forum

Tapping help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hii
So about a month and a half -2 months ago I got a tablet. I've been playing with it ever since and I've got used to it and I can play with it, but the only problem is I'm left handed so I play tablet left hand while I tap with my right, but I'm struggling to alternate with my right hand. I was wondering if anyone had a way I could practice and maybe get better at alternating, I really suck at streams now, where as when I was tapping with my left I was quite good. Any ways I could maybe fix this? A way I could practice?

(Also if this belongs somewhere else, let me know and I'll move it)
boat
Play the game instead of posting shitty threads on shitty forums.
bigfeh
I actually had that problem once I started streaming on keyboard, but you'll pick it up pretty quickly.
E m i
specifically challenge yourself in terms of tapping
Andrea
Thread moved to the correct section.
Synpoo
use your tablet with your right hand
Yuudachi-kun
Singletap for life. Don't alternate; it sucks.
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

What's wrong with alternating? :(
bigfeh

Barusamikosu wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Hurts your speed

it's also retarded
7ambda
Here's a way. Keep spaming x/z on your keyboard until you're alternating 300 bpm with ease.
Barusamikosu

bigfeh wrote:

Hurts your speed
pls explain
bigfeh

Barusamikosu wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Hurts your speed
pls explain
If you need to alternate both fingers to play 200bpm and I can singletap 200bpm, then in theory I could singletap 400bpm if my speed with the other finger is the same. I can either way, however, get past 200bpm when I need to because I have the option of alternating, while you'll just get fucked over if you ever need to increase speed

tl;dr singletapping at the same speed you alternate lets me reach higher speeds when I need to since I can alternate and you're already doing it
-sev

Barusamikosu wrote:

People suck balls at it so they think it's bad.
bigfeh

Kaienyuu wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

People suck balls at it so they think it's bad.
I can alternate, but why would I? It's dumb and as said hurts your speed
Yuudachi-kun
The only thing to alternate are streams, super spaced streams that are too fast to singletap ( Above 280), and sliders so you don't slider break.
Barusamikosu
It's possible to play well as an alternating player. I'm not going to go into singletap vs. alternating arguments. I don't feel like my potential is hindered by my choice of playstyle. I have mutual friends way better than I am that alternate (a few of them are DT players) and none of them have problems with speed.

(are there even any ranked, playable 400bpm maps? with or without DT)
Mahogany
270 becomes 405 in DT, and there are a couple of ranked 270 maps I'm fairly sure.

But at that rate I don't really think you can call any of them "playable" anymore.
bigfeh

Barusamikosu wrote:

It's possible to play well as an alternating player. I'm not going to go into singletap vs. alternating arguments. I don't feel like my potential is hindered by my choice of playstyle. I have mutual friends way better than I am that alternate (a few of them are DT players) and none of them have problems with speed.

(are there even any ranked, playable 400bpm maps? with or without DT)
Any playstyle is viable if you play for long enough
Barusamikosu

bigfeh wrote:

Any playstyle is viable if you play for long enough
This is pretty much what I wanted to say. 8-)
E m i
spam pluto dt and become shadowsoul 8-)
ZenithPhantasm
Get RSI and become _index
show more