forum

Single tapping help

posted
Total Posts
show more
cheezstik
Don't button mash then, and if it's too fast, play slower songs. With the picture you attached, your problem might also be reading, try looking and snapping to each circle individually, might help out a lot.
Topic Starter
Meli

cheezstik wrote:

Don't button mash then, and if it's too fast, play slower songs. With the picture you attached, your problem might also be reading, try looking and snapping to each circle individually, might help out a lot.
i dont think its my reading but i just cant tap that fast.
deletemyaccount
Contrary to popular belief, the only way to get faster at single tapping is practice.

There is some technique involved, like if you use your wrist or fingers to single tap but ultimately you need to challenge yourself with higher-than-comfortable bpms for singletapping.

For me personally, using mechanical keys also helped.
bigfeh
Tapping is all about preference. Some people prefer the wrist, some people (my case) use only the fingers, some use both. Try them out and see which you prefer, though it's safe to assume the one you're using right now will be your preferred mode, since it was natural for you to pick it up

That said, yes, you gotta practice. That's all there is to it - unlike, say, streaming, there's absolutely no technique to singletapping. It's literally just mashing a single key on a keyboard

And on a side note, you don't need to be playing osu! to practice singletapping. When you're doing nothing just hit something or whatever as if you were single tapping your kb as fast as you can
Almost
Try not tensing your hand unless you really need to do it.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more
Play more
Play more
Fleuret
Button mashing really might be your reading though. I used to make an excuse to myself that insane maps were too fast for me to single tap even though I thought I can read it. Thinking about it now even though I haven't played for 2 years and coming back, my tap speed is the same but I can read maps a lot better than before. Just play some more.
bigfeh
Mashing keys really is due to a shit read you got, most of the time. It's kind of like shooting "in that way" because "I think I kinda saw the guy running over there"
Karuta-_old_1
the first step to overcome this is to not get nervous

and to get not get nervous is to get more used to single tapping

Try playing something slower and try again, you will see some improvement

Having a low unstable rate really helps with fast songs, I swear
E m i

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

fast songs really help with having a low unstable rate, I swear
fixed
bigfeh

[ Momiji ] wrote:

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

fast songs really help with having a low unstable rate, I swear
fixed
Topic Starter
Meli
I guess ill use the advice since i am shit at this game, i'm prob not right about my reading.
Sojana
I suck at this game but looking at your top scores you probably play stuff that's way to difficult for you. Try get at about 95% acc on maps, if u can't get at least an A you probably play stuff that's to hard or just messed up somewhere badly. I single tap everything except streams or at least try to, for sliders I double tap often because it feels easier to execute, depends on your own gameplay I guess.
Manysi
Play this: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/282487
Its hard to get the rhytm and know what you are actually doing.
otoed1
If you really have this problem, you could try alternating. However, a lot of people find this counter intuitive. Personally, I see a few maps that seem impossible to single tap, so I will probably learn to alternate myself.
Yuudachi-kun
Singletapping 260 is effort
280 is hard
300 in dadadada fucks my aim after 5 notes.
Elementalia is impossible and tells me to learn to alternate.
bigfeh

otoed1 wrote:

If you really have this problem, you could try alternating. However, a lot of people find this counter intuitive. Personally, I see a few maps that seem impossible to single tap, so I will probably learn to alternate myself.
At the risk of sounding like some cliche fuck, nothing is impossible

on another note, I recommend against alternating because it hurts your speed
Charm

Kheldragar wrote:

Singletapping 260 is effort
280 is hard
300 in dadadada fucks my aim after 5 notes.
Elementalia is impossible and tells me to learn to alternate.

dadadadadadada jumps is 1/3 notes not 1/4 i believe :p
Bara-
dadadadadadadadadada is indeed 1/3
That means around 240 right?
bigfeh
I don't know the bpm, but you gotta divide the BPM by the notes

for example, 1/4th notes at 200bpm are 200/(1/4) = 200*4 = 800
so there are 800 per minute at 200bpm
ziin

240 jacks. I don't see how you can do this while controlling a mouse, but whatever.
Yuudachi-kun

bigfeh wrote:

Osu is weird so you actually double it for 1/4 notes.

Yeah.
ziin

Kheldragar wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Yeah.
that doesn't make any sense. why would mei be 400? It's 200 BPM.
Karuta-_old_1

Kheldragar wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Yeah.
my head just exploded
bigfeh

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

my head just exploded
you should try programming
ZenithPhantasm
Sup nerds?