forum

red switches struggle

posted
Total Posts
show more
Synpoo
I got the exact same keyboard around 2 weeks ago now and my speed, stamina, and accuracy have all vastly improved since the switch.
And yeah, this keyboard does have models with blues/browns in them.
FrzR
Red switches took me around 3 months to get used to it from using laptop. Just stick to whatever you prefer or have and you'll get better from time to time.
Raiden
I recently got a K70 (like 1-2 weeks ago) and I've seen a LOT of improvement over my "old" Blue switch keyboard.

Singletapping is much easier (stamina-wise) and streams are more fluid for me (I've reached to the point I could do one Image Material stream with only a 100 at the end).
[ yogurt ]
Just play blacks like a real man.

Wanna switch keyboards? I'll gladly let you play like a man and take the wuss approach.
dung eater

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Just play blacks like a real man.

Wanna switch keyboards? I'll gladly let you play like a man and take the wuss approach.
blacks are so light, can't imagine how light reds are :c
Naywils
I find red switches to be the best, and im not a fan of blues at all., when I had blues it felt like I was pressing nothing.
based god lil b
i didnt like the feel of blues and browns. reds are probably the best switches ive ever touched.
deletemyaccount

Actuary wrote:

i didnt like the feel of blues and browns. reds are probably the best switches ive ever touched.
Thats exactly how I feel as well; people just don't give reds enough time and dismiss them as being bad because the switch is so *light* compared to other conventional switches.
Mahogany
I play with blacks and I really rely on the feedback of hitting the keys down now, I probably couldn't switch D:
Barusamikosu
I'm feeling the struggle right now. I switched from Blue to Red and my accuracy is suffering. I'm playing better overall but I'm pressing way too early. :cry:
Naywils

Barusamikosu wrote:

I'm feeling the struggle right now. I switched from Blue to Red and my accuracy is suffering. I'm playing better overall but I'm pressing way too early. :cry:
You just have to get used to it, they are pretty light.
Barusamikosu

Naywils wrote:

You just have to get used to it, they are pretty light.
I hope it doesn't take too long. I will just play more™.
Yuudachi-kun
Acc is dumb.
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

Acc is dumb.
But Kelly, as nomod players we need acc to keep up with the DT farmers. 8-)
E m i
you can't
there are no nomod OD9.67 maps, and that's how you get 8 pp for getting rid of one 100 8-)
Barusamikosu
Grats on SS. :D
Yuudachi-kun

Barusamikosu wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Acc is dumb.
But Kelly, as nomod players we need acc to keep up with the DT farmers. 8-)
I am fine.
autoteleology
Wouldn't the most optimal switch, outside of psychological preference, be the one with the shortest key travel distance and the lowest activation resistance? Some might favor a stiffer activation force, but if you were a robot, I would think whatever switches with those criteria would be the best.

PS Cherry isn't the only freakin switch manufacturer
jesse1412

Philosofikal wrote:

Wouldn't the most optimal switch, outside of psychological preference, be the one with the shortest key travel distance and the lowest activation resistance? Some might favor a stiffer activation force, but if you were a robot, I would think whatever switches with those criteria would be the best.

Not exactly. Theoretically higher resistance is better if the player is perfect (can exert unlimited force with no problems). Players aren't perfect which is why we have the red/black debate.
E m i
lower resistance = higher force required during finger extension
shorter travel distance = lesser range of extension required

shorter travel distance could also make it easier to consistently estimate when the key activates (accuracy)
cheezstik

Philosofikal wrote:

Technically, looking away from the disadvantages in terms of refresh rate and delay etc, a touchscreen keyboard would be this perfect keyboard; 0 travel distance and actuation force.

But then again, if you were a robot, you could theoretically be the keyboard yourself, and have two wires coming out of your hand connected into a usb port which send the signals for x and z, at the control of your brain.
deletemyaccount

cheezstik wrote:

Technically, looking away from the disadvantages in terms of refresh rate and delay etc, a touchscreen keyboard would be this perfect keyboard; 0 travel distance and actuation force.

But then again, if you were a robot, you could theoretically be the keyboard yourself, and have two wires coming out of your hand connected into a usb port which send the signals for x and z, at the control of your brain.
I know this may be slightly unrelated, but I always had this theory that if someone somehow made an accurate version of that OCZ mind reader thing from like 5 back, they could pontentially have the best aim every because of the sheer nuanced movement. also brain power

video of a dude with a sexy german voiceover using this device:
cheezstik

Philantropist wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

I know this may be slightly unrelated, but I always had this theory that if someone somehow made an accurate version of that OCZ mind reader thing from like 5 back, they could pontentially have the best aim every because of the sheer nuanced movement. also brain power

video of a dude with a sexy german voiceover using this device:
Kinda reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjeyy1bQOY

Imagine the future when they have refined this sort of technology . I wonder if peripherals like this would count as cheating.
ZenithPhantasm

Philosofikal wrote:

Steelseries QS1 QS doesn't stand for quickscope :^)
autoteleology

cheezstik wrote:

Don't forget the lack of proper feedback like you have with a key, though. That's really huge, not being able to rest your fingers on the keys at any point.

Doesn't Razer make custom switches for gaming?
bigfeh
0 travel distance and actuation force is not the perfect keyboard, it's retarded. And as philosofikal said it exists. go buy a touchscreen.
cheezstik

Philosofikal wrote:

Don't forget the lack of proper feedback like you have with a key, though. That's really huge, not being able to rest your fingers on the keys at any point.

Doesn't Razer make custom switches for gaming?
If you were a robot though, what need would you have for proper feedback? Razer's "custom switches" are really just replicas of cherry mx, which may or may not be better than them depending on the preferences of the user. I haven't tried razer switches, but I'd prefer the real thing.

bigfeh wrote:

0 travel distance and actuation force is not the perfect keyboard, it's retarded. And as philosofikal said it exists. go buy a touchscreen.
Yes, obviously a touchscreen would be shit, it's almost like you didn't see this part in his message, dw m8 i highlighted it just 4 u so you dont miss it this time 8-)

Philosofikal wrote:

bigfeh

cheezstik wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Yes, obviously a touchscreen would be shit, it's almost like you didn't see this part in his message, dw m8 i highlighted it just 4 u so you dont miss it this time 8-)

Philosofikal wrote:

jesus I wasn't even referring to this post and I'm agreeing with him

I see you're trying to make a point here but how about you get the story straight first?
cheezstik

bigfeh wrote:

jesus I wasn't even referring to this post and I'm agreeing with him

I see you're trying to make a point here but how about you get the story straight first?
Hmm idk, it looked to me like you were referring to this post here, the only post that talks about 0 actuation force and travel distance being the perfect keyboard, and trying to tell me something I already knew:

cheezstik wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

If you weren't tho, then soz m8, my bad i guess.
bigfeh

cheezstik wrote:

nope, relax

I think we can put our differences behind us.
For science. You monster.
cheezstik

bigfeh wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

nope, relax

I think we can put our differences behind us.
For science. You monster.
nah m8 lets take this 2 multi rite now, u bring ur bois, ill bring mine, ill sho u da real big black mash master, prepare ur anus
Also, sik reference, wud play 3rd game in series/10
Sorun

Lagel wrote:

fuq i just bought a new kb with red switches... i better like them :o
If you haven't got it yet I can tell you you will love them. Blue = Red > Brown
autoteleology

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Steelseries QS1 QS doesn't stand for quickscope :^)
I did some research and the QS actually stands for "I couldn't cut it as a DT farmer so now I just try to be the most toxic member of the community". I heard the shortened key travel can improve your shitposts per minute by as much as 15%.

Also, since there seems to be a bit of confusion about my definition of " If I was a robot", what I mean is that I am thinking of the solution that would physically limit your skill the least, outside of personal psychological barriers. In other words, if you were a perfect player, what solution would give you the highest possible levels of play?
Yuudachi-kun
Zenith needs some ice for that burn.
ZenithPhantasm
i am rager
E m i
ayy
ZenithPhantasm

[ Momiji ] wrote:

ayy
Hi mommy
drum drum
pls