forum

What's harder? HR or DT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cheaptricks
Ok, so like at my level I'm pretty sure DT is the easiest mod, at least compared to Nomod/HR, but at higher levels when you have to play 10.3 and BPM 240-280 I'm not sure whether DT or HR is harder. It's also hard for me to tell as I can't play 10.3. Just wondering what other people think on this.
Vuelo Eluko
DT farming on shitty anime songs and HR farming on DnB maps that are easy to acc are 2 sides of the same coin, but more people prefer the former because 2015 players gottagofast accuracy is for noobs

that said DT is harder imo, and narrill a prominent HR player has said the same thing, but hes slow as a snail so that might be why.
silmarilen
cs6 and above: hr is harder
bpm<150 hr is harder

everything else DT is harder
gregest
it's relative

hr requires more aim and acc
dt requires more speed and....idk
Novalogic
Depends on map. There are maps that can't be DT-ed, but can be HR-ed. There are also maps that can be DT-ed but can't be HR-ed. If circles are already small - hr will be harder, if bpm is already high - dt will be harder and so on. There isn't ultimate answer to that question.
gregest

Novalogic wrote:

Depends on map. There are maps that can't be DT-ed, but can be HR-ed. There are also maps that can be DT-ed but can't be HR-ed.
Mendes,not even auto can pass it with hr
Yuudachi-kun
HR is harder than DT.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

HR is harder than DT.
because potato?
gregest

Riince wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

HR is harder than DT.
because potato?
because he can't acc hr :^)
7ambda
They're both harder on different maps and different difficulties. Neither is really more challenging than the other.
Genki1000
Don't forget HD is harder on ar<7 and FL is harder on practically everything
pandaBee
No sane person would play FL.

DT is harder for most stuff but I think HR is cooler.
bigfeh
hrdt definitely harder
GhostFrog
DT makes it harder to FC than HR for almost any map that doesn't have really small circles already, assuming reading isn't an issue, but if you're able to FC a map with either, HR will almost always make accuracy harder than DT does.
Synpoo
HR is harder, it even has hard in the name
pandaBee
Isn't the name "Hard Rock" redundant? 8-)
gregest
HR is like super mario and DT is sanic,sanic is harder than mario 8-)
Mahogany

CptBlackBird wrote:

HR is like super mario and DT is sanic,sanic is harder than mario 8-)
Best analogy

I can't play either CS 5.2 disgusts me and I can't singletap fast and accurately
Vuelo Eluko
the CS is fucking easy, so is the AR, the OD is what is killer, i get around +/- 9 ms 110-120 unstable rate with hard rock and thats still rarely above 94% acc, my best is 96% od10. a lot of the time ill fail with an fc because i get a truckload of 100's at a slow part like on leave the lights on near the end.

ill keep practicing it though, and ill get some HR scores up here with my DT shitfest of a top rank list
Mahogany
I could learn AR10 if I bothered to play it but I really hate CS5.2 for some reason

What's weirder is that I can play CS5 but that extra .2 really kills it for me
Vuelo Eluko
i guess i find the circles easy because i made my area so much bigger, my movement margin for error on cs5.2 is about as big as my old area used to be on cs4.
trebby
I suck at HR, I'm TERRIBLE at DT.
bigfeh
Riince the od is just hard for you because your sense of rhythm is broken beyond hope

Drain shouldn't be an issue of you're fcing stuff, and higher cs and ar require greater precision and reading speed
gregest
I want to be a player who plays hr and dt cuz it's kool
Vuelo Eluko
i dont think +/- 9 ms is broken beyond hope, just needs some polishing to get it down to like 6
Yuudachi-kun
-21 - +8

That's me.
Rise_old_1
both.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

-21 - +8

That's me.
you are fucking small time kheld

just try to get worse acc https://osu.ppy.sh/s/73121 i didnt even change offset, just had a bad day.
Yuudachi-kun
The ghost of miss early and fc the rest except for the second to last note hits again.
Vuelo Eluko
see you aint got shit on me
show more