forum

STREAMS! HELP ME :>

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hairy Fruit
Hi :),

so I´ve been playing Osu! for 7 months now and I´m at rank 29k atm.
Not quite impressive I know... so I´ve been struggling with streams since I started with Osu! ... Now short streams up to maybe 10 notes are pretty doable for me, my only problem are looooooong streams like freedom dive(bad example because I cant do it xD) And also very fast streams.. for me every stream above 190bpm is quite 'fast' everything above 200 is CRAZY! So I wanted to ask you guys, also the more experienced players, how to practice streaming correctly or ind the best way. How do I practice streams the most efficient way? And any tips on how to get good stamina?(except just playing, if there are any)

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it ;)

bye
E m i
stream a lot
Vuelo Eluko
not impressive is subjective, personally i think 2000pp at 2 million hits is very good.

long streams take a lot of practice, you have to discern the tempo and mantain it, if you hit all 300's at the start of a long stream, listen to the way hitsounds are, and try to make sure your tapping makes them keep sounding that way. aiming wise, just make sure you stay in front of the spot where all the approach circles are closing in behind the stream.
Barusamikosu
Start from slow streams and work your way up. Accuracy is just as important as speed when it comes to streams.

A good starting place would be the maps in this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

To build stamina and speed, push your self at and above (but not too far above) your limits.

To build accuracy, listen to the hitsounds and try to emulate the tempo they create as closely as possible. (Use relax or auto on a map if you're totally lost)
Topic Starter
Hairy Fruit
thx for all the tips so far :> also big thanks for this nice website of streaming beatmaps this is really cool :DD

Barusamikosu what do you mean with not too far above? like not even doable because i wont get better if I cant follow or how can I understand this? :)
Vuelo Eluko
you dont improve by playing things you can't follow, it's the same concept as how when you learned how to write letters in preschool, you were taught to actually write them slowly at first and not randomly scribble all over your paper until you got it right, because you'd have never learned them that way.
Topic Starter
Hairy Fruit

Riince wrote:

you dont improve by playing things you can't follow, it's the same concept as how when you learned how to write letters in preschool, you were taught to actually write them slowly at first and not randomly scribble all over your paper until you got it right, because you'd have never learned them that way.
^^ youre right :D that sounds true ^_^ well thanks for help :)
Barusamikosu

JiizR wrote:

Barusamikosu what do you mean with not too far above? like not even doable because i wont get better if I cant follow or how can I understand this? :)
Try to improve gradually, don't shortcut yourself. Don't try to stream 222bpm before you can stream 200bpm.

EDIT: More specifically, if your streaming limit is 170bpm, for example, play maps from 170-180bpm.
ZenithPhantasm
Play carefully to avoid RSI
nrl
strims r rly hrd pls halp
Barusamikosu

Narrill wrote:

strims r rly hrd pls halp
pley mor
felicitousname
Gimme acc please ;(
Yuudachi-kun

Barusamikosu wrote:

JiizR wrote:

Try to improve gradually, don't shortcut yourself. Don't try to stream 222bpm before you can stream 200bpm.

EDIT: More specifically, if your streaming limit is 170bpm, for example, play maps from 170-180bpm.
Pffffff

Passing rog unlimitation then trying to fc helped me go from 200 max to 220 max. Then again I am bad at streams.
Mahogany
Don't worry, OP, I only learned to stream 170 once I got to rank 20k.

I still can't stream above 170

:/
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

Passing rog unlimitation then trying to fc helped me go from 200 max to 220 max. Then again I am bad at streams.
200 -> 220 isn't too huge a jump I guess (going 20BPM above my limit usually doesn't go well for me, though).

The problem I've seen with the "speed first" approach is that people aren't developing accuracy along with it, and I usually see unwillingness to train lower BPM because it's "too slow".

To use Rog as an example, among mutuals that went with "speed first", they ended up FCing with ~92% accuracy.

However, another friend who worked up from slower streams ended up with this:

But, of course, everyone is different and I could be wrong. People reading this should follow what they feel is the best approach.
Mahogany

Riince wrote:

not impressive is subjective, personally i think 2000pp at 2 million hits is very good.
oh cool

Yuudachi-kun
You have 739.7411 hits per pp.
Riince has 2112.2261 hits per pp.
I have 939.6453 hits per pp.
Wubwoofwolf has 3254.3067 hits per pp.

TL;DR we're all better than WWW obviously.
Mahogany
What I don't get are the people with 15k plays and around 1k pp :/
Yuudachi-kun
Spamming retry is how that one guy has 55,000 plays or something and how I got anywhere close to 4,000 plays in December, so I would guess it's that.
Barusamikosu

Mahoganytooth wrote:

What I don't get are the people with 15k plays and around 1k pp :/
Some people just want to enjoy game.
Mahogany
Yes but I don't understand how people can be so bad after so long even if you don't care about improving you are going to improve naturally at the game
Yuudachi-kun
>> My accuracy
Mahogany
Your acc is shit but you're still a good player
Synpoo
Practice fd4d
Qash
Barusamikosu

Qash wrote:

Actually, every time your going to play osu, start off with a stream map between 150-160 bpm, then over the course of like 15-30 minutes, work your way up to your max deathstream bpm and go from there.
Good advice. I always warm up on slow streams before I practice fast ones. This also ties into some advice given earlier:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Play carefully to avoid RSI
pandaBee

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Riince wrote:

oh cool

What you two aren't taking into account is the law of diminishing returns. I.e. 2 million hits stretched out over a long time is going to net more GAINZZZ than if you did it in a month or less.

Also, one more thing you should note OP, you're going to find maps where it's mapped much more intuitively, rhythmically speaking, to YOU. You need to find those maps and practice those as opposed to maps that aren't well mapped to your reading ability (rhythmically speaking, again).

Once you get good at those maps where it almost feels natural to fill in those 300 streams, that's when you move on to the things of similar difficult (in terms of * difficulty) where you have trouble matching the beat to the stream.
DahplA
If it makes you feel better, I've played for a year (~13k) and still can't stream 200 for more than 7 notes :D
deletemyaccount

Kheldragar wrote:

Spamming retry is how that one guy has 55,000 plays or something and how I got anywhere close to 4,000 plays in December, so I would guess it's that.
You aren't talking about me right? ;_;
ZenithPhantasm

Philantropist wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

You aren't talking about me right? ;_;
Unfortunately we are 8-)
Endaris

Kheldragar wrote:

You have 739.7411 hits per pp.
Riince has 2112.2261 hits per pp.
I have 939.6453 hits per pp.
Wubwoofwolf has 3254.3067 hits per pp.

TL;DR we're all better than WWW obviously.
loppy has less than 100k hits per pp though, clearly showing his genius
show more