community forum

Project Spectrum - I need YOUR help! (Updated 03/23/2014)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Fatal3ty
Not everyone has a Photoshop to open such PSD. I can not do anything with it. So just do it as I have done everything in PNG namely SD and HD. :|
incelost

Agrrox wrote:

I dont understand why make a file that can be only 256x256 large a 800x800 ? Its texture that apears many MANY times on screen and scales down. If you play very fast stream maps your fps may drop. I consider your skins very unique and simplistic focused on reading and performance, but this thing is just ridiculous.
Well, default numbers and hitcircleoverlay-0 are not restricted to these resolutions. I also doubt it will effect performance alot, do you really think osu will load the image each time it appears? That would be inefficent and surely is not the case. (eg, you could replace skin-components and if you dont reload the skin, the old image will still show up for some time).
Topic Starter
autoteleology
Dupe :oops:
Topic Starter
autoteleology

Fatal3ty wrote:

Not everyone has a Photoshop to open such PSD. I can not do anything with it. So just do it as I have done everything in PNG namely SD and HD. :|
I don't understand what you're trying to say here, this doesn't make any sense. Do you understand what a PSD is? What does that have to do with the finished skin object?

Franzium wrote:

Agrrox wrote:

I dont understand why make a file that can be only 256x256 large a 800x800 ? Its texture that apears many MANY times on screen and scales down. If you play very fast stream maps your fps may drop. I consider your skins very unique and simplistic focused on reading and performance, but this thing is just ridiculous.
Well, default numbers and hitcircleoverlay-0 are not restricted to these resolutions. I also doubt it will effect performance alot, do you really think osu will load the image each time it appears? That would be inefficent and surely is not the case. (eg, you could replace skin-components and if you dont reload the skin, the old image will still show up for some time).
Basically figured it worked this way.
incelost
Also, remember this skin is wip, even if his defaults resolution was 1kk x 1kk, its ok :D

Fatal3ty wrote:

After a little conversation I figured out Fatal3ty thought the PSDs were alternative skin-elements, while they are "just" the source-files for the pngs.

Also, whats your goal right now Philosofikal? Do you want to create a version with hitcircleoverlay-0 to avoid stacking numbers right? I dont really understand the problem, sorry :?
Topic Starter
autoteleology
My goal is nothing less than to make the most playable, simple, easy to read skin on osu!. Whatever it takes to get there, I will do.

I've noticed that hitcirclroverlay-0 has an annoying behavior where it fades out instead of disappearing like default-0. Any way to stop this?
incelost

Philosofikal wrote:

I've noticed that hitcirclroverlay-0 has an annoying behavior where it fades out instead of disappearing like default-0. Any way to stop this?
As far as I know, hitcircleoverlay-0 will always fade out. You may try to create a blank hitcircleoverlay-1, I didnt tested this possibility though.
Topic Starter
autoteleology

Franzium wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

As far as I know, hitcircleoverlay-0 will always fade out. You may try to create a blank hitcircleoverlay-1, I didnt tested this possibility though.
This actually causes the overlay to animate.
incelost
My result of ~7 min testing (just to proof its possible having a background and dual-digit-support without sliderend:

However, the fadeout stays. I guess it wont be removed, since it is intended.
Topic Starter
autoteleology
How did you do it?
incelost
Sorry for the very late reply. I was busy raging on kotor2 bugs and barely took a look at the forum.

Philosofikal wrote:

How did you do it?
I created an example and posted it here, while I explained the method used here (method 2).
I Give Up
Skin is my favourite. If only it came in SD so that I could play it :(