forum

Full area CTL Intous 480 users

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShounenLink
I want to try using full area but I just can't seem to get the jumps. How do you full area guys do it? Do you keep sensitivity at 1:00x? Is it easier with a smaller window? Any tips?

Granted the answer is always "practice more" of course but what I'd like to know is what did you do to help with the transition?
E m i
full area fullscreen CTL-480 is crazy, people who advertise full area everywhere are playing in windowed or use a H420. Feel free to use something that's manageable (either comfortable from the beginning or barely problematic).
Holding the pen higher and using a three finger grip if you're not doing both already will also extend your reach.
Barusamikosu
I use CTL 480 full area, but my osu is windowed at 1366x768 just like ruruchi 8-)
jasian
Full area with a CTL-480S is way too large. I play full screen cause of Windows 8.1 and a fairly medium sized area for the tablet. Try playing with a smaller area because you need to build muscle memory and having to move your whole arm and wrist will take much longer. It also gets fatiguing very quickly if you play full area too.
pandaBee
http://puu.sh/gHgtk/29a348d026.png
My area, and the active area is relatively large. Full area would be about 4x6 inches. Is this similar to CTL 480?

In any case my area is fairly large and I have to displace my entire wrist in order to hit the notes. i actively shift my pisiform along the tablet while pointing with my fingers for finer, minute movements.
trebby
Full area w/ fullscreen isn't impossible to use, but it takes up so much effort to jump across that you'd lose a lot of speed, so don't go for it. Either quit full area to go fullscreen, or play windowed if you want to keep full area.
B1rd
You can just make the window smaller until it's comfortable.
ZenithPhantasm

B1rd wrote:

You can just make the window smaller until it's comfortable.
Nekolike
i play fullarea fullscreen, its not a big deal, you just have to get used to it

i use this glove
pandaBee

Miori wrote:

i play fullarea fullscreen, its not a big deal, you just have to get used to it

i use this glove
You could just as easily use a sock to serve this purpose.
But it's great to meet another one of my kind. :^)
1920x1080 masterrace.
Yuudachi-kun
You'd have to cut open the sock.
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

You'd have to cut open the sock.
Precisely. It's just a sock so it's far cheaper than buying some gimpy glove.
Bauxe

[ Momiji ] wrote:

full area fullscreen CTL-480 is crazy, people who advertise full area everywhere are playing in windowed or use a H420.
What no, I use 1920x1080 fullscreen and full area on CTL-480.
ZenithPhantasm
I play 550 dpi :^)

Edit: 500
MiDNiGhT2903
Is CTL470 and CTL480 any different?
Im using CTL470 full area 1080p.
deletemyaccount
There are heaps of people who play fullscreen 1920 x 1080 full area ctl 480 in <#1000.

It just feels too big because you aren't used to it.
E m i
not really used to my pen being parallel to the tablet, middle and ring finger's tendons colliding and slipping under each other, as well as it taking a second for me to get from the bottom right to the top left corner.
Raiden
I play with a CTL480 as well with full area and I've managed to do once the Gangsta jumps as well as the Remote Control jumps.
gregest
I use almost-full-area and it's easy when you get used to it and the good part is,fast jumps looks cool with full area 8-)
pandaBee

CptBlackBird wrote:

and the good part is,fast jumps looks cool with full area 8-)
The other cool part is that whenever you're doing fast jumps it feels like you're kung fu fighting.
jasian

pandaBee wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

and the good part is,fast jumps looks cool with full area 8-)
The other cool part is that whenever you're doing fast jumps it feels like you're kung fu fighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0KHCUEHAQ How I imagine full area players.
B1rd
pandaBee

B1rd wrote:

litejason wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0KHCUEHAQ How I imagine full area players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS3zZNE8DwM
Why would you wear a watch while playing osu? Smh.
-JaZe-
I use full area full resolution just fine. It took a while to get used to it, though (about a week to hit opposite corners reasonably well)