forum

[duplicate] Option To Increase AR/CS on Any Map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
CommAshen
I would like to see an option to increase the AR on any map to a value of my choosing. This would not affect the scoring in any way.

I could see this implemented in one of two ways. Either, on a per map basis you can choose a custom AR value; or, in your options you can have a minimum AR value that you set (so that any map whose AR is below this automatically has its AR bumped up to this value when you play it).

Edit: Same concept for CS. Note increasing CS means smaller circles.
Mao
If you don't care about scores and just want it for practice/fun, you can just change it in the editor.
DT-sama
Learn to read.
Topic Starter
CommAshen

Mao wrote:

If you don't care about scores and just want it for practice/fun, you can just change it in the editor.
Thank you for the suggestion, but I think it would be a nice option for ranked play.
blahpy

CommAshen wrote:

Mao wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think it would be a nice option for ranked play.
AR is an important setting of the map and part of the challenge of the game. If you can't read it then either practice the AR that it's at or edit it and don't have a ranked score.

Or, you could use Hard Rock.
Topic Starter
CommAshen
A map should not be hard to read because it has stupidly low AR, thats just retarded. That's not the point of osu!
blahpy

CommAshen wrote:

A map should not be hard to read because it has stupidly low AR, thats just retarded. That's not the point of osu!
Allowing people to arbitrarily modify difficulty settings would invalidate most scores done thus far. And how is reading not a part of osu? It always has been.
Bauxe

CommAshen wrote:

Mao wrote:

Nice joke.

Also t/141204
lenpai

CommAshen wrote:

Mao wrote:

This might good againt people who map AR 9-10 when they shouldn't (high AR on relatively chill songs below 120 BPM or something like that) but there are maps that use proper AR so no.

Just learn to read :P
GhostFrog

CommAshen wrote:

As long as osu! has an aim component, AR reading will be an important part of the game. I'm sorry that you suck too much to even understand that and that you were incapable of using search to find that this thread is a repeat of an open and of duplicate requests, but the option to learn to read (both text and osu! maps) is always available to you and will solve both of these problems so you can stop making bad feature requests. Hope this helps.
Topic Starter
CommAshen
You guys should learn to read before criticizing. Move along...
xasuma
AR by choice has been suggested a few times, and denied every time. FYI
Topic Starter
CommAshen

xasuma wrote:

This is not choice of AR, this is choice to increase AR...
7ambda

CommAshen wrote:

Sounds like you want to make it easier on yourself.
Gumpy
Use HR

CommAshen wrote:

xasuma wrote:

this is choice to increase AR
And your point? you still choose an AR even if it's higher.
Oinari-sama
Topic Starter
CommAshen

Oinari-sama wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/141204
This is not remotely the same thing. Can anyone in this forum read english ffs?

F1r3tar wrote:

CommAshen wrote:

Sounds like you want to make it easier on yourself.
You shouldn't be able to turn off background then, that makes it easier on yourself.
You shouldn't be able to disable storyboard, that makes it easier on yourself.
You shouldn't be able to use a custom skin, that makes it easier on yourself.
You shouldn't be able to set up custom hotkeys, that makes it easier on yourself.

See how absolutely retarded that logic is?
Bara-
Dude
If you want to increase it, since you can't read it, learn to play HR/DT or do it via editor
Also, Oinari linked the proper thread, as changing means 2 things if you talk about values. Decreasing and increasing
You say the 2nd one, the linked thread says both

Also, it DOES change gameplay, in opposition to the things you listed in your post
Topic Starter
CommAshen
Lol what a joke