forum

Is a graphics tablet worth it for OSU!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haruspex
But a cheap like this one

http://www.pugh.co.uk/Products/wacom/bamboo-one.htm

Will this be compatible with Osu! and will be more comfortable from a mouse?
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
yep
Topic Starter
Haruspex
I forgot to mention that i never used a graphics tablet before :lol:

But now i am thinking about it how i am suppose to hit the circles and the sliders? Can someone please make the effort to explain how it works?

p.s. A silly question. Can i use the touchscreen and the stylus of DS to control OSU!? I am asking this because i think they are some apps that let you control your PC with the DS.

Vic

Haruspex wrote:

But now i am thinking about it how i am suppose to hit the circles and the sliders? Can someone please make the effort to explain how it works?

p.s. A silly question. Can i use the touchscreen and the stylus of DS to control OSU!? I am asking this because i think they are some apps that let you control your PC with the DS.
There are no apps like that. Its impossible. DS have no proper port to connect with anything, until you use Slot 2, but that`s just stupid.

P-Drogan

Haruspex wrote:

You have to know where the cursor is gonna be when using the tablet.
In order to do that, try floating the pen near the tablet and move the pen around.
DO NOT TAP when doing this, unless you're going to hit the circles and the sliders, or tapping, holding and spinning on the spinners
awp
I couldn't control my tablet worth shit when I first got it (year and a half before osu was created maybe?) but after a few hours of it tablet skills see a formidable improvement.

I don't know whether or not I'd get a tablet just for osu! - I originally got my tablet for drawing, osu! was an unplanned bonus. But I vastly prefer playing osu! with a tablet instead of a mouse. Granted I'm more used to it, but if I were to paraphrase, I'd say the tablet is like a more controlled version of the mouse. If you happen to have a projector you can hook up to your machine, then I'd say by all means yes get one. Shine the projector image onto the tablet canvas and it's basically like a touchscreen - the optimal solution.

GuardianHX

Vic wrote:

Haruspex wrote:

There are no apps like that. Its impossible. DS have no proper port to connect with anything, until you use Slot 2, but that`s just stupid.
There ARE applications like that, actually. But they're in the form of homebrew, so you need a Flashcard to use it, plus, you need to make sure your computer can be wirelessy accessed through the form of Wifi.

After all that, the DS only shows what's happening every second or so, so it's not that accurate.
Echo
A 256*192 8-color grayscale png/gif is around 5KB*60=300KB per second seems very possible for local wifi. If the DS can't process it fast enough, even 256*192*60=1920KB per second still seems highly probable.

Anyone want to try making such a program? :P

edit: iirc, ds2key has both mouse and button controls. I wonder if you can use that like a graphics tablet...
ROMaster2
I do want a Tablet for osu, but that's the only reason I want one, so the price just dosen't flow with me.
Loginer
DS2Key works perfectly as a tablet, but forget about getting pics, too. Way too slow. Also, the charger port on the DS Lite is a mini USB port. Wonder if you can actually use it... :/
Topic Starter
Haruspex
I realized that if i use the left ctrl instead of the left mouse click i can play OSU! much better. So i was wondering if i can use a graphics tablet that way, meaning use the pen and the tablet to control the target and the left ctrl to hit the notes, is that possible?
awp
Of course. Tablet pen is just a pressure sensitive mouse, after all?
ROMaster2
If I'm lucky, I might be able to borrow one from my Graphic Arts Teacher, to see how it would be.
TiZ
People who have laptops potentially have mini-tablets, if you catch my drift.[/shamelessplug] :P
The_Osu_old
LOL i played with mouse for a long time and i think i shoul'd buy a Splash Pen Tablet now! :D :D
Icyteru
At least he's not creating a redundant topic... That's a plus.

Also, to answer OP if he ever gets a chance to read this: Getting a graphics tablet for osu! is the equivalent of getting a high quality pot and cooking instant noodles in it.
GoldenWolf
10 days more and you would've unlocked the achievement "5 Years Necro".
Yousoro
I wouldn't say it's worth it for just osu.
I bought a graphics for the sole purpose of drawing digitally and using it as a traditional mouse.
But the decision is ultimately up to you whether or not you should buy a tablet.
I find it easier to spin with a tablet :P
Cassia
I'm thinking about getting myself a tablet to :oops: i just don't know what would be fitting.. my budget isn't that low.. but not that high either.. if anyone could share their experience with their tablet and they recommend it i would appreciate it :)
Zeraph
We have some skilled Necromancers that play osu! jesus christ.