1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

GunterGaming wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

I would put the standard for mediocrity at around 2500pp. Anything less than that and you're kind of still new/suck at the game.
I consider 4000+ pp to be good.
GOOD! 4000PP IS GOOD?
NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY THAT'S BULLSH*T
IF YOU GO TO THE LEADERBOARDS, YOU'LL NOTICE THAT
A GUY WITH 4000 PP IS RANK #3990 IN THE WORLD
THERE ARE ONLY 3990 PEOPLE ABOVE HIM
AND OVER 1,000,000 BELOW HIM
I WOULD NOT CALL THAT JUST "GOOD"
JUST BECAUSE WE HAVENT PLAYED FOR A YEAR STRAIGHT OR HAVE FANCY EQUIPMENT
DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE BELOW MEDIOCRE.
So you're telling me that because you have not shown te ability to fc 4.5 star maps you're not mediocre or you're trying to say your duct tape mouse is an excuse; okay. Did you know 1pp is rank 1 million! It's above 5 million others so it must be good!
posted
I have around 1300pp but i play mostly 4.5 to 5 star maps:3
posted
You have one fc of a 4.9 song.
posted
top10k is already pretty good
posted
i consider top 50k to be good

but to be REALLY good it's 10k
posted

Kouya- wrote:

Putting all your hard work into ranking up then slowly decaying back to where you were in just 2 months .

Gawd, I suck at this game .
I second that! (Not the last part tho, u still better than me)

Quickslice wrote:

What is considered good or bad for a Osu! player
Also, saying "Osu!" instead of "osu!"
You came to the wrong neighborhood. Peppy will be knocking on your door soon.
posted
I personally think that rank just say nothing about skill. I think it is much much harder to DT AR9 maps or just try to finish hard maps (6-7 stars)
There are alot of players outthere that can not dt ar 9 and are still in below rank 10k. They are just farming pp all the time, naaah thats nothing for me.

Its all about the Challenge c:
posted
Ranks still don't really matter much because it's ultimately still a grind. It's harder for a worse player to net as much PP per play but a #2000 player may as well be "better" than a #1000 one if you compare individual scores.

What I'd consider good is if you're still making solid progress and becoming better as you play. Success is a journey, not a destination.
posted
The skill gap at that level is massive; might want to change it to 12k and 11k.
posted

GunterGaming wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

I would put the standard for mediocrity at around 2500pp. Anything less than that and you're kind of still new/suck at the game.
I consider 4000+ pp to be good.
GOOD! 4000PP IS GOOD?
NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY THAT'S BULLSH*T
IF YOU GO TO THE LEADERBOARDS, YOU'LL NOTICE THAT
A GUY WITH 4000 PP IS RANK #3990 IN THE WORLD
THERE ARE ONLY 3990 PEOPLE ABOVE HIM
AND OVER 1,000,000 BELOW HIM
I WOULD NOT CALL THAT JUST "GOOD"
JUST BECAUSE WE HAVENT PLAYED FOR A YEAR STRAIGHT OR HAVE FANCY EQUIPMENT
DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE BELOW MEDIOCRE.
ooooo someone's bitter

Also what khel said:

Kheldragar wrote:

So you're telling me that because you have not shown te ability to fc 4.5 star maps you're not mediocre or you're trying to say your duct tape mouse is an excuse; okay. Did you know 1pp is rank 1 million! It's above 5 million others so it must be good!
This, minus the irony, is the truth itself in form of words

I've seen it in other games too, and there's a huge gap between someone who's good and the rest. And then there's like a 10-fold bigger gap between the good and the very good
posted
That might be the general consensus but the example is still perfectly valid.

@kheldragar
posted
If you can play 7 star maps like they're nothing then you're probably good. If you grind that 7 star map and play it like 500 times until you FC it with some crazy mods and get 600pp, it doesn't make you good.
posted

Hezu 2 wrote:

If you can play 7 star maps like they're nothing then you're probably good. If you grind that 7 star map and play it like 500 times until you FC it with some crazy mods and get 600pp, it doesn't make you good.
TIL _index and rrtyui are bad
posted

Hezu 2 wrote:

just so we're clear here: if you can FC 7 star maps with crazy mods, you're not good

you're way past being "good"
posted

Hezu 2 wrote:

Change 7 to 5.
posted
yeah just FCing a 7 star map modless is something thats pretty much limited to people in top 300-400 which is very elite
posted
I usually think of anyone above 45k to be good at this game. Basically by that point you can triple, jump, and stream which are the core mechanics of this game anyway.
posted

benderx wrote:

I usually think of anyone above 45k to be good at this game. Basically by that point you can triple, jump, and stream which are the core mechanics of this game anyway.
I would disagree that, no, you can't. Not even at 10k.
posted
If someone's better than you, they're "good".
If they're worse than you, they're "bad".

In the perspective of a low rank player, and "average" player would seem godlike.
In the perspective of a high rank player, an "average" player would play like shit.
posted
If you have finished a map above 5 stars, you can call yourself above average
show more