forum

[invalid] Mania Funny Idea. What do you think?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[J]on
Okay!
I'll sort it out for you guys.
"Background of the Idea 8-) "
Alright. I was watching Staiains (a good mania player) stream few days ago and saw that he could play a mode where ½ of the keys where upside down. e.g DFJK is the standard keys of 4key, where DF was upside and JK was downside.

ANYWAY!
This made me think of a new way to play Mania but that would be copying, right? So I thought a bit longer about it. I dont know if someone else have this idea but it popped in my head and just want to share it.

"Jump right to the idea :idea: :idea: "
Okay, what my idea was having this keys rotation while in-game of a map. Dont get it? Heres a more "square" explanation.
Lets say that youre playing a map. A 4keys map, and suddenly it changes to 5key?! How funny and challenging can that be?!

Pros and Cons
"Pros :roll: "
- This could make a very good way to train your "Other-keys-skill!".
- Tons of fun if Co-op or tag-team vs!
"Cons :o :o "
- Pain in the ass to make a map for. Maybe would consume more time to edit if want the map on 4-5-6-7keys etc. :o :o

Reply for more Pros and Cons because I cant really think for more about this, or just how you think about this whole stupid/smart idea.
Thanks for reading my boring idea XD
FrzR
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

nah
- Marco -

Fr33z3R wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

nah
Bara-

marcostudios wrote:

Fr33z3R wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

nah
Ryu Sei

That's a sure "no" from me. A mania chartset keycount is intened as-is and can't be altered mid-game for other reason. Not for fun.
Topic Starter
[J]on
:c How sad. I mind sound hella selfish but I see idea this very fun and maybe a new way to have fun on mania.
lenpai
Because being rude sucks.

No one would actually appreciate this because of the mod being very disorienting. Especially people who have different layouts per mode (e.g. No space for 5k then 7k uses spacebar)

Hard to implement + auto rip if ever it were to be.
DENKOUSEKKA
Sounds like an idea as a fun mod (kinda like Relax and Auto. How they are unranked)
xch00F
this is called split and is a stepmania thing almost primarily
for those that didn't understand what he was talking about, DF are upscroll, KL are downscroll

this "idea" doesn't even need a separate mode, you could easily start out using only 4 columns of an 8k map and slowly progress through the map adding the use of columns
Karuta-_old_1
Okay, what my idea was having this keys rotation while in-game of a map. Dont get it? Heres a more "square" explanation.
Lets say that youre playing a map. A 4keys map, and suddenly it changes to 5key?! How funny and challenging can that be?
Wasn't this the only idea he pointed out?

Playing a 4 key beatmap that changes to a 5,6,7,10 keys is possible but implementing it is out of the question

Imagine a mapper who needs to make the same difficulty with 4,5,6,7 keys

This may sound like an "Innovative" idea on your end but you need to get your facts right

otherwise

Fr33z3R wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

nah
abraker
I've seen ridiculous suggestions (like columns moving left and right randomly) and this comes close.
FrzR

abraker wrote:

I've seen ridiculous suggestions (like columns moving left and right randomly) and this comes close.
This thread is done for. No need to bump. \:D/
Stefan
I see no future in this, honestly.