forum

Anime with best art.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Monstrata
Warning: Large images.

Kotonoha no Niwa - The Garden of Words

This short film has some of the most realistic and breathtaking art i've ever seen. Oh, the story isn't bad at all either!

Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Actually, pretty much anything by Makoto Shinkai would easily stand out for its incredibly detailed and beautiful artworks.

I would also add 5 Centimeters per Second but most people are already familiar with that work by Makoto Shinkai so I thought I'd mention two other less-popular ones :).
domSaur
pretty much stuff from Makoto Shinkai and Shaft.
konkonation
I think gankutsuou's art is pretty damn amazing.
Green Platinum
What is up with people and shaft.

Here I see shaft referred to heavily
and in other threads I see X-series (like mekaku city actors) could have been good, but shaft happened.
Athrun
5 centimetres Per Second.

Old anime but great art <3
EneT

Green Platinum wrote:

What is up with people and shaft.

Here I see shaft referred to heavily
and in other threads I see X-series (like mekaku city actors) could have been good, but shaft happened.
The problem with Mekakucity Actors is that it was way too rushed, they skipped too much of the story and left so many plot holes. If they had ended the 12th episode on Outer Science it could have left them space to make a 2nd season and fix all the plot holes they left but instead they decided to end it straight away with Summertime Record. I'm guessing it was problems with budget since they did get a bunch of popular singers to sing for them.

In terms of Shaft, you either love them or hate them because they put their own unique spice into their animations and that's why you see so many mixed opinions. Personally I love Shaft, they're my favourite Anime Studio
-SayaKai
RWBY

deym cross-overs :3
Green Platinum
Mekaku city actors wasn't gonna get a second season anyway. Suggesting companies produce their show with the expectation that they will get a second season for not finishing the plot is a bad idea anyway.
olivia272
5 Centimeters per Second OR Hyouka, in my opinion.
CodeS
It's like people can't tell the difference between Art and Animation.

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Clarity and detail will improve over time, but for now Hanasaku Iroha and Kotonoha no Niwa are the most impressive on details and tecnical skill.

If you are talking stylistically, then take your pick.
Both are cases of incredible use of shadow Shading, color bending and Proper lighting
it's amazing how putting the lights and highlights in the correct place can make an Anime look so gorgeous (more on Niwa)
Hanasuka Iroha had tons of budget for the Art part because it was an Anniversary Anime, but yeah, these 2 shows have really good art.

My pick would go to Redline, Kara no Kyoukai or Kotonoha no Niwa.

About SHAFT:

SPOILER
They know how to use color, gradients and perspective, that way they can disguise the horrible art most of their series have.
thats why they ended doing tons of fixes on the BDs of every series they've done, and let's not talk about art and animation inconsistencies, but that's another topic anyway.
Zuikaku
B Gata H Kei :)

Those facial expressions
[ yogurt ]

-SayaKai wrote:

RWBY

deym cross-overs :3
rwby looks like a pile of turd outside of battle scenes though.
Mafuuu
SHAFT does have great art. Their stills usually have a lot of meaning in them. Also, the effort they put into designing their buildings deserves claps. *clap clap*

On another note, I really liked the art for the backgrounds in Nagi no Asukara.
ZeethusOSU
If it's about the art, I would go pick "No game No Life!" So Colorful!
Green Platinum

ZeethusOSU wrote:

If it's about the art, I would go pick "No game No Life!" So Colorful!
Just no
piruchan
Nagi no Asukara.

Probably invalid opinion.
I've only watched two shows by SHAFT, Mekakucity Actors and Nisekoi, and I'm not fond of how SHAFT makes background looks like a painted cardboard. Sometimes this "cardboard" style also affects the characters.
ShaunH
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso had a very good looking art style.
NicoHolic777
Those Witch's Labyrinths in Madoka Magica pulled me into the world of anime!
Cat Owner
Guess I'll need a pen to draw (Just joking). FATE/ZERO the BEST!!!
himeitch
Zankyou no Terror has some fantastic art and animation tbh
Rifdi
Kotonoha no Niwa is pretty amazing as well
Green Platinum

RifdiAN wrote:

Kotonoha no Niwa is pretty amazing as well
Movies kinda feels like cheating because it is a movies budget and time spent on a couple episodes of content.
Hooray
I think Cowboy Bebop looks really good, especially the fight scenes. I just love how fluid everything is.
(inb4 hipsters)

Also, in terms of style, Ping-Pong: The Animation was great. That seems to be pretty love-it-or-hate-it from what I've seen, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Green Platinum

arbitraryHooray wrote:

I think Cowboy Bebop looks really good, especially the fight scenes. I just love how fluid everything is.
(inb4 hipsters)

Also, in terms of style, Ping-Pong: The Animation was great. That seems to be pretty love-it-or-hate-it from what I've seen, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You might also like the try the fight scenes in Samurai Champloo or Katanagatari

Ping-pong is more enjoyed it or dropped it immediately.
Defcon_Moechan
Mashiro iro symphony
Szymek
Tokyo Ghoul Definatly.
Green Platinum

xSzymonPL wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul Definatly.
Can't tell if troll or anime scrub
LukaXGAMErs
Sword Art Online, Hyouka, Magi: Labyrinth of Magic. These three are my favorite art styles or what you call best arts.
EneT

LukaXGAMErs wrote:

Sword Art Online, Hyouka, Magi: Labyrinth of Magic. These three are my favorite art styles or what you call best arts.
Ooooooooookaaaaaaaaay deeeeeennnnnnnnnn
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

LukaXGAMErs wrote:

A-1 and Kyoto Animation though
LukaXGAMErs

EneT wrote:

LukaXGAMErs wrote:

dis is just my opinions hue hue c:
lemonguy
Unlimited Budget Works if we're talking about straight quality and animation.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series for its unique style.
Telstra3G
For me Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works had really good art-style.
Some others for me are The world God only knows, etc.
[Nic]
Psycho-Pass for me. Something about it just looks so good imo.

Edit: Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo is a pretty beautiful series. Thought that it deserved a mention too
Raiken-
so far: love lab

for old anime i liked bleach's (lastest style ofc)

and my troll asnwer is: god eater
Arief Santosa
much much much :)
Arief Santosa
i like nagi no asukara & sword art online, best art
-Nya-
Is no-one going to mention Attack on Titan?
I mean there were some really amazing artwork scenes. Specifically the parts where the characters use their 3DMG.
CuticleThong
Does anyone not mentioning some anime such Shirobako, Gochuumon, or Oregairu D:
kirueggy
Sounding very cliche here but I'm gonna have to go with JoJo's. It has that unique aura drawn towards it lol
show more