forum

Keyboards question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ayygurl
Wich is the best keyboard for osu! between the Roccat Ryos MK Pro (Red MX Switches), and the Corsair Vengeance K70 (Red MX Switches) ?

-Fire
ZenithPhantasm
K70
MiDNiGhT2903
K70 hands down, it's kooler.
I have never used any Roccat products :v
bigfeh
I wouldn't trust Roccat to the point of ditching Corsair. I like them too much to do that

Now that may be just me, but Corsair is incredibly reliable and only makes good quality products - I've never seen any bad hardware with Corsair slapped on it
Topic Starter
ayygurl
okay :D
Noobsicle
roccat one is $290 in australia

get corsair plz
DahplA
Never used either but K70 is cool :D
FrzR
Roccat mechs are overpriced as fuck like did they shove gold inside each key or something
ziin

bigfeh wrote:

I wouldn't trust Roccat to the point of ditching Corsair. I like them too much to do that

Now that may be just me, but Corsair is incredibly reliable and only makes good quality products - I've never seen any bad hardware with Corsair slapped on it
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/01/ ... y_review/9
bigfeh

ziin wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/01/ ... y_review/9

Video is in Portuguese but you can probably make a few words out if you speak Spanish

In the video, a Corsair CS450M (a 450W PSU, quite obviously) holding up an overclocked GTX780Ti + i7-4790k combo. Output gets to upwards of 520 watts and the tensions barely even fart

I can translate it "live" if you want me to, just hit me up anytime I'm online. I'll do it for you if I'm not busy/afk
ziin

bigfeh wrote:

Video is in Portuguese but you can probably make a few words out if you speak Spanish

In the video, a Corsair CS450M (a 450W PSU, quite obviously) holding up an overclocked GTX780Ti + i7-4790k combo. Output gets to upwards of 520 watts and the tensions barely even fart

I can translate it "live" if you want me to, just hit me up anytime I'm online. I'll do it for you if I'm not busy/afk
that's a bad review. Input is 520W, output is somewhere closer to 470W (90% efficiency assuming on 230V). Except the reviewer doesn't give any details about the efficiency or the actual wattage of the computer. It's a bogus way to actually test a power supply. They don't even take apart the power supply.

That being said, I find it to be of subpar quality. Great Wall makes decent enough power supplies, but I'd rather get something made by a very reputable brand, such as Rosewill's Silentnight which is made by super flower. Plus, here in the US, the silentnight 500 is $10 cheaper than the corsair 450M. It's also fanless and platinum efficiency.

It's fairly common for power supplies to not use OCP allowing them to get much higher than their rated specs, but often times OEMS will scale back a PSU to a lower power rating to make sure they get a higher 80+ rating. The 450M will likely pull up to 600W in at a bronze level before shutting off.

I posted a bad quality Corsair product earlier, which was supposed to let you know that while Corsair generally makes good products, they're not flawless.
bigfeh

ziin wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

that's a bad review. Input is 520W, output is somewhere closer to 470W (90% efficiency assuming on 230V). Except the reviewer doesn't give any details about the efficiency or the actual wattage of the computer. It's a bogus way to actually test a power supply. They don't even take apart the power supply.

That being said, I find it to be of subpar quality. Great Wall makes decent enough power supplies, but I'd rather get something made by a very reputable brand, such as Rosewill's Silentnight which is made by super flower. Plus, here in the US, the silentnight 500 is $10 cheaper than the corsair 450M. It's also fanless and platinum efficiency.

It's fairly common for power supplies to not use OCP allowing them to get much higher than their rated specs, but often times OEMS will scale back a PSU to a lower power rating to make sure they get a higher 80+ rating. The 450M will likely pull up to 600W in at a bronze level before shutting off.

I posted a bad quality Corsair product earlier, which was supposed to let you know that while Corsair generally makes good products, they're not flawless.
That's not even a review, it's more of a follow-up. The review was controversial so they made the video

also yeah, I know Corsair isn't flawless (nothing is), but I'd go for maybe Seasonic instead of Rosewill? They'd probably be my second choice
ziin

bigfeh wrote:

also yeah, I know Corsair isn't flawless (nothing is), but I'd go for maybe Seasonic instead of Rosewill? They'd probably be my second choice
Rosewill and Corsair don't make PSUs, they assemble them/buy them from other companies and re-label them. $80 for a 500W fanless platinum modular power supply is hard to beat. $90 for a 450W gold modular power supply is easy to beat. The Great Wall PSU you posted is good, but I'd rather have the Super Flower for less money.

Seasonic makes awesome power supplies, but you have to look at the price. OEMS are also dropping seasonic for something cheaper, so it's not always a good idea to buy seasonic when Super Flower has a cheaper equivalent product out with a Rosewill name slapped on it.
bigfeh

ziin wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Rosewill and Corsair don't make PSUs, they assemble them/buy them from other companies and re-label them. $80 for a 500W fanless platinum modular power supply is hard to beat. $90 for a 450W gold modular power supply is easy to beat. The Great Wall PSU you posted is good, but I'd rather have the Super Flower for less money.

Seasonic makes awesome power supplies, but you have to look at the price. OEMS are also dropping seasonic for something cheaper, so it's not always a good idea to buy seasonic when Super Flower has a cheaper equivalent product out with a Rosewill name slapped on it.
I know what matters is the manufacturer, not the vendor. But then again, Seasonic is definitely one of the best vendors right now.

As for me, I probably would have no use for a 500W PSU since, well, I tend to go for higher end hardware. Gotta admit 80 bucks for a Plat Super Flower 500W PSU is kind of a bargain though