forum

nervous tapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
icexpanda
just as the title says, recently ive been developing a nervous tapping while playing osu.
now i need help fixing this since my accuracy is starting to go down a lot, i want to keep it in the 90s but im almost anticipating the notes and tapping ahead of them.

PLEASE HELP ME OSU! COMMUNITY!!!! :(
Vuelo Eluko
stop playing maps too hard for you before you develop even worse reading and mashing habits. or end up like me and have to spend months trying to fix it and end up with fixed acc but still screwed up reading from stuff i did 20k playcounts ago.
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

stop playing maps too hard for you before you develop even worse reading and mashing habits. or end up like me and have to spend months trying to fix it and end up with fixed acc but still screwed up reading from stuff i did 20k playcounts ago.
This and you suck therefore you get nervous. Play more easier maps until you suck less.
E m i
temporarily become an ss player
HaruryuuSan
Take a break for a while
leepdesu

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Raniemi

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Barusamikosu
Stop playing maps way above your level.
Work your way up from the basics.
Enjoy game.
Synpoo
Playing with hidden honestly helped me with accuracy when I was around 50k rank, without it I would hit everything way too early.
Probably not the best (or even a good one) solution but it's one.
trebby
I've had this problem in the past, and honestly, sometimes I still have it.
Just stop playing maps that make you nervous. Play some fun, gimmicky maps or give yourself a challenge.
MiDNiGhT2903
Im also having a similar problem (I think).
I can play other similar maps with good accuracy but when it comes to happily ever after Giga Drill or something like that my accuracy goes down like shit. Is it some offset problem?
trash aim_old
play game until you can read and pass 5 stars with shit accuracy

then play <170bpm 4 stars for 2-3 days going only for acc
suddenly be able to acc everything
Yuudachi-kun

Barusamikosu wrote:

Stop playing maps way above your level.
Work your way up from the basics.
Enjoy game.
I wish I could do one of these.
Mporiyoki

Riince wrote:

Now I don't know which maps to choose to fit this like I mean if you don't play a map where you can challenge yourself then you cant improve but are you saying that there is a risk for trying to improve? I really don't need bad habits
Vuelo Eluko
you can improve without playing stuff you're stumbling and mashing on constantly.
FieryLight

Mporiyoki wrote:

Now I don't know which maps to choose to fit this like I mean if you don't play a map where you can challenge yourself then you cant improve but are you saying that there is a risk for trying to improve? I really don't need bad habits
Rather than taking up every challenge at the same time, take up the challenge of 100% accuracy. Play songs of a difficulty well beneath you but try to SS all of them (even if it means retrying 100 times). This, by the way, is what everyone meant by temporarily becoming a ss player.
ZenithPhantasm
Or follow thelewa's advice and aim for 99%+
Mporiyoki

FieryLight wrote:

Mporiyoki wrote:

Rather than taking up every challenge at the same time, take up the challenge of 100% accuracy. Play songs of a difficulty well beneath you but try to SS all of them (even if it means retrying 100 times). This, by the way, is what everyone meant by temporarily becoming a ss player.
I've been trying that lol but i have like soo many 2-2.5 star maps
Barusamikosu

Mporiyoki wrote:

I've been trying that lol but i have like soo many 2-2.5 star maps
You don't have to play all of them, but you probably should so you can "play more"
keru
99% and calm