forum

Keyboard I can't hit on beat. Mouse I can, why? Tip?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hotshoot911
So I played Osu! to get better with hand eye coordination originally but I feel in love with the game. I want to take it to the next level and I realise I cant play insane difficulty stuff with just my mouse it is too hard to hit both mouse buttons while aiming precisely.

I am trying to play with my Black Widow Mechanical keyboard and it is going well I can hit notes alright but I have such a hard time hitting it on the beat to get 300. I seem to get a crap ton of 100's.

The bar on the bottom I know shows accuracy but I am not sure if more toward the right means hitting too early or hitting it too late. When i am on mouse I am in the middle. When i am on the keyboard you can instantly see it going always towards the right. I seem to hit it on beat even with slow song but it just goes more right.

Is my keyboard delayed? Is something set up wrong? I dont know if I just suck or I have to play a little ahead or a little late or whatever to stay on 300.

Thanks for any replies.
FieryLight
Left is early, right is late.

Your keyboard might be delayed, but that's probably not the problem (though Razer is notorious for having many problems...)
More likely, you just need to get used to it. After all, you are using a different hand to play now. Keep at it or try to become the next Kriers (amazing mouse only player)
pandaBee
You just need to get used to it. You have less than 900 plays.
E m i
listen to the hitsounds, not to the sound of your key bottoming out
Topic Starter
Hotshoot911
Thanks so much everyone for your insight!
bigfeh
Also try watching your replays on half speed, it helps a lot
Topic Starter
Hotshoot911

bigfeh wrote:

Also try watching your replays on half speed, it helps a lot
No I have not but that sounds like a great idea. Thanks!
FrzR
>razer >ohohohoho *slapped

Takes a while to get used to but it's worth it if you want to get better in the game.
Topic Starter
Hotshoot911

Fr33z3R wrote:

>razer >ohohohoho *slapped

Takes a while to get used to but it's worth it if you want to get better in the game.
Yeah I just gotta practice. I kinda wish I started with keyboard but I didnt know anything about that game when I first played. I saw it during a dota 2 pro game and wanted to try it out. Thought it was just mouse until like a month into playing it a lot haha but luckly I can still hold my own on keyboard, just problems with hitting it right on beat I am always a little off.
ZenithPhantasm
I made the mistake of buying Razer. I broke my x keycap *cries*
Topic Starter
Hotshoot911

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Oh do razer keyboards have a track record with breaking from Osu! usage?
cheezstik

Hotshoot911 wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Not that I can think of, but they do have a track record of many other problems, shitty customer service, and their mechanical switches being replicas of cherry mx.

Oooh dem pretty colors tho!!1!
Topic Starter
Hotshoot911

cheezstik wrote:

Hotshoot911 wrote:

Not that I can think of, but they do have a track record of many other problems, shitty customer service, and their mechanical switches being replicas of cherry mx.

Oooh dem pretty colors tho!!1!
Yeah pretty color blue! from a company whose colors are green and black -.- I got it for extremely cheap over 3 years ago. It is holding up to my abuse. Will see if Osu! will make my keyboard its bitch.
bigfeh
Razer is generally shit. Their products aren't guaranteed to be any good (they have decent stuff and they have hardware that is downright awful) and are invariably overpriced
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

Razer is generally shit. Their products aren't guaranteed to be any good (they have decent stuff and they have hardware that is downright awful) and are invariably overpriced
Their only decent hardware atm is their Goliathus mousepads.
NixXSkate

Hotshoot911 wrote:

Yeah pretty color blue! from a company whose colors are green and black -.- I got it for extremely cheap over 3 years ago. It is holding up to my abuse. Will see if Osu! will make my keyboard its bitch.
If it only has blue lights, you probably have one of the older/better ones with actual cherry mx switches.
I used to have a similar one and never had problems with it, personally. It took my abuse pretty well, actually. (The spacebar got a little messed up but that's what generally happens when you abuse a keyboard with costar stabilizers, won't have to worry about it unless you actually pound the keyboard like me.)