forum

[invalid] osu!coins - Detailed Description

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
So basically, what can we do with osu!coins?

Well 1. A new Ranking System. - Basically what this is we all start off with 10 Coins, For each 100 Combo we gain a coin. If we SS a map with full combo we cain 10 extra coins +1 for completing the map. If we S a map 5 coins, if we A a map 4 coins... ectect you get the gist. If we use mods though we could +2 for each mod we have used. So SS with Hidden would be 12 Hidden+DoubleTime would be 14 and so on. This will allow you to gain the coins and see who has the most coins in all of osu. Obviously this would not be the main ranking system but it's just like Charts and Score. This would be fun to have. edit: Also for difficulty terms you could have it so that instead of getting 10 coins at the end of every map that we SS, Easy diff would get 4 Normal - 6 Hard - 8 Insane - 10 Extra - 15, if you don't SS then from Normal - Hard take off 1 coin for ever grade under S from Insane - Extra take off 4 coins for ever grade under S.

2. Perks - You can spend you coins. For example. 5000 coins would be 1 day of supporter perks, like being able to use the osu!Direct service. Allowing this would make people want to play the game more and save up their coins. But risking this would mean moving down in the ranks for the osu!coins.

3. Mappers - If a mapper needs a Kudosu really badly then for example 300 coins could buy a Kudosu. But this links into my second point you could lose ranks buy spending them, but that's for your own risk.

4. Gambling - In multi lobbies you and some friends can wager coins to bet on who will win or if you will win. You can bet a min of 10 and a max of 1000. This would make competition more fun and bring adrenaline levels higher.

I think that this would be so much more fun than the current osu!coins we currently have now.

But what it should not be used for is when you run out of coins you cannot stop playing or this game wouldn't be free to play anymore.
mm201
I have to admit, betting on matches (as in SSB) is a great idea.
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl

mm201 wrote:

But what do you think of the rest of the ideas? Be honest would they be good to add?
brunn08
nice ideas :)
Inuksen
lol
Atelophobia
oh my gosh yes! :) That would be soo fun
- Marco -

mm201 wrote:

^
Bara-

marcostudios wrote:

mm201 wrote:

^
Ruin Lance
yeah it would be pretty cool and all you know but it's april fools ok rip peppy coins
Smilya
I dont like osu!coins D: :( :?

(So hopefully, this is an April fool)
Bara-
Then we don't like you
drum drum

baraatje123 wrote:

Then we don't like you
rude²²²²²²²²²²²²²
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
I don't care if this is an April Fools. THIS SHOULD BE A REAL THING AND SHOULD BE SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR BUT YOU CAN COMPETE WITH AND USE THE SUGGESTIONS I MADE ABOVE
Bara-
But that is more then 9223372036854775807
Bara-
[quote="Thor"]I don't care if this is an April Fools. THIS SHOULD BE A REAL THING AND SHOULD BE SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR BUT YOU CAN COMPETE WITH AND USE THE SUGGESTIONS I MADE ABOVE/quote]
FFTY

Sorry for double post, quoting is hard on phone
Winner
Great idea, but I feel like betting would tear the whole infrastructure of osu! apart. Especially being able to get kudosu! You know what happened with CS:GO betting? Most online matches were getting ddosed and cheesy stuff was going on at the pro-scene. At least there wouldn't be any real life value to osu! coins, which would mean that ddos attacks would be less prevalent than they were in cs:go.

Betting could also give the upper hand of the bet to the pro players, since you can fake a miss (which is very critical in a match) easily and bring your team down, whilst having setup a account network to bet for the enemy team. (Could be countered with a trade-limit, except that there would be a loop-hole with kudosu!)

Overall I love the idea, it brings more life into the game, but betting could bring more toxicity to the "professional" scene. Personally I think the betting aspect should be removed, otherwise perfect system :).

Of course all that I said is most likely simply wrong and you definitely should take it with a grain of salt.

(Besides betting is not "child-friendly" even as a concept, possibility of legal actions if age limit isn't set :roll: )

Disclaimer
My opinion is irrelevant, since coins are most-likely gonna be removed anyways :^)
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
By betting I simply meant wagering coins.
Winner

Thor wrote:

By betting I simply meant wagering coins.
And by wagering you mean? (Asking how it differentiates from my definition of betting) :?
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Gosh I cannot word this right, I mean it simply being a friendly coin placement in the multiplayer system where you loose or gain coins (that effects rank or buying perks) simply to gain coins.
Bara-
Just like SSBB
It's easy and nice
Inb4insta lose so peppy gets his jet earlier
Winner
So what if the drawing rate gets too big? Will you make more coins (For example in a situation of where 90% vote for the red team). Would mean that you would need to give all the people that voted for the red team twice more coins than they put in. Where would the lost coins go? Or did you plan a percentage based betting system? I just want to know exactly what you mean since I have a hard time grasping your idea.
Winner
I see so if it's the same betting system as SSBB has, it would be percentage based. You would still need to make betting random, since there would be loopholes as I mentioned in my first reply on this topic.
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Okay basically, if the Red team wins, and it's a team of 8 the coins which the players of that team put in get it back, + the additional coins the other team put in divided by 8. Simple way to do it.
Winner
Okay now I see, but for this to work out properly, it would need to be randomized. If it wouldn't be randomized it would have the same loophole-problems I mentioned in my first post, right?
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
I agree with you, then we should also have the option to randomize teams too.
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
A new multiplayer game mode called Wager Match :)
Winner
Yes, you're right. Glad I got this figured out without starting a flame-war.
SpiritWolf

Destiny Awaits wrote:

Yes, you're right. Glad I got this figured out without starting a flame-war.
I thought this system would be like, if you play a normal multi you can click on a players portrait and click "Challenge" or "Battle" or something.. Then you put in how much coins you wanna stake, then he gets the notice on his screen that he got challenged, and then he can click n accept or deny, and if he accepts, when the match starts, coins get removed from both's account and then the one who wins in the end gets all the money, for example if you stake 10 coins, and win you earn 10 coins plus your 10 coins back. And if someone leaves and the other dude continues he will automatically win no matter how bad he did, and if both leaves they get their coins back. And you can challenge anyone in the lobby, but if you challenge someone that is a lot higher rank than you, you will get a little warning telling that it's a risky bet. And also you can challenge more than just one person, for example if someone wants to play like 4v2 then the team with 4 can stake 10 each and the team with 2 can also stake 10 each, that means if the team with 2 wins they will win 20 coins each and the team with 4 will win 5 coins each. Hope I didnt make it way to confusing.
[ kenon ]
errr its really a good idea but can u add option to disabled that coins popup , its very annoying when play o!m mode >~<
Kibbleru
i got trolled by peppy
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl

Kibbleru wrote:

Adding to this i believe

the amount of osu coins spent should be proportionate to the length of the map. so like 1 min = 1 coin spent. That defeats the current process already added to the game

also i dislike the idea of getting a coin for map completion, wouldn't that just get rid of the entire point of this system?No not really as it's a way of gaining coins making it equal for everyone (even players that only play Easy diffs) But yet you would get less for playing an easy diffs.

another idea: instead of making us spend osu coins for playing, how bout we only spend osu coins for ranked plays. so we can have like 1 additional mod called unranked mode or practice mode, (which we mappers can test maps in) with the mode enabled, our score will not affect our rank, so even if we do fc something, we wouldn't get any credit for it. In order to gain pp, we must play without this mode, (in other words, spend osu! coins for it).Or you deal with the fact you have to use your coins to play but when a mapper is testing his map that's not ranked no coins are taken or added. Same for unranked maps
Dereku
2 and 4 is good idea. 3 - not.
show more