forum

Keri Hilson - I Like

posted
Total Posts
show more
Krfawy
I think *THIS* is enough to ensure. o/
shARPII
After digging a little bit, I think it's fine to keep the movie as source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Like_%2 ... on_song%29
The song has been created for the movie and then, added in a new album release as bonus track.

For me, the source should be the movie/game/album which release the song for the first time so it makes sense here.
Topic Starter
Bathory Witch
I thenk those sliders are good and follow they spacing song and vocal so no change Nozhomi. :o

I watch was move and was nice. :D
Nozhomi
Fine I don't have more to add here.
GL during qualified phase~
IamKwaN
May I ask why L in like isn't capitalized?

There should be another source regarding to current title other than those mentioned above, I guess. Would be appreciated if you could provide it.
Smokeman

Bathory Witch wrote:

"I mean copy-paste only rhythm is fine but placement, is make me worry, you can't just CTRL + C -> Ctrl + V -> Ctrl + h -> Ctrl + j and leave that..." Andrea used it a lot, for example in map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/123174 and it is very good. also no statement in Ranking Criteria that is urankable to copy&pasta so my pattern good because nice to play and work and good rhythms. :-/
something something, dont justify your mapping based on old maps, something something...

Sure it's not unrankeable, but regarding the quality put in ranked maps this past year, you should be able to guess some sort of quality standard (or quality minimum) as an unwritten rule.

If this wasn't the case then i could just start mapping circles only on white ticks and call it an easy dif. Do the same with some circles on the red ticks, call it a normal and i got myself a "rankable" map. I bet this kind of map would be the most boring thing you could play but... 2007 mapping kinda made the same thing right /s ?

and btw pls dont compare copy pasting the EXACT SAME THING MULTIPLE TIMES (4-5 mb?) to fill in the same verse and the chorus, with "copy paste" styles of people like andrea.

This is ridiculous...
Krfawy
Nie wiem kto bardziej z naszego duetu na to zasługuje, ale i tak jedynie w ten sposób mogę skomentować jak bardzo zjechaliśmy z tytułem. :|

Shiirn
When a mapper maps something, there should be an intended experience that they want to provide for the player. This varies wildly depending on the mapper's personal investment into the song, how much they like it, and how much they understand it, but when you get right down to it, every single map from every single mapper has origins based in the thought process of "I want the player to feel like this while playing".

I can safely guess in this case it was "I want the players to fall asleep."

Because repeating the same thing over and over is a very effective lullaby.
IamKwaN
Please give me a response regarding to my post here within the next 24 hours or else I have to temporarily pull this set out of the Qualified session until a valid metadata proof is given by you.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

IamKwaN wrote:

Please give me a response regarding to my post here within the next 24 hours or else I have to temporarily pull this set out of the Qualified session until a valid metadata proof is given by you.
oh boy
IamKwaN
Krfawy told me the mapper would be away from keyboard for a while, so let's wait for the creator to have the metadata fixed (aka change the Title to I Like) before moving it forward. Good luck with requalification.
riffy
In case you need proofs, here you can have one. It's official VEVO YT channel, so it is pretty trustworthy.
IamKwaN
Or this from the movie official website:

o/
Topic Starter
Bathory Witch

Krfawy wrote:

Yes is good comment on I how mistake title L in title here.

ed: Masz zmapować tego Harda szybciej matołku.
Nozhomi
Ok name is fixed, rest was and still fine.

Bub~
Myxo
We talked a bit ingame about general things. Now to get specific:

[Hard]

1. 02:33:850 (1,1) - This is the calmest section of the song and the music is almost silent (there is only a few sounds), so I really don't think these slidershapes fit here. It would be better to go for something simple here, like curved sliders or wave sliders for example.
  2. 03:35:290 - Remove the Normal Finish, please. The music is fading here and there is no sound to support such a strong hitsound here. Same applies for the other diffs.
Yep, that's it already.

As I already said ingame, this map is filled with unique slidershapes one might argue they don't fit the music too well. However I think the concept is fine, especially for a first map, since the map is very simplistic otherwise.
Nozhomi
Ok saw about settings with Despe about Normal. Everything should be fine (again).

Poi~
Myxo
Qualified!
Krfawy
No nareszcie! Jak przyjdziesz do domu to znajdziesz prezent! :D
Topic Starter
Bathory Witch
Dzięki za browary. o/