forum

Random Thing I noticed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
otoed1
Yesterday I focused on getting high accuracy while I was playing, rather than high combo. I noticed a few things. 1. I generally had better accuracy (this was expected) 2. I didn't get nearly as frustrated as I normally do when I miss notes. 3. I acquired generally higher combos than usual. 4. When getting higher combos I found I wasn't nearly as nervous as I usually get.
Anyone else have similar experiences with anything of this sort?
E m i
"make sure the hitsounds line up with the music and see what happens" can probably have this result - yes, I have experienced this.
bigfeh
congratulations, you discovered that when you try to be good you can. The game is all about accuracy, combos and score are consequences of it

on another note, you should learn to try your best but not give too much of a fuck if you make mistakes
Yuudachi-kun

bigfeh wrote:

congratulations, you discovered that when you try to be good you can. The game is all about combos, accuracy and score are consequences of it
ftfy
ZenithPhantasm
This experience is called muscle memory.
bigfeh

Kheldragar wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

congratulations, you discovered that when you try to be good you can. The game is all about combos, accuracy and score are consequences of it
ftfy
khel, everybody knows you don't go full retard
but you just went full retard
E m i
The game is about clicking circles, minor elements of gameplay are consequences of it.
Topic Starter
otoed1

bigfeh wrote:

congratulations, you discovered that when you try to be good you can.
I try to be good at this game all the time. I simply noticed that caring about accuracy made things easier, instead of caring about combo.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I have none of these "muscles" you speak of. xD
Yuudachi-kun

bigfeh wrote:

You get no reward if you cannot hold a combo. If you can't aim for the circle or press button fast enough, too bad.
bigfeh

Kheldragar wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

You get no reward if you cannot hold a combo. If you can't aim for the circle or press button fast enough, too bad.
I know, but you need to hit the circles in time and accurately first. That's where the accuracy comes in - if you're accurate, you hit a lot of circles. if you hit a lot of circles, you have a lot of swag combos
Yuudachi-kun
There's no accuracy if you can't aim. You need to be able HIT the circles first to get any accuracy at all, so accuracy comes second.
ZenithPhantasm

otoed1 wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I have none of these "muscles" you speak of. xD
DeletedUser_3905941
your accuracy is complete dog shit tho so that's why you're in favor of aim/speed > acc
ZenithPhantasm
Aim>Acc>Speed
Topic Starter
otoed1

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Lift? I think you mean click.
Yuudachi-kun

RedPanda wrote:

your accuracy is complete dog shit tho so that's why you're in favor of aim/speed > acc
It works for me. 8-) You should've seen me when I was at 91%
ZenithPhantasm

otoed1 wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Lift? I think you mean click.
I'll photoshop it when I get home or something
DeletedUser_3905941

Kheldragar wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

It works for me. 8-) You should've seen me when I was at 91%
whatever works for you lol
Barusamikosu
I got a lot better when I started playing for accuracy (I had ~95% in January). Playing this way is good because you'll be able to see your improvement even if you aren't FCing. You'll also learn to be more calm and less stressed, which will actually make it easier for you to FC (and is vital if you're holding 98-100% at the end of a map).