forum

[invalid] osu!coins - Detailed Description

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
show more
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
I agree with you, then we should also have the option to randomize teams too.
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
A new multiplayer game mode called Wager Match :)
Winner
Yes, you're right. Glad I got this figured out without starting a flame-war.
SpiritWolf

Destiny Awaits wrote:

Yes, you're right. Glad I got this figured out without starting a flame-war.
I thought this system would be like, if you play a normal multi you can click on a players portrait and click "Challenge" or "Battle" or something.. Then you put in how much coins you wanna stake, then he gets the notice on his screen that he got challenged, and then he can click n accept or deny, and if he accepts, when the match starts, coins get removed from both's account and then the one who wins in the end gets all the money, for example if you stake 10 coins, and win you earn 10 coins plus your 10 coins back. And if someone leaves and the other dude continues he will automatically win no matter how bad he did, and if both leaves they get their coins back. And you can challenge anyone in the lobby, but if you challenge someone that is a lot higher rank than you, you will get a little warning telling that it's a risky bet. And also you can challenge more than just one person, for example if someone wants to play like 4v2 then the team with 4 can stake 10 each and the team with 2 can also stake 10 each, that means if the team with 2 wins they will win 20 coins each and the team with 4 will win 5 coins each. Hope I didnt make it way to confusing.
[ kenon ]
errr its really a good idea but can u add option to disabled that coins popup , its very annoying when play o!m mode >~<
Kibbleru
i got trolled by peppy
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl

Kibbleru wrote:

Adding to this i believe

the amount of osu coins spent should be proportionate to the length of the map. so like 1 min = 1 coin spent. That defeats the current process already added to the game

also i dislike the idea of getting a coin for map completion, wouldn't that just get rid of the entire point of this system?No not really as it's a way of gaining coins making it equal for everyone (even players that only play Easy diffs) But yet you would get less for playing an easy diffs.

another idea: instead of making us spend osu coins for playing, how bout we only spend osu coins for ranked plays. so we can have like 1 additional mod called unranked mode or practice mode, (which we mappers can test maps in) with the mode enabled, our score will not affect our rank, so even if we do fc something, we wouldn't get any credit for it. In order to gain pp, we must play without this mode, (in other words, spend osu! coins for it).Or you deal with the fact you have to use your coins to play but when a mapper is testing his map that's not ranked no coins are taken or added. Same for unranked maps
Dereku
2 and 4 is good idea. 3 - not.
TheEnderCatz
To me the idea of osu coins is understandable for someone with a high rank but you must think about people who just started and people with a low rank. This update could damage the number of osu players as people could find it so hard to continue or their PC aren't handle the annoying popups :( . Please could you take inconsideration the normal players of osu and i do speak of the majority of players, and most probably find the update incredibly annoying. I know someone who wants to quit osu because they can't play anymore and all of this trouble just for some extra cash :shock: People who like playing osu do become a supporters and this does earn money...so why want more? Also why in this way? Just increase the price of the support rank...That will work ;)

Could you PLEASE remove this update :shock: do it for players or you will lose them fast!
Bara-
Why?
First look at the data please before making a comment (Japanese time)
Also, if you pass a map, you get your coin back
And you can still play with negatives
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Like I said in my post we shouldn't have to pay for coins.
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Also if you don't want to see a coin popping up every 100 combo then add an option to disable it but show how many coins you have at the end of the song. SIMPLE
Obey QuickNote
I Was Actually Thinking About Asking For Such Thing, Like The Currency For Stuff, GREAT POST THOUGH
- Alice -
Are these coins are not just April Fools joke?
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Yes but they shouldn't be though
Chuikuru
i hate this fu**** osu coins cous i hade over 1800 combo and get green screen with coins and msg ''that was 1 fail with coins here is your 100 coins'' and after that i hade failed a map so hade 1938combo.. -.- HADE FUCKING SS and this shit destroyed that all!!!

So pls or take this osu coins away or do a setting so can deactiv this shit
Anime_Loves123

TheEnderCatz wrote:

To me the idea of osu coins is understandable for someone with a high rank but you must think about people who just started and people with a low rank. This update could damage the number of osu players as people could find it so hard to continue or their PC aren't handle the annoying popups :( . Please could you take inconsideration the normal players of osu and i do speak of the majority of players, and most probably find the update incredibly annoying. I know someone who wants to quit osu because they can't play anymore and all of this trouble just for some extra cash :shock: People who like playing osu do become a supporters and this does earn money...so why want more? Also why in this way? Just increase the price of the support rank...That will work ;)

Could you PLEASE remove this update :shock: do it for players or you will lose them fast!
I personally hate this update, its retarded, and made me sad. Osu was one of my most favorite games to play, but now I don't even want to play this. I hate this. Good job at ruining my mood. REMOVE THIS UPDATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Fays
This is my first post on the forums... >.>

So this OSU coin thing... has crippled the functionality of the game as far as I've found. a coin drops when i start a map, again when i click... and the map auto restarts? o.0 what, in the actual... pardon my french... Fouqué.

Not playing OSU till this is either a) removed, or b) made optional that i can turn off... cause dear lord its irritating when something I enjoy for its clean consistency, is given a convoluted mechanic that takes away from it. :\ not thrilled ppy... sorry, but :\
Kibbleru

Chuikuru wrote:

i hate this fu**** osu coins cous i hade over 1800 combo and get green screen with coins and msg ''that was 1 fail with coins here is your 100 coins'' and after that i hade failed a map so hade 1938combo.. -.- HADE FUCKING SS and this shit destroyed that all!!!

So pls or take this osu coins away or do a setting so can deactiv this shit
somebody needs a new toaster

i feel ya twt
Disclude
I just like the idea of having the coins as a "meme" feature. Even if they had no use other than just having them, and it being a feature you could turn on/off, I would love to keep them. I do like the idea of betting on multiplayer matches; but again, only if the coins had no real value. It's a cool silly feature that adds something silly to the game to just mess around with.
Remco
I personally hate this update, its retarded, and made me sad. Osu was one of my most favorite games to play, but now I don't even want to play this. I hate this. Good job at ruining my mood. REMOVE THIS UPDATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
uh you do know that everybody in the high rankings streams and get's donated a lot of money so they can buy pp....
-Kanzaki
good idea about kudosu but the big problem is YOU CAN BUY INFINITE COIN so it means ifnite kudosu? :D
Bara-
Ban all negative repliers plz
-Kanzaki
Coin leaderboard is just bad idea but peppy will have more money because people will try to be first on that and will pay so much $$$
Bara-
Coin scoreboard is a must for AirPeppy
kipi999
Somebody mentioned, that it can be hard for beginners. Osu!coins system could be activated from 100pp or even 200pp and you play "for free" untill you reach this point.
Bara-
They got deleted
#Blamepeppy2015
Flanster
inb4 bring em back
Bara-
I already requested that xD (thread under this one now)
abraker
Idea: Let tournaments cost osu!coins. That way you need to have collected a certain amount of combos for entry. Although players like ABCDullah don't play often. Perhaps this idea can be played with.