wrote:

can i participate here?
Unfortunately this is an Australian/New Zealand tournament only. The registration period has also passed. Sorry mate.
WhakMyWontons
Just to confirm, my match is now 7:30 on Sunday instead of the original 8:00 Saturday?

Also, was this going to end up getting streamed?

Thanks :) Looking forward to post-birthday, pre-exam osu (Y)
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

WhakMyWontons wrote:

Just to confirm, my match is now 7:30 on Sunday instead of the original 8:00 Saturday?

Also, was this going to end up getting streamed?

Thanks :) Looking forward to post-birthday, pre-exam osu (Y)
That is correct, your game has been moved due to the reasons that I PM'd you.

Yes, this will be streamed. ^.^

Happy birthday and good luck with your exams. :)
WhakMyWontons

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

That is correct, your game has been moved due to the reasons that I PM'd you.

Happy birthday and good luck with your exams. :)
Uhhh I don't believe I received a PM other than the one confirming 8pm Sat :P Oh well :D

Cool, and thanks :)
MilkyTaste

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Can we get the stream details? :)
Vaporwave

ScreamingHawk wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Can we get the stream details? :)
^ All of the yes. ;)
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
I was just given access to the tournament client so unless my computer decides to be a potato every game will be streamed.

Twitch
Vaporwave
Any idea when the round 2 map pool will be released?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

Any idea when the round 2 map pool will be released?
Either Sunday or Monday.
TheJimnebob
"Each participant may only select one map from each specialty map pool (DT, HD, HD, Freemod)."

Please change one of the HD's to HR. (In the OP.)
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

TheJimnebob wrote:

"Each participant may only select one map from each specialty map pool (DT, HD, HD, Freemod)."

Please change one of the HD's to HR. (In the OP.)
top kek
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
For those of you wanting to know what happened to Curty2 vs Vawlt's match, neither of them turned up. So their game will be rescheduled to another time during the week.
MilkyTaste
osu!weekly... Now I have to win :o
WhakMyWontons
>mfw practice lower bracket maps and have to play higher bracket Dx

gg to dionysaw :D
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
I sincerely apologize for my absence tonight, an unexpected family event drew me away from my pc. This shouldn't happen again.

On another note, I am thinking of making just one map pool because from what i've heard, the people of the lower bracket feel pretty comfortable with the upper bracket map pool. To further explore this claim, I have created an informative strawpoll.

This weeks upper map pool may be next weeks also.

I will come to a decision tomorrow.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
The strawpoll that I made yesterday made it pretty clear that people can play ar9, I'm sorry for looking so unprofessional but I'm going to cut the map pool back to one and play with the upper map pool from round 1. This SHOULD give me a clear indication on what I should do for round 3.

Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation.

The schedule for round 2 will be out later today as well.
TheJimnebob
You should probably remove "[20:00] TheJimnebob vs Spectrum21"
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

TheJimnebob wrote:

You should probably remove "[20:00] TheJimnebob vs Spectrum21"
Don't even know how I didn't pick up on that Dx
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Welcome to the start of round 2! I just want to wish you all good luck, and don't forget to have fun! :D

Just a note that I may be unavailable to stream the 5:30 pm match tonight but all the others should be!
Gala

ScreamingHawk wrote:

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

late reply but

rip
show more