forum

[duplicate] Add a killing object?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Professor Gila
Hello, this is my suggestion. I hope this thread isn't a duplicate one :) (If so, immediately give me a link which directs to the thread and lock this thread)

How about add a killing object? I mean, when we hit the object, you lose some health and cause combo break. But, it will be different "how it works" on different modes. Sounds like more challenging to play. Here are the explanations for each modes (Update: including illustrations (Warning: may kill your bandwidth!)):

osu!standard
When we click the killing object, the health is reduced and cause combo break. The closer with the hit object, the harder the difficulty to finish them the harder to click the hit object (Maybe a spiky silver hit object?)

Description: When the hit object appears, the killing object also appears at the same time. The Approach circle approaches the object as usual, only for hit objects, not for killing objects. When the hit object has been clicked, the killing object disappears.

Taiko
Quite the same as osu!standard but the difference is, by hitting the killing object, you lose some health and cause combo break too (Maybe a silver or gray taiko hit object?)

Description: When the blue and red hit object approaches "hit area (?)", sometimes, the killing object (gray one) approaches the "hit area (?)" faster or slower than any hit objects. To avoid them, do not hit the gray object.

Catch the Beat
Still the same, but only happens when we catch the killing object (Maybe the object will be durian fruit?)

Description: The killing object falls down along with the fruits. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower than the fruit. To avoid them, do not catch them.

osu!mania
Somewhat the same as osu!standard. When we hit the killing key, you lose some health and cause combo break. (Maybe red coloured key?)

Description: Notice the red key. It's clearly different with other keys. The red key approaches along with other keys (Just like mines in stepmania)

And when we use SD mod, you will suddenly fail. But in PF, when we hit the killing object, you must start from the beginning because you hit the wrong object.

I hope i don't lack of details here :( . If you feel so, just ask me a question and i will answer as good as i can. Sorry for my english if you see any wrong grammars :D. Hope everything's clear with those illustrations :)
gregest
Like mines in stepmania?Imo it wouldn't work in std or ctb only in taiko and mania
Bara-
No
It sounds terrible, and it doesn't add rhythm to the map to make it harder
Also, it will be plain terrible for Taiko (as color blond people can't see it) and mania, in which you can skin the color of the notes, thus they might already be red
Not sure for CtB, reminds me of Dodge the Beat
Topic Starter
Professor Gila

CptBlackBird wrote:

Like mines in stepmania?Imo it wouldn't work in std or ctb only in taiko and mania
Yes, but it's quite different. I'll send the illustrations soon to update the thread and hope make them clear
alxnr
This might be nice for unranked single/multi player plays (fun mode), but not for ranked ones.
Topic Starter
Professor Gila
Update: Just look at the first post. I had added illustrations and i hope everything's clear :).

And sorry for a (little) bad illustrations :P.
Bara-
Good illustrations to show how it works
But for taiko it feels really weird (as they have really weird timing then)
For standard it's easily avoidable
For mania, it can be hard to determine whether it's a good one or a bad one, especially if there are SV changes
For CtB this can work, but I play it too little to actually have an opinion about that mode :P
Topic Starter
Professor Gila

baraatje123 wrote:

Good illustrations to show how it works
But for taiko it feels really weird (as they have really weird timing then)
For standard it's easily avoidable
For mania, it can be hard to determine whether it's a good one or a bad one, especially if there are SV changes
For CtB this can work, but I play it too little to actually have an opinion about that mode :P
Taiko: Somehow, but sometimes objects may approaches faster, or slower. Either normal objects, or killing objects

Mania: maybe...

Standard: It will be hard to avoid only if the killing object is close to hit object

CtB: Thank you :)
Arcubin
as i said on our last chat

No...

if it's a mod (diff increaser) i don't mind it... but if... it's applied on all map...
it will be terrible one....

that's the only think i should say...
Flanster
Hoh, a bomberman mod, an extra challenge for sure.
Though why would anyone want to add this kind of killjoy when most players are aiming for a full combo?
Unless it adds a multiplier, it wont be used much.
Luvdic
I think this would work best as a multiplayer only mod, just for fun. And have the objects appear at random every time it is played (and in the same spot for all the players of course). Just make them automatically appear at a spot where its not in the middle of a stream or a stack.
Bara-

Xanandra wrote:

I think this would work best as a multiplayer only mod, just for fun. And have the objects appear at random every time it is played (and in the same spot for all the players of course). Just make them automatically appear at a spot where its not in the middle of a stream or a stack.
Then support t/214297
This mod is called "Mine" under "Special"
So if this is multiplayer only, this is a dupe
Oinari-sama
Not sure what happened here, but it's in the bin: t/7041

Check out the Party Mode (t/214297) or the Battle Mode (t/103353) if you haven't. Since there's another "dodge the object" type mode in developement, I think it's probably best to put this aside for now.
Topic Starter
Professor Gila

Oinari-sama wrote:

Not sure what happened here, but it's in the bin: t/7041

Check out the Party Mode (t/214297) or the Battle Mode (t/103353) if you haven't. Since there's another "dodge the object" type mode in developement, I think it's probably best to put this aside for now.

I don't think those threads describe what i described (the "how it works", especially for taiko, ctb and osu mania mode). On which post that describes so?

Arcubin wrote:

as i said on our last chat

No...

if it's a mod (diff increaser) i don't mind it... but if... it's applied on all map...
it will be terrible one....

that's the only think i should say...
Arcubin, you shouldn't have said that on this forum... Now you just blew up what we had talked

LoliFlan wrote:

Hoh, a bomberman mod, an extra challenge for sure.
Though why would anyone want to add this kind of killjoy when most players are aiming for a full combo?
Unless it adds a multiplier, it wont be used much.

Oh yes, sorry about that. Just want to make a challenge while players are aiming for a full combo.

this feature is not a mod. Instead, it's already set automatically in-game (?) :| . But if you want to set them as mod, then it will add more killing objects than one (not exactly like a hardrock, where it only increase difficulties)
Oinari-sama
Then add your input in one of those linked topics. Help improving existing discussions ;)
Mastivious
This would be an interesting mod.
Oinari-sama
You're bumping the wrong thread. Try one of these: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/214297 or https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/103353