forum

[resolved] Failed To Submit Score

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Suo
Problem Details:
Ever since a little while ago, some of my scores won't get submitted, but others will. It's seems as if it's random, and it has become a really big problem because some of the songs I beat, I have been playing for hours at a time for PP.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/gUuMJ/1efb9ae965.jpg
As you can see, the score submitted for some random song, but not the one I just beat on OSU!.

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
VeilStar
Score submission seems to be delayed at the moment.
Also a few people have their scores completely fail to submit (with the error pop-up) at #help.

Not much you can do for now. Wait it out and keep an eye on http://stat.ppy.sh/ and https://twitter.com/osustatus

Edit:
Also don't close your client if your scores aren't submitting, as it will automatically try to re-submit scores that failed to submit for about 3 hours.
Furthermore check your profile under 'Historical'. If the play is in there it submitted. Otherwise it didn't (yet).
Topic Starter
Suo
What happens if I already closed my client once? I closed it after I beat the song because sometimes that has worked for me in fixing score submissions
Serren-san
I've done the same thing, closed my client after I saw my scores on the site. The scores are up there.. but the pp and overall score haven't updated. I have a couple of songs trying to upload a score submission but now they're not appearing on the site. Guess I should probably just leave osu running until it's back?
VeilStar

Hyper Speed wrote:

What happens if I already closed my client once? I closed it after I beat the song because sometimes that has worked for me in fixing score submissions
Then the score won't submit.
If restarting the client worked before it means the score was already submitted but the game didn't update it yet.
It will automatically try to re-submit scores that failed to submit for about 3 hours.

Also, check your profile under 'Historical'. If the play is in there it submitted. Otherwise it didn't (yet).
Topic Starter
Suo
The thing is, only that score didn't submit, a score before and after did.
Topic Starter
Suo
Is there a reason to that?
VeilStar

Hyper Speed wrote:

The thing is, only that score didn't submit, a score before and after did.

Hyper Speed wrote:

Is there a reason to that?
Well, there's always a reason for something happening, but I can't really tell.
Usually when a score fails to submit it's due to a connection issue (either at the user's end or a routing issue).
And then sometimes (though rarely) there's a bit of an issue with the server(s).

It can seem very random.
mummie

your not the only one :3
deyv

mummie wrote:

your not the only one :3
LOL
Curse
Same Problem keep your client open or you may lose the score
trebby
Hey, this happened to me too. I'm keeping the ranking page open until hopefully, the score is submitted. It's a shame, because I full comboed a 4.74 star map ;__;
Rick
This was happening to me too after some really good plays! D: But then, I got a twitter notification from osu!status and this appeared. http://prntscr.com/6n0992 Looks like we've just gotta be patient.
MattXod

CuboidBeats wrote:

Hey, this happened to me too. I'm keeping the ranking page open until hopefully, the score is submitted. It's a shame, because I full comboed a 4.74 star map ;__;
Im also keeping my ranking page open, I ended up getting 3 99.5% accuracy plays on a 4.5 star :(
Kohona
Aint nobody got PP for shutingdown OSU
MattXod
osu!status says that the issue is resolved however my score has not submitted

It still says "retrieving online ranking statistics"
Curse
Same, but I think its because the game will only try to submit it like an hour later, then two hours later and so on. So we probably just still need to wait.
deyv
Holy shit, JUST WAIT YOU ROOKIES.
Curse
I am I just cleared him up.
trebby
It's been so long.
Bence
Still waiting for my precious peppy points...
VeilStar
Well, it's been hours since, so if any scores are still unsubmitted by now I'm afraid they're lost and you'll have to play it again.
versacekfc
Same
I don't see why this issue is taking place again
7ambda
I had worse luck than you. The bug that occured this afternoon costed me an S, and possibly a #1 top rank. ;-;

Lach
I don't see what you not passing your top score has to do with not being able to submit scores due to an error either on client or server side.
7ambda

Lach wrote:

I don't see what you not passing your top score has to do with not being able to submit scores due to an error either on client or server side.
The score that I S'd didn't submit during the bug. I had to replay the map again, getting an A this time due to one miss. Since the pp system doesn't calculate score into its formula, I would've gotten more pp since the unsubmitted score had higher accuracy and no misses.
Lach

F1r3tar wrote:

Lach wrote:

The score that I S'd didn't submit during the bug. I had to replay the map again, getting an A this time due to one miss. Since the pp system doesn't calculate score into its formula, I would've gotten more pp since the unsubmitted score had higher accuracy and no misses.
Yeah, I noticed after I posted, and then immediately noticed that it was 6 hours ago and not more recently. For some reason was under the impression that it was the top score that didn't submit, my mistake.
versacekfc
Bottom line is, can someone please fix this because it's clearly not resolved
DahplA
I don't get it. I managed to get a score to submit before, but another score right afterwards fails?

Edit: Is it just PP or the whole score together?
Exemmar
Got the same problem i guess. Just managed to get an FC on one song and almost FC on another. Each of them worth ~70pp so it would boost my rank a lot but all i got was -1 rank for the FC'ed song.
DahplA
Lol just checked their twitter...

But where is our PP?

Edit: After submitting more scores, the PP has updated and my rank and PP are now where they are meant to be. I'd suggest everyone quickly beat a random map to update their scores.