forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 32: Oibon Jumps

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
18.27%
22.34%
26.90%
17.26%
1 - Hate them!
15.23%
Total votes: 197
Topic Starter
m980
Round 32: Oibon Jumps

Nominated by Zekira. Just very LARGE jumps that span across the whole screen.

Map(s) that use this technique
Taiko no Tatsujin - Kumo Made Todoke [Oni] mapped by Zekira.
Taiko no Tatsujin - Brouken Hiyori [Oni] mapped by Zekira.
Paramore - That's What You Get [Hard] mapped by foulcoon.

~Mapping Technique Nominations~
rust45
I love these kind of jumps, only problems is that under some conditions, they can't be sight read with much ease, but I usually don't have trouble with that.
Lilac

There are some examples where they are abused and some that actually work.

Although there are some which are...in the middle... Which makes mine a 3.
anonymous_old
I really hate the edges of the screen. Especially the corners. My vision isn't that wide.

I really love jumps, though.

So, 4.
NotShinta
5ed.
Ekaru
I prefer the term "Big Jumps" because it says what these are quite clearly.

Anyways, it depends on the time given to do the jump, whether it goes with the music, etc. Since it's dependent on so many things I can't rate it clearly because some usages are fun while others make me want to suspend the mapper's right to map.
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

Anyways, it depends on ... whether it goes with the music, etc. Since it's dependent on so many things I can't rate it clearly because some usages are fun while others make me want to suspend the mapper's right to map.
True for all techniques ^
Rolled
I would say 9/10 times these are used very poorly. I find them to really interrupt the flow of a beatmap. Especially in cases where the general spacing in a beatmap is pretty small, for example 1x spacing. The jump itself would be somewhere along the lines of 10x, which I find to be pretty retarded.

On heavy jumping maps, boten anna for example, it's a bit less awkward. This map is one of the very few maps I can think of off the top of my head that this actually works well.

2. Saved by the al-azif.
CheeseWarlock
2, because people use these horribly. They don't always work, especially when the song (and sometimes even the rest of the map) doesn't have a jumpy feel at all.
Daru
I like jumps. 5.

The few notable ones that I can recall are pretty fun, if not because I get to feel all pro by moving my arm the distance and hitting them. If these are abused, I don't notice it, but the ones I notice really add to the map.

My favorite instance would probably be in Happy Angel [Heavy].
nsane
Any kind of jump automatically gets a 1 from me. I DESPISE, LOATHE, DETEST, and REALLY HATE JUMPS.
theowest
Only good if the whole diff is jumpy. 3
theplayerbeta
I hate the jumps, all the jumps....
I hate........
1/5
YamatoAkira
I'm OK with this if the beatmap's BP is less than 200