forum

General 2010 World Cup Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Galkan

MashaBISEX- wrote:

to be honest ... Netherlands team sux, you base yourself only on the players.
What? :/ Ahhh you're whining 'cause so-PRO Argentina got its ass kicked? Be happy that Howard Webb wasn't referee on that match, that could've been even worse.
second_wave

Galkan92 wrote:

What? :/ Ahhh you're whining 'cause so-PRO Argentina got its ass kicked?
No, I'm talking about reality, people underestimate Uruguay, and South América countrys know Uruguay, and they play very good.

generally, countries that do not have a football culture, can not see the overall quality of each team, and that is why I say that is a little confident.

And what the fuck u talking about?
GladiOol

MashaBISEX- wrote:

to be honest ... Netherlands team sux, you base yourself only on the players.
On who the fuck else? xD
I mean, what you just said doesn't make any sense at all.
'You base yourself only on the players' - that doesn't even have any meaning?

And if we suck, then we wouldn't win from the #1 of the world now would we?
I mean, the central defense guy who played against Brazil only knew 5 min. before kick off he was going to play because of a sudden injury by our best defender Mathijsen.
He filled in perfectly, great mentality dutch footballers have.
They're all eager to win the world cup, because Holland have never ever won any major prices, except the Europe Cup in 1988.
We have no history and yet we always compete as one of the best countries.

Holland desirves this cup more than Uruguay, Spain or Germany.
second_wave
As I can talk about football with people who do not know anything about football?

Holland is more likely that these teams win the cup?

You are told that Holland is the first time it reaches the semifinals in the history of football.

God ... the fault is mine.
nardii
I hope the final will be like '74 but the other way around :D
GladiOol

nardi11011 wrote:

I hope the final will be like '74 but the other way around :D
^

And Masha, not to be an asshole, but I can't understand your english.
'Holland is more likely that these teams win the cup?'
I can't see any question in this part xD
Gabi
The only reason holland won against brazil was because brazils coach is a dumb fuck. He will most likely get fired/swapped if he didn't already.

Holland has a big chance to come to the finals, but i seriously doubt that holland will beat either Germany or Spain (well maybe Spain if they get so bad luck again xD) in the finals. Both teams have incredible strikers and mad defenders.

While Holland have been showing quality, they lack in the defensive area, And i think that will most likley lead to their loss against Germany/Spain.
Mismagius

Gabi wrote:

The only reason holland won against brazil was because brazils coach is a dumb fuck. He will most likely get fired/swapped if he didn't already.
He did like 2 hours ago.
GladiOol

Gabi wrote:

Holland has a big chance to come to the finals, but i seriously doubt that holland will beat either Germany or Spain (well maybe Spain if they get so bad luck again xD) in the finals. Both teams have incredible strikers and mad defenders.

While Holland have been showing quality, they lack in the defensive area, And i think that will most likley lead to their loss against Germany/Spain.
Our defense has been the best on this world cup yet.
They rarely slip a player through and with Van Bommel and De Jong as midfield defenders no oppenent stand a chance.
The combination Heitinga and Mathijsen in the heart of our defense is doing great.
Against Brazil, 5 min. before kick-off Mathijsen got injured and had to swap.
The guy who went in, Ooijer, only had 5 min. preperation time and showed off great skill and did great defending Fabiano.
Our defense is awesome Gabi :D
Germany has some great midfielders who love to shoot from far away, and our goal keeper Stekelenburg will most likely save all those balls.
mekadon_old

Gladi wrote:

Our defense has been the best on this world cup yet.
They rarely slip a player through and with Van Bommel and De Jong as midfield defenders no oppenent stand a chance.
The combination Heitinga and Mathijsen in the heart of our defense is doing great.
Against Brazil, 5 min. before kick-off Mathijsen got injured and had to swap.
The guy who went in, Ooijer, only had 5 min. preperation time and showed off great skill and did great defending Fabiano.
Our defense is awesome Gabi :D
Germany has some great midfielders who love to shoot from far away, and our goal keeper Stekelenburg will most likely save all those balls.
This.
However if Germany fights with Holland in the finals they might do the same thing they did to Argentina :(
Germans also shoot from far away, so Stekelenburg will probably save those balls.
Heitinga's and Mathijensen's are also awesome enough to counter Germany's strikers :D
Yes yes most probably Holland might win AT LEAST 1-0 with Larto Germany
second_wave
Good job Holland.

Anyway, i continue thinking u no chance vs Germany, good luck.
GladiOol
DAT REF +5 MIN >_<

I'm happy though that Van Persie played awesome this match.
Finally! xD
Lesjuh
Holland will show it's true colors against Germany, watch it >:]
karta454515

hybrid579 wrote:

Now there is two South American teams left... :cry:

Come on, Uruguay!

Don't lose to the Netherlands! 8-)
I watched the live 10mins ago(04:38)here in Taiwan

However,I support NL because just same as my father.
He supports NL,too :) :)

GOGO! go for #1 HOLLAND
Giovanni van Bronckhorst,Arjen Robben,Wesley Sneijder
Robben's head hit is so nice <3

I am a Soccer n00b
Remco32
I hope Germany wins tomorrow~
Natteke
NL - GER huh? That's gonna be a tough one
awp
I'm half dutch and probably 1/128 german at best I'll root for Deutch Land by wearing that jersey to work tomorrow if I canna find it
Topic Starter
KRZY
First things first : my hats off to Van Bronckhorst for the best goal of the competition so far.

Sneijder strikes yet again, if he can manage a better-than-average first half of the 10-11 season than perhaps he has a chance at the Ballon d'or?

Holland is getting better and better as a team, and as Gladi said, with Robben and RVP (finally!) performing, Holland just might deserve that World Cup this time.

But then, Germany is freaking unstoppable. Too bad Muller isn't playing against Spain, but 8 goals against England and Argentina...I don't know what to say. Without doubt Germany has been the best team of the tournament by far. Textbook success of team rebuilding + teamgeist (means team spirit in German) has brought Germany far, and they show no signs of stopping. Meister Klose looks like he is going to inflict Ronaldo some damage to his record (inb4 Ronaldo has lost first place in World Cup - All Time Scorer), and Bastian Schweinsteiger will be the Germans' only hope of taking control of the midfield against Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta, Fab, etc.

AND you can't write off Spain completely. Diss them all you want, but the fact remains that Spain only conceded two in the tournament so far (and yes, Germany has only conceded two also while Holland has conceded five). Again, diss them all you want - they've scored 6 compared to Holland's 12 and Germany's 13 - but the fact remains that Spain is a team that can really control the midfield, so Germany will have a hard time finding that crucial first goal. And you have to score to win against Spain, because you can bet your life on the fact that David Villa is going to find your net one way or the other before the 90 minutes are over.

Will post a final preview after the Germany-Spain game, stay tuned if you're interested (/me is thinking of taking up football journalism as a part-time occupation after graduation), and I am confident the remaining three matches are going to be a blast.
Gabi
The octopus has chosen Spain to win the semi finals against Germany. Funny ^_^

this is going to be an awesome match
Niva

Gabi wrote:

The octopus has chosen Spain to win the semi finals against Germany. Funny ^_^
Ahahh, so you see the news about that psychic octopus in Germany too :P
Damn... The kick-off is 02:30 AM Indonesian Time (GMT +7)... I had to sleep earlier than usual
nardii
Seriously if the final is NL- GER it will be the most watched and biggest event EVER here. I don't know how many people here know about the massive cultural impact this will have, but trust me, it will be epic. If it's NL- SPA it'll be "just another game" and I'll be sad :(

UNLESS WE WIN HAHAHHSAHSJH
-Xero-
Final: NL 1 - GER 3
Challenge me 8-)
Dragvon
GO SPAIN GO <3
Gabi
spain wins, so good. PUYOL IS SO FUCKING AWESOME, he is like 10 men alone
GladiOol
Netherlands - Spain.

2 - 1.
Van Persie and Sneijder goal.
and I guess Villa for spain?

In class pool I had guessed NL - Spain also in finals, I had score 2-0 there, so we'll see~
Now I think it'll be 2-1.
Topic Starter
KRZY
Germany played way below my expectations, Spain only slightly better. I wonder if Holland is going to win the WC after all.

Full final preview coming up after I get some sleep, it's 5:20 AM in Korea XD
Natteke
second_wave

Xero_HT wrote:

Final: NL 1 - GER 3
Challenge me 8-)
Fail
-Xero-

MashaBISEX- wrote:

Argentinia
Epic Fail.

=( However, we played bad and yeah, and Spain deserve their win.
Christ... 4-0 and 4-1 and then loose =(
Remco32
Schade Deutschland alles ist vorbei!
Hika
SPAINSPAINSPAIN. :)
Neo Adonis
Let's face it... Netherlands don't have opportunity with Spai... Wait... Did Brazil lose? It was beaten by The Netherlands?!

Well... Then all can happen... Really, using common sense, I think Spain will win, but anything isn't defined yet.
Mismagius

Neo Adonis wrote:

Let's face it... Netherlands don't have opportunity with Spai... Wait... Did Brazil lose? It was beaten by The Netherlands?!

Well... Then all can happen... Really, using common sense, I think Spain will win, but anything isn't defined yet.

I think even Algeria could beat Brazil. Brazil doesn't play good. They play like kids, they want to do beautiful things on soccer but then theylose the ball and... goal.
second_wave

Xero_HT wrote:

MashaBISEX- wrote:

Argentinia
Epic Fail.

=( However, we played bad and yeah, and Spain deserve their win.
Christ... 4-0 and 4-1 and then loose =(
is incredible, however good your team, the games are unique, and anything can happen.
second_wave
my sister lives in Spain, told me that the Spanish are totally arrogant and they are talking badly of the other teams in the world.

The Spanish are arrogant by nature, imagine now that they are in the final.

Gogogogo Holland, win the cup!
Gabi
woah slow down, there is no need to double post.

also, almost everyone is "arrogant" then to you, cause that is how most people cheer for their team.
Mismagius

MashaBISEX- wrote:

my sister lives in Spain, told me that the Spanish are totally arrogant and they are talking badly of the other teams in the world.

The Spanish are arrogant by nature, imagine now that they are in the final.

Gogogogo Holland, win the cup!
This is how Brazilian and Argentinian people are. Face the truth.
second_wave
Ofcourse, here in Argentina people are very arrogant, but the Spanish look at us as if we were "inferior people" or that we have less mental capacity.

They are very bad.
GladiOol
Schade Deutschland
Alles ist vorbei~

Lesjuh
VERDAMFTEN SPANIEN
show more