forum

General Football Thread (일반 축구 스레드)

posted
Total Posts
show more
wmfchris

Ouariasse wrote:

I seriously hope bayern wins vs chelsea.
I didn't like chelsea's playstyle vs barca, anti fun.
Just protesting Chelsea's style here:
Barca maximize their chance by posession and there'll be two ways to destroy their chance:
1) Obtain posession, which turns out to be impossible.
2) Compress area, which Chelsea did.
We are not necessarily playing one of the style, and in fact, what determines victory is the tactics and how well you can deal with tactics. There's no so called right or wrong because every tactic has their own advantage and disadvantage.

Extreme styled tactics needs another extreme styled tactics to deal with, and that is what you can see the in the two matches.

Defense is absolutely an art. Who else can do that? (2010 Inter, and 2012 Chelsea :3)
Vish024

-maJu wrote:

... but I'll support Chelsea I think.
Aw god no.

Anyway more importantly, does everyone think this deserves to be moved to general discussion? I haven't seen many posts in Korean in the past few months and there's a greater variety of people commenting on here now.
-Athena-
I was thinking about doing that
But decided not to just in case I get shot by the less forgiving forum goers,
I'll go ahead and make the thread then, unless you guys wanna move this thread there? @_@

Ok done, also linked to this thread, we should probably leave the Koreans in peace now
bmin11
We attempted before, but the respond was "why the hell would we have a sport thread in a gaming community?" and got shot down. Nice to see that it has changed.
Topic Starter
KRZY
I'd have this in the Korean subforum as long as possible. Don't think too well of people in GD.
+ I still want participation from Korean users (SS_Kanzaki, GGPlay[N], etc.), which is likely going to be cut when this gets moved to GD.
Of course, if any one of you wants to make a football thread in GD, by all means go ahead, but I'd be glad if you kept visiting here on a regular basis too.

Football-wise, missing Terry and Ivanovic might just prove to be a bit too much for Chelsea in the final. Lampard will have to show he's the real leader at Chelsea, alongside Drogba.
OnosakiHito

KRZY wrote:

but I'd be glad if you kept visiting here on a regular basis too.
For sure. If I just would know this earlier...
In german community nearly no one wants to talk about football. lol

Back to topic. ahem
Vish024
We'll definitely visit. I'll probably post here more that in GD anyway.

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure Chelsea will miss Ramires and Meireles in the final too.
bmin11

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Chelsea will miss Ramires and Meireles in the final too.
They certainly are unfortunately :| and we could also be missing Cahill in the worse case. That's our three center defenses missing out.

Fortunately, Bayern is also missing few players. Hopefully we can benefit from that.
wmfchris
Just move Boshingwa into central defender, Ferreria do pretty well with fast wings.
Cashley cole (?) can do the same thing, just put Drogba into left back position lol

The bigger problem for me is the holding midfielders position becoz Essien and Romeu is not reliable now...
bmin11
I'm more worried of the left wing Ramires was playing on tbh lol Are we seriously going to see Malouda? Or Moving Mata to left while having Sturridge in the right wing? I would hate either options considering their recent from.

In second thought, I gotta agree with you that middle field is dangerous too. Actually, we are not going to have a full squad in any position anyway, except for the goalie orz
kriers
Bayern has won 4 out of 8 previous finals, 5 out of 6 finals have been won by the host team (which happens to be Bayern this time). Chelsea is weakened by suspensions.

Just from this, it's clear to me that Bayern are likely to win this final. But hey, statistics are statistics.
Vish024
I hate to say this, particularly because it's in favour of Chelsea but the stats are often inane in football. We've witnessed many teams humiliate favourites despite being against the odds.

Personally, I'll be backing Bayern to clinch the trophy.
wmfchris
A possible line-up
----------C1---------
B17 C24 L4 A3
----E5 M12 L8-----
--M10------K21----
--------D11---------

If L4 could concentrate and keep himself at the back he can clear stuffs pretty well (and this is shown in several matched before)
F19 is also possible becoz he did well on pure-defending job and handles better against fast wings (e.g. Bale)
If E5 can back to 70% of his best status the midfield strength is good enough, the only problem comes from the lack of creativity at the front line. If Chelsea adopt a counter-attach approach, D11 will be favoured especially Bayern's backyard is also weakened.

The willpower and luck determines the most at the final showdown and never underestimate a team > :3
Both Chelsea and BM are the odds in semi-final, but they did well to get it here...
-maJu
I wonder how Bayern will build up their defence, only Lahm is left.
Fabi
I wonder if Chelsea will play as they did with Barcelona, considering BM will have a weakened def, shouldn't be the best option but they still have an agressive mid with fastwinger/front. Will BM still go with 4-5-1?
Expectation until the match.
wmfchris

Fabi wrote:

I wonder if Chelsea will play as they did with Barcelona, considering BM will have a weakened def, shouldn't be the best option but they still have an agressive mid with fastwinger/front. Will BM still go with 4-5-1?
Expectation until the match.
Even the line up is similar they will absolutely need a tactical change.
Barca lack wingers, lack a standard central striker, they are short and have zero aerial power, that allows Chelsea put all their players in the mid-midfield and box area. That would be a toally different story against BM.
Vish024
It'll be the classic Chelsea 10--0-1, Drogba himself assuming the role of a defender.
Yuzeyun
Finals of the French Cup now (13 minutes now when I'm writing this)

http://playtv.fr/television/#france-2/ If you want to watch (Dunno if you can tho) but commentary is in French. US Quevilly vs. Olympique Lyonnais o/
bmin11
YES New Castle just lost to Wigan. Wigan is now our second Liverpool.

Chelsea just signed Marko Marin for 5,500,000 Pound. Hope he will be a great asset for Chelsea next season.
wmfchris
Wigan.... damn astonishing performance
30\\Liverpool 1:2 Wigan
31\\Wigan 2:0 Stokes
32\\Chelsea 2:1 Wigan (offside goals)
33\\Wigan 1:0 ManU
34\\Wigan 2:1 Arsenal
35\\Fulham 2:1 Wigan
36\\Wigan 4:0 Newcastle

Can't believe that it's a team fighting for survival. (And I'm happy with Arsenal draw and Newcastle defeat as we will demolite the stupid QPR tonight)

Marko Matin is a bit thin for me, and he can't do much defensive work on the wing position but it's still a good deal (WB brought him with 8500000 euros)
-maJu
Well, Marko Marin is fast and has some great dribbling skills. I hope he can get some experience at Chelsea and it would be cool if he could assert himself.
wmfchris
omg... Chelsea are rampant.
bmin11
Fernando Torres got a hat-trick looool
Vish024
Marin is slightly fragile, he's gotten himself countless injuries in the past few seasons.

And 6-1, well played.
Topic Starter
KRZY
Liverpool in serious danger of finishing behind Everton.
Yuzeyun
The end of the French Cup was as I expected, Lyon won against US Quevilly, but I'm surprised there was only one goal (by Lyon).

Still, such a small club defeating Marseille and Rennes (both Ligue 1 Orange) and getting to finals is quite surprising. This also happened in 2008 with Carquefou (Didn't make it to the finals, being beaten by Paris SG in quarters).

WTF.
bmin11
Oh god, Liverpool...
bmin11
Oh god, what is this? ;_;
Leader

what the hell is happened.. ._.

Oh, anyway, awesome end of season in Italy: Juventus 78 pt. Milan 77 pt., two match at the end of the season, go Milan! \:D/
Vish024
Haha, saw that. Classic stuff. La Viola in some real shit, I can't believe how they've crumbled into a barely average squad after being Champions League regulars just a few seasons ago.
bmin11
Chelsea lifts the FA Cup!

It was scary to watch Liverpool getting so close to the goal towards to end.
Vish024
Congrats. At least you've qualified for the Europa Lea- hmmmppfff-hahaha *cough* *ahem*.

Seriously though, congrats.
Topic Starter
KRZY

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Congrats. At least you've qualified for the Europa Lea- hmmmppfff-hahaha *cough* *ahem*.

Seriously though, congrats.
mm I'd be worried if I were you now. Real possibilities of not playing Champions League football next season with that draw against Norwich. Love how everything comes down to the Newcastle v. Manchester City match.

My respect to Carroll, he has been fantastic in the latter half of the season. A little short on goals, but the difference with and without him on the Liverpool frontline was clear for anyone to see. I believe the outcome of the final would have been different if Carroll had started.

nerf Drogba
wmfchris
Drogba is still monstorous >~<

and yeah Carroll did really well yesterday and I just wonder why Daglish won't let him to be the starting XI.

Boshingwa is really **** in right wing position, I think even swapping Ivanovic and Boshingwa will be better orz
Vish024
I'm praying for Villa to destroy Sp*rs, we can't slip it up now when it all counts.

And godamn the referee against Norwich. I'm not even going to elaborate on his shambolic decision making.
bmin11
did I mention that this season is the most ridiculous season?

bmin11 wrote:

EPL is nuts.
Oh I did. Good.

The best outcome would be both Tottenham and New Castle drawing at least while we win every games (including Liverpool). Arsenal is not an option for us.
Leader
3-0 after 45'
...is this Liverpool or what?
wmfchris
o______O Just wake up and what the hell is happening with 3-0 down
bmin11
Of course we would totally throw the game away as if we have already won the Champions League final.

Like, lets put Paulo Ferreira, Ryan Bertrand, Michael Essien (not in form), Oriol Romeu, Florent Malouda, Fernando Torres, and Daniel Sturridge. Oh how silly of me. I forgot Ross Turnbull as well, who is our back up goal keeper. Best starting 11 to play against Liverpool.
wmfchris
Romeu and Essien is toally not in form, and they almost covered nothing in front of the box.

And Terry why you always slipped of DDDDDDDDDDD:
show more