forum

[duplicate] Bring back the coins

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bara-
^^
The coins were fun, trying to collect as many as possible
Why not keep it, but let the player choose if they want it enabled or not
I really liked it
Marchwiak
Yas, i loved it too...
It could be good ranking idea!
:(
#riposucoins
milidesu200
Ok..... I miss the osu coins :'c but.... Is is a joke for April fools?? :v
drum drum

milidesu200 wrote:

Ok..... I miss the osu coins :'c but.... Is is a joke for April fools?? :v
Yea, april fools!
chilisau
Really liked the coins too. Hope they'll bring them back
Wingman626
i agree.

the coins where a great idea, and collecting them was fun.

I'm not really sold on the idea of other feature requests asking to use the coins as currency to buy PP or some other in-game stat booster.

but collecting them for the sake of collecting was a really fun past-time during the april fools session. im still surprised that ppy announced two users that have collected over a couple thousand coins (and of course, its the good players near the top of the global leaderboards T.T)
Topic Starter
Bara-
Peppy
I have an other idea
Bring them back as eggs
For easter
- Marco -
I liked them :'(
abraker
Change your calendar to 4/1 and don't update until it's an official feature. I like the coins too.
- Marco -

abraker wrote:

Change your calendar to 4/1 and don't update until it's an official feature. I like the coins too.
It's directly removed from the client now :(

Topic Starter
Bara-
Don't update I guess
Szymek

baraatje123 wrote:

^^
The coins were fun, trying to collect as many as possible
Why not keep it, but let the player choose if they want it enabled or not
I really liked it
yea that sounds like a GREAT IDEA ! we need a new ranking system for that though ???
Supairo
I'm leaving that for those interested. Just a message from the changelog for the update b20140401.2.

peppy wrote:

There was a lot of positive feedback about the satisfaction of earning coins (I agree with this), so you may see something similar in the future of osu!. Of course, they would not be sold for real money, nor limit your ability to play the game ;).
Maybe the coins are not lost forever, we might see them back soon. :)

BTW, has anyone seen [MinaKami-Mai] somewhere ? This user seems to have a 135,663 coin debt to peppy (according to him). And congrats __M A S__ for farming 5,000 coins! I don't think peppy thought these were even possible.
Redon
Supairo

Redon wrote:

koopa712 wrote:

And congrats __M A S__ for farming 5,000 coins! I don't think peppy thought these were even possible.
Since they were based on combo, the coins were inherently imbalanced in favor of mania. Play LN heavy maps for an hour and you have 1000 coins without even trying.
Wow. Not even 2-3 hours after the update and I already forgot that. :o
If the coin system comes back, the algorithm for mania should be changed, like 1 coin (or whatever may replace it) every 250 or 500 chain. Like that, maps with something like a 2000 chain would give 8 or 4 coins instead of 20, balancing it a bit more with the other modes.
BananasGoMoo
I don't really care for the coins, but I liked the sound playing every 100 combo. It was super useful. I'd like that as a feature.

-BGM
PureFallen
Warning: Bad English

One point is correct:
A lot of players restarting maps after failed a note (Fail, one 100 by SS-try etc.)
The coins prevent it by some player. So this players play the map until the end.

It´s a interesting idea to give coins by playing longer and not restart every 2-3 second :/

In my opinion it should give coins, but not for buying any coins, pp and more.
Also leaderboard should not exist. Only a counter in the "Detailed Stats" area of the userpage.
So other can see if a player plays normal or restarting thousand times to beat a map.

Unranked Maps should not cost any coins and not drop them or it will gives farming maps to quickly :o (thanks baraatje123 :* )
Topic Starter
Bara-
Why did you say: "Warning: Bad English" when it's quite good
The only thing wrong is "Not ranked map" (which is called unranked)

:P

I think this'll get some stars after the frigging 24 hrs are gone Stupid Lanturn
- Marco -

BananasGoMoo wrote:

I don't really care for the coins, but I liked the sound playing every 100 combo. It was super useful. I'd like that as a feature.

-BGM
You can do it by setting combo every 100 and using a custom sound for combo ;)
Topic Starter
Bara-
Yes
Comboburst-x.wav
But I requires a line in Skin.ini
CustomComboBurstSounds: 50,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1100,1200
The numbers are at which combo it'll activate, set it to own preference (It's under [General], so if it doesn't exist there, make a new line in the skin.ini under the general tab with that name and the preferred numbers
show more