FlyingKiwi
ExGod.
Trosk-
Dat Grahpic O_o
autofanboy
zZz
best rules 2k15
fix the tourney cwc2016 pls

There are quite a lot of concerns and problems below that I find annoying, especially the middle part HK 2-3 TW changed to HK 1-4 TW.

1. Fail score shouldn't be instantly removed.
It is really demoralizing to see the score drops to 0 even though you got a high combo and fail... (Unless the tournament aims on weighing accuracy > combo, then getting an almost-FC and fail at last = 0? Really?). It should be counting the score before the player fails and not counting the scores afterwards. In *this case, the scores failed should be counted before the players got failed.

2. Disconnected score shouldn't be instantly removed from the match.
The disconnected scores should be counted as well, you just have to count the score before the player disconnects. In *this case, SakaNa's score was still captured before he disconnects, which means the score should count at this point, but not nullifying the score.

3. Fix the whole Score Counting System / Match Info Page.
Take a look at *this. It was originally 1-3 at this point (neglect the previous one which might count as 3-2 or 4-1 etc.) , however the score counting system means the scores have to be captured by the Bancho server and here it is. Originally it will be 2-3 since there are 2 TW players and 1 HK players got disconnected, yet it still counted as 1-4 because Bancho recorded tk9527's score, while the match info page didn't mention, so it is kind of controversial whether which score panel counts.

4. Bugs in the Match Info Page.
In *this screenshot, even though SakaNa got disconnected, how come his score was recorded as Red Team? Maybe it is just bugs in the page but come on, fix them.

Note that I am not really aggressive towards CWC2015, but I think it needs far more improvements, not only just the match between HK and TW, but also the other matches which I believe they have the same problems as well. Fixing the rules, disconnection problems (how come 3 players got disconnected in the same match), the HR-mod picking thing, and etc., can provide a more smooth and fair tournament. If possible, there should be a rematch due to the various bugs. I hope to see CWC2016 improves in the soon future. Still, the staff are working well in the whole tournament, keep it up.

At the end, I am sorry if my words are hard to comprehend as I am just a 15-year kid and English is not my mother language either. Thank you for reading the whole post.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Simple: CtB multi has the mechanic of failing and reviving and surviving. To set a score, at least pass. That's how it works. This won't be changed.

Disconnected players shouldn't be removed? What? How? Ever had a Skype call? If they DC, they get removed. That's intended behavior. Disconnects have been frequently abused in past world cups. Moreover, if you DC, you send no score. We have no data, so you have no score. What are we supposed to take? Dice out the score?

The third point is something I don't understand. Again, if the score doesn't get submitted and passed Bancho (mind, this is also a security measurement), we don't count it.

The score you see is a fake one, as far as I got told. This is a bug, you can report that in tech support. Either way. It was detected as fake score and treated accordingly (see above)

Majority of your concerns are invalid, sorry.
autofanboy
I kind of understand how the multiplayer mechanism works, but is it really that harsh to see a player failing at last and award a 0-score, even though the player got a comparatively high in combo or accuracy? If so, the whole tournament weighs the HP instead of the score and accuracy, which really impede the scoring mechanism. The player have to pass first, then with a high score. So getting a high score is not even useful to benefit their own team because of a fail at the end, really demoralizing.

Another thing is again, regarding to the system. Why is the system so bad that it requires the player to pass such that his/her plays can be recorded. Have you ever think of it, like the system is really able to record the plays. Regarding to the rules, why is it allowed for the players to get themselves revived when they fail in middle and they keep themselves alive at the end to score; but not the players who got a pass at first until the last part they fail, then their scores cannot be counted. These rules are way too outrageous.

Disconnection means intended behavior? Then what does that mean if the player just got disconnected at the end of the match, his score still don't count? Will a player disconnects himself/herself at the end with a good play / high combo, and make their team lose, just because he intended to do so? It seems not really logical to think like this.

Indeed there are intended disconnections in the past world cups, some of them might be abused, however the rules are different from the one this year. Yet you still think that treating them as fails and awards for 0 score appropriate as the solution, why not finding another more suitable way to solve the problem? Better say the mistake is from the system, but not the players. If you mean that the players abuse disconnections trying to interrupt the match, then what is the use of banning players before the world cup begins, is that process useless?

What is the meaning of mentioning Skype Call? It seems irrelevant because it is just regarding to the twitching thing, but the problem is still on how the twitch works (and maybe the system as well), such as how you broadcast each players. What? Disconnected players send no score and data? Probably it is because of the system failure again, it is incapable of handling the records. In overall the blame is not on the players but the whole system.

As you mentioned, scores do not submit when Bancho didn't get their passes as security measurement, then what is *this? How should we count the scores? Using the Bancho server as the score counter? Then what is this match info page for, is that used to inform fault records? Based on this, it proves that Bancho system is not capable again because what the match info page records is different from the score announcements by the staff, using the in-game system for counting the scores.

Okay, what is so-called security measurement?

That was funny to say as fake scores. That further proves again Bancho system is no good at this, and the match info records are far different from the records taken by the staff. In this case you can say every records are going to be fake anyways if they are different from how the staff records the scores.

Note that we have 3 disconnections in *one round, is it really the players' problems or the system failed to run appropriately? In *this round, fake scores again? Or the system is unable to capture different players' records? Disconnected players' records do not count, so why is the score here can still be recorded by Bancho (I believe SakaNa got disconnected at the moment he got 385 combo). Kind of controversial to see two version of scores recorded by the in-game server or the match info thing.

I bet you will say the match info page takes fake records once again, uh. Maybe at first the tournament is fake.

Tl;dr System _
SakaNaz
Thanks for the great rules
autofanboy

SakaNa wrote:

Thanks for the great rules
-SayaKai
D:
CLSW
The 1st day of Quarters :

CUTIE PANTHER WATASHIII
Synchrostar
god bless cutie panther
-SayaKai
Cutie Panther Pantsu :P

.... be like.
Kagari

-SayaKai wrote:

.... be like.
that's my line there...

/runs
-SayaKai

Kagari wrote:

-SayaKai wrote:

.... be like.
that's my line there...

/runs
lol. Kagari pls. /runs fast

Edit: RENATUSBOIZ
Krah
No tiebreaker this week I'm quite sad :'(
Good matches anyway

Since wiki update will take a time I think
Next week mappool
Time-
HD pool is so cancerous
-SayaKai
dat HD pool D:
Synchrostar
obligatory love live map
Hinsvar

Synchrostar wrote:

obligatory love live map
mandatory to appear in every stage of CWC 2015

the HD pool lmao
Zak
It's a bad thing when even HD players don't like the HD pool
-SayaKai

Zak wrote:

It's a bad thing when even HD players don't like the HD pool
true.
Krzysiek
Hidden players might not like it, but still they have an edge over nomod players.
-SayaKai
yeah D:
Ddraigon
It's nice fact that the Semi-Finalist from winner bracket are the winners from C, D, E, F Groups.
-SayaKai
rip group A
Nwolf

Synchrostar wrote:

obligatory love live map
me crying already

Map picks from Quarterfinals

Total matches: 8 - Total maps played: 56

Picks - Bans

BiBi - CUTIE PANTHER WATASHI (CRYSTAL PANTSU) [Captivation] <NM> 6 - 0
Giga-P - Electric Angel (pkmnyab) [Insane] <DT> 6 - 0
An - Artcore Jinja (ursa) [OverdoZe] <NM> 5 - 0
Kagamine Rin - Oni Kanojo (val0108) [gow's Insane] <HR> 5 - 0
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - PONPONPON (D33d) [Boxxy's Velocity of Collabiflower] <DT> 5 - 0
Soleily - Renatus (Deif) [Rain] <NM> 5 - 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Yousei Teikoku - Deep Sea (EvilElvisV2) [LC] <DT> 4 - 1
CLIFF EDGE - Endless Tears ft. Nakamura Maiko (CLSW) [Tears] <HD> 3 - 1
Yucha-P - Thieves Night Trick (tutuhaha) [Extra] <HD> 3 - 1
GUMI - PANDA HERO (gowww) [Insane] <DT> 3 - 2
sun3 - Higan Retour (saymun) [Lunatic] <HR> 3 - 2
Megpoid GUMI - Romantic Hero (tutuhaha) [Hero] <NM> 2 - 1
supercell - Rock 'n' Roll Nan Desu no (Garven) [Insane] <HD> 2 - 3
Mili - Utopiosphere (Spectator) [Ecstasia] <HR> 2 - 5
Linked Horizon - Guren no Yumiya (TV Size) (eldnl) [Overdose] <NM> 1 - 4
Marika - knowing short ver. (Konei) [Rain] <HD> 1 - 5
Mutsuhiko Izumi - Snow Goose (ZiRoX) [Overdose] <NM> 0 - 1
doriko feat. Hatsune Miku - Paradise Cage (KanbeKotori) [Insane] <HR> 0 - 5
Hatsuki Yura - Yoiyami Hanabi (Spectator) [Twillight] <TB> 0

edit: fixed cutie panther title tybai
-SayaKai
Cutie panther pantsu!
CLSW
Cutie Panther \:D/
Professor Gila

CLSW wrote:

Cutie Panther \:D/

rrrrrhhh...

runs...
Kagari

-SayaKai wrote:

Cutie panther pantsu!
-SayaKai

Kagari wrote:

-SayaKai wrote:

Cutie panther pantsu!
Time-
CLSW's pantsu
-SayaKai

Time- wrote:

CLSW's pantsu
LOL
CLSW
Don't ask me about my pantsu..
Zak

CLSW wrote:

What color are your pantsu?
-SayaKai

CLSW wrote:

what type are your pantsu?

//runs fast
Charles445
How many bans do you think my difficulty will get?
http://puu.sh/i55vh.jpg
Krzysiek
About 20%.
iiyo

Charles445 wrote:

How many bans do you think my difficulty will get?
http://puu.sh/i55vh.jpg
no one is gonna play it
eldnl
can i join the cwc now

edit: charles your map is fun so i think not a single ban <3
-SayaKai
^no
show more