forum

How I improved instantly with a simple change!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Short
Ok so I play using a laptop and pen tablet. Normally I don't use an external keyboard, so I've never been more than 10-12 inches away from my screen.

But today, I decided to play osu from my bed with my laptop settled on my desk(approximately 50-60 inches away from me) and I noticed that I was doing much better than usual. My accuracy improved and jumps that once seemed too fast for me were now doable. Then it hit me, it's easier to play osu if you have a larger area of vision!

..oh wow. This story seems kinda stupid now that I've read over it.
Yuudachi-kun
I improved instantly by playing everyday!
Endaris
moving away from your monitor does the same thing as lowering the resolution:
as it takes a smaller part of your vision you can perceive the map with your peripheral vision which becomes important once you play faster maps where you can't focus each single note.
you didn't improve cause it's a hack but because you "changed" a setting that was hindering you
cheezstik

By this threads logic, you could grab one of these 30m / 100ft usb extensions and become cookiezi.
ZenithPhantasm

cheezstik wrote:

By this threads logic, you could grab one of these 30m / 100ft usb extensions and become cookiezi.
Dont forget to stock up on Mntn Dew and Doritos for maximum MLG
sottovoce
Improve at osu! with this single great secret the pros don't want you to know!
Ichi
Actually it is harder to read higher ar like that. So its actually the same. Just learn to play properly from a normal distance. Play everything. In 1 or two days when the first impression is gone you will notice you actually didn´t improve. It was just a refreshing change which made you look at things differently for a while.
Valedict
Koreans Hate Him: American Osu! Player Improves Instantly in Only A Few Days With His Secret Trick So Simple

that's how i saw your title
xasuma
GJ
Rilene

Shorq wrote:

..oh wow. This story seems kinda stupid now that I've read over it.
I feel bad for you.

At least it is kinda logically reasonable.
FrzR
Mountain dew and Doritos, three times a day. One time for maintenance.
Synpoo
I improved the day I put on DT :^)
GoldenWolf
Is this reddit yet
- Marco -
I played 1km away from the screen and the jumps were so short it looks like a Normal diff. Now i'm cookiezi and i will be banned for saying this
Kert
Better change resolution to 1x1pixels and try missing
Vuelo Eluko
good idea, cant miss at that resolution as long as you keep your cursor centered in the pixel
bigfeh

Riince wrote:

good idea, cant miss at that resolution as long as you keep your cursor centered in the pixel

I likes your new avatar
winber1
very good
Vuelo Eluko

bigfeh wrote:

Riince wrote:

I likes your new avatar
im confused why you screenshotted my panel to say that but yeah

ZenithPhantasm

Fr33z3R wrote:

Mountain dew and Doritos, three times a day. One time for maintenance.
Aye
bigfeh

Riince wrote:

im confused why you screenshotted my panel to say that but yeah

because you're a fucking ninja that's why
ZenithPhantasm
Obligatory shitpost
byfar
thanks it worked!
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Obligatory shitpost