forum

Players ranked between 70,000~100,000

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mvsk
Heya!

If players between or around this rank can post in here that would be great so we can compare :). Post w.e you want it could be random or it could be something pertaining to this topic.

I'm trying to get an idea of how much PP one gets for completing hard mode songs and how much accuracy has an impact on it or not.

I find it odd how i can Full clear some maps that are between 3 ~ 3.8 stars now but still not get more PP than i have for 2 star maps with a mod or two. Even if the accuracy wasn't too terrible for those songs.

Anyway, looking forward to comparing our stuff :)
ZenithPhantasm
Unranked :^)
Endaris
I won't ever understand how people can play with double time. It kills most songs in terms of enjoyment in listening :/
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

I won't ever understand how people can play with double time. It kills most songs in terms of enjoyment in listening :/
It gives insane amounts of pp for less the effort.
ZenithPhantasm

Endaris wrote:

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go
Gotta go fast, gotta go fast,
Gotta go faster, faster, faster, faster, faster
Movin' at speed of sound
Quickest tapper around
Got ourselves a situation, stuck in a new location,
Without any explanation, no time for relaxation!
Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't blink, don't think,
Just go, go, go, go, g-g-g-g-go, go!
Mahogany
I won't ever understand how people can play with DT because I can't singletap that fast :/
Endaris

Kheldragar wrote:

Endaris wrote:

I'm aware. But I just couldn't grind it if don't get it in <5 tries. Too disgusting.
Rather play more and have fun
Topic Starter
Mvsk
Thanks for posting Endaris

As for doubletime i think it sounds good with some songs :) on the longer, lower bpm maps shortens how long it takes to finish it so you can blink sooner than 4 min XD on the higher bpm maps it becomes a good challenge and preps you for the higher ranked maps ---- faster reaction speed, better accuracy with time also helps you to read the maps better the ones between 8~10 AR.

From comparing it looks like there are some hard maps out there that are worth more than normal with mods ---- Influence of accuracy, star rating, and length not yet apparent... Awaiting more data to crunch :3
Endaris
Well actually you said that you fully cleared maps up to 3.8 but from what I've seen you don't really have any map in your top scores that's above 3.25 stars and most of them are even closer to 3.0(if above at all)
Starting from ~3.5 maps really start to give more pp, any A in my top scores isn't a fullcombo, more like a 60% combo and the amounts of pp are still decent enough to pass various other scores i put some work into.
(The Senbonzakura-Score isnt FC as well, i dropped like 20 notes before it ended)
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

no, it gives od9
you can say the same thing about od9 but DT is not the direct cause of 'insane amounts of pp for less the effort' :^)
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

no, it gives od9
you can say the same thing about od9 but DT is not the direct cause of 'insane amounts of pp for less the effort' :^)
Explain to me koigokoro and daidai genome at 95% levels. Let's not mention acc is easier with DT and it gives a higher OD.
ZenithPhantasm
Thread derailed 8-) 8-) 8-)
Topic Starter
Mvsk
Not up to, but between 3 and 3.8.

Most of the hard maps in my top ranks ARE above 3.00 btw.

Thanks though looks like i'll be trying a bit harder on some 3.5'.s But as i said still awaiting more data as accuracy could have a huge impact on 3.0 ~ 3.5. yet all these high rankers are spamming the thread with off topic junk =\

Zenith's autism OP
cheezstik

Endaris wrote:

I'm aware. But I just couldn't grind it if don't get it in <5 tries. Too disgusting.
Rather play more and have fun
Nearly my whole top ranks list was done without retrying, and they are DT, and I had fun doing them, checkmate 8-)

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

no, it gives od9
This is technically true, but find me some 4.5-5.5* nomod OD9 pony maps or tv sizes :^)

This doesn't count, slightly lower than OD9 and slightly longer than a tv size, but i guess this is the closest you can get, which is still harder to do than generic dt pp farm maps and still gives less pp for the effort. Even then, that's two maps out of a billion ezpz dt farm maps. If people decide they wanna make OD9 more of a thing in this star count range, then nomod pp farming will become as easy as dt pp farming.
Yuudachi-kun
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/471558?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/599863?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/433346?m=0

The first two give good amounts of pp for an average amount of effort. Too bad they're not od9.

Good for me.
Kakoii_old_1
i'm ranked 186k currently and from what i can tell you wont get hardly ANY PP for just clearing a song you need to get like 98% acc to see anything noticeable. i SS some easy ranked song with DT HD HR and i only got like 20 something pp but i haven't SS'd a hard ranked song yet so i couldn't tell you how much you would get
Topic Starter
Mvsk
That's why i'm looking for players between 70,000~100,000 XD
Anyway thanks for your input.
Mahogany
High accuracy definitely helps.

100% is just crazy

99% is ideal, very good. 98% is a great run. 97% is good enough. 96% is eh, and anything at or below 95% is disgusting.

Remember to keep your acc high. Don't be another Kheldragar.
E m i
I find low-medium OD SSes underrated - if the OD7-8 maps i've SSed were OD9, i would probably have around 100 more pp now 8-)
there's pretty much no way around it because one play can have the same accuracy on two hypothetical ODs
Topic Starter
Mvsk
Thanks for your input Mahoganytooth
And i know it's better and helps i'm trying to see what kind of a gap it would leave between
normal + mods + high acc vs Hard (3.00 ~ 3.50 specifically) + acc.

Not like you or anybody else in this thread with that kind of rank can go to your top lists and check since all you guys have are insane maps -.-
Mahogany
Heh, sorry I can't help. TBH I only really played maps below 3 stars until I got a tablet and then I instantly made a jump to 4-star maps, so I don't really know anything at all about the range of maps you play :oops:
cheezstik

Kheldragar wrote:

The first two give good amounts of pp for an average amount of effort. Too bad they're not od9.
I didn't say there weren't any nomod maps out there that give high pp for low effort, just not many od9 tv sizes / pony maps, which tend to be the easiest. Some high pp low effort maps that are nomod I can think of are the obvious rog unlimitation and d.m.c.
Topic Starter
Mvsk

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Heh, sorry I can't help. TBH I only really played maps below 3 stars until I got a tablet and then I instantly made a jump to 4-star maps, so I don't really know anything at all about the range of maps you play :oops:
Don't worry about it, I'm just going to afk for now and hope some players within the indicated rank post.
E m i
(HD)DTHR normals (usually AR9 OD8.07) are the (HD)DT 'insanes' (usually AR9.67 OD9) of ranks 40.000-150.000. Except better, because you don't even have to stick to a certain (180-225bpm) range. 8-)
Trust me, you can make 70pp plays with just HDDTHR normals.
cheezstik

[ Momiji ] wrote:

(HD)DTHR normals (usually AR9 OD8.07) are the (HD)DT 'insanes' (usually AR9.67 OD9) of ranks 40.000-150.000. Except better, because you don't even have to stick to a certain (180-225bpm) range. 8-)
Trust me, you can make 70pp plays with just HDDTHR normals.
Shit accuracy and no HD:

Ay lmao 8-)

SS is worth 200+
E m i
damn normals m8 8-)
Endaris
I'd suggest you to play enough hard nomod maps
The map design changes kind of drastically around this difficulty and hrdt normals can't rly prepare you for continous large jumps, (longer) streams etc.
On the same note I don't think it's worth to "farm" pp at this point as you can pretty much watch yourself getting better without much effort.
If you care about your rank you should start with farming dt-plays when you feel like you're stuck.

To monitor your improvement you can get a song you like that has a star difficulty clearly above your level(like 4.0) and play it once(not twice or more) every few days with NF and watch your Acc going up with each try. Once your skill level moved up to this region you'll just happen to fc it on accident with bad acc and pat your shoulders while congratulating yourself about getting that massive pp. Then you'll find that your average acc went down quite a bit cause your acc on your top play is so bad and you will play the map again and manage to fc it again with better acc until you're satisfied with the play.
ZenithPhantasm

xTr1gger wrote:

Zenith's autism OP
Pls your post nowhere near my level you casual 8-)
bigfeh
shit rank shitposter checking in :)

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go
Gotta go fast, gotta go fast,
Gotta go faster, faster, faster, faster, faster
Movin' at speed of sound
Quickest tapper around
Got ourselves a situation, stuck in a new location,
Without any explanation, no time for relaxation!
Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't blink, don't think,
Just go, go, go, go, g-g-g-g-go, go!
lol this is too good
Genki1000

xTr1gger wrote:

And i know it's better and helps i'm trying to see what kind of a gap it would leave between

Not like you or anybody else in this thread with that kind of rank can go to your top lists and check since all you guys have are insane maps -.-
Dunno if this will help, but here are some HD hards compared to HDDTHR normals from the same mapset (the first set of numbers is the pp, followed by score, acc and combo):

The maps used:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/513350&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/563789&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/352727&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/501247&m=0

Conclusion: Normals > Hards?
Lagel

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Because regurgitating shit is something to be proud of
k
7ambda
Hi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bigfeh

Lagel wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Because regurgitating shit is something to be proud of
k
why are you white knighting in g&r
ZenithPhantasm
:P
Topic Starter
Mvsk

Genki1000 wrote:

xTr1gger wrote:

Dunno if this will help, but here are some HD hards compared to HDDTHR normals from the same mapset (the first set of numbers is the pp, followed by score, acc and combo):

The maps used:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/513350&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/563789&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/352727&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/501247&m=0

Conclusion: Normals > Hards?
Genki1000 thanks for the map suggestions and data :)
Not sure if that Kakushigoto is the same map i have started off with it as a warm up earlier (hard/insane) . With most 3.5~3.95 maps i can complete just can't FC. (Which i guess the game technically classifies as 4 stars as that's the category they are under when sorting by difficulty) Damn slider breaks and such.

F1r3tar wrote:

Hi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
F1r3tar ! Thanks for posting man
This is the data i was looking for

BiBi - Fuyu ga Kureta Yokan [Mei's Hard] (99.41%) 46pp

Near perfect acc 46 pp 3.28 Difficulty song over 2mins.
Below that a more standard play acc of 97.88 on a 3.43 still yielding 44pp

The rest generally above 40pp with a normalized accuracy range of 97%~99% ish
Most that are below 40pp have some slightly lower acc scores 92%~96% ish

So i will still be earning some pp for putting the time in to FC more 3~3.5 star maps and it will be more than doing normals with the mods i use. though not much it'll add up over time :) nice. very nice.

The reason i initially asked and made this thread is because i didn't want my act to be at a stalemate while working on 3~3.5's. Completing harder maps while it just sits there and slowly loses rank like when i don't play for weeks or months. 8-)
sottovoce
If you want to compare pp scores, just use Tillerino bot. Then you can see how much pp a fc will give with varying degrees of accuracy, and add mods too if you wish. Can't believe no one suggested this.

PP rewards for accuracy are very high.
Topic Starter
Mvsk

sottovoce wrote:

If you want to compare pp scores, just use Tillerino bot. Then you can see how much pp a fc will give with varying degrees of accuracy, and add mods too if you wish. Can't believe no one suggested this.

There is a bot for this now? :o awesome this is perfect!
i'll go look for some commands thanks SottoVoce

(And yes... Idk if it's from a recent patch or what but i redid a song i already cleared with SS but added some more mods--- lost 8pp because the accuracy wasn't perfect in the end but still got over 98.60% on it -.-)
Itsudemoo
Hey there,

Look am not low level but i know how you can easily aquire pp

In the osu pp system there are a couple simple rules which apply to everything pigeonholing on things like OD arent gonna make stuff easier when you're still a noob.

When you want to get pp from the map part 1 to make shure is getting an fc.
once you have the fc then the next most important part is your acc
acc is really important if you wanna make any pp whatsoever and if you find yourself fcing maps that are 3.8 stars but can't get a decent acc then it means they're to hard for pp gain.
the best thing you can do is go back down a little and play on lower stars

also thing to note is looking at a map it's bpm you can predict alot from only looking at the bpm

for example
if the map has high bpm it means it probably has simple patterns but is really fast whilst if a map is really low bpm it probably has some fucked up doubles and stuff that'll only irritate you on the way to pp thus it's best to find a middle ground.
at 3.2/3.8 star rating it's best to just farm between 150-180 bpm which is easily doable for anyone with abit of experience.
also once the bpm goes above 180 try to play ar 9 maps because all the circles on your screen will confuse you on ar 8
sottovoce

xTr1gger wrote:

sottovoce wrote:

There is a bot for this now? :o awesome this is perfect!
i'll go look for some commands thanks SottoVoce

(And yes... Idk if it's from a recent patch or what but i redid a song i already cleared with SS but added some more mods--- lost 8pp because the accuracy wasn't perfect in the end but still got over 98.60% on it -.-)
You can add the bot as a friend on osu! and give it commands or you can simply visit the website http://ppaddict.tillerino.org/ - search what you want and see the pp.

The bot can recommend you songs it thinks are good to farm some pp. Just say !r to it. And you can message it !withDTHD or !withHTEZ for example to add mods.
show more