Heyo, thanks for that I kiiiind of knew it would be like this >.< but I wanted to try D: and I fixed everything you said here so (tried at least) :>
Cherry Blossom wrote:Hello Keada.
This map is really recent (if i trust the date of the submission), and people didn't really think that this map is ready yet for approval.
The main reason is Quality, the quality needs to be improved to give a better impact and impression. I keep in mind that you're a beginner at mapping (you don't have any ranked maps), so i won't force you to make perfect things.
Patterns lacks of solid structure, some 1/4 sliders are just "thrown away" and there are confusing patterns. Stream's shapes are not really well done, there are weird shapes which can be improved for a smoother motion. Yes, the notion of "flow" still exists for streams.
Your use of custom hitsounds is really weird, you mainly use default hitsounds and suddenly here 03:58:512 - you use some custom hitsounds, for something which could be followed with default hitsounds as well and the other way round. try to make them consistent throughout the map.
- 00:06:592 (2,1) - Here you should increase the distance between these objects, it will be less confusing because of the distance between 00:06:336 (1,2) -
- 00:19:026 (5,6,7) - Due to the stack leniency, they overlap the previous slider, and i don't think it was your intention. There should be more distance between these stacked objects and the previous slider.
- 00:21:194 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as here, it looks unpolished and a little messed up, + the flow is a little bad here because the direction of this slider 00:21:194 (1) - is upward, and the next objects are at the opposite side, and the player might get a 100 here.
- 00:37:821 (3,4) - This can be quickly confusing here, the player expects a 1/4 gap between 00:37:821 (3,4) - because of the slider velocity and the previous patterns. You should unstack these objects.
- 00:50:471 (1,2,3) - This looks really weird to play, because you don't let the player play the whole slider 00:50:471 (1) - and as i said above, he might get a 100 here, try something else like a curved slider instead of this 00:50:471 (1) - . You perfectly did it here 00:56:254 (7) -
- 01:19:748 (1,2) - This looks really unpolished, as i said above. The distance between these sliders is really low and that can be uncomfortable to play, and that can be confusing because of the previous patterns, so, you should increase the distance between these sliders, for a better and smoother motion when playing.
- 01:35:651 - to 01:46:586 - The difficulty difference is clearly noticeable, there are higher jumps and the same density, i mention this because this part is harder than the previous kiai time. That makes this map unbalanced. So, you should nerf the jumps on this part.
- 02:05:742 (5,6,7,8,9) - Improve its shape, you see that it is not perfectly curved, and you should improve its shape because there could be a better and smoother motion.
- 03:02:669 (3,4) - The different number of reverses is not expectable and easily confusing, because this is a fast part and the player expects kick sliders with 2 reverses like 03:03:211 (4) - . Try to avoid reversed slider like this 03:02:669 (3) -
- 03:17:308 (9) - The first 1/4 slider should start here because the first strong beat starts here, not here 03:17:488 - . And it will give a better impression if the first 1/4 slider is here.
- 04:10:079 (1,2,3,4) - The distance between these sliders is too large compared to what we can see on previous patterns with kick sliders like this. This creates a little spike and players can easily get a sliderbreak here because it is a little surprising too. So, there should be less distance between these sliders. Same for 04:16:223 (1,2,3,4,5) -
- 04:20:922 (6,7,8) - this looks a little uncomfortable to play, because there is an angle near to 180° between them, and the distance is not the same. The player should have enough aim to be able to handle them, he can be also helped by the approach rate, but that's not really a reason to say "i won't change because AR is enough fast". I suggest you to make something instead, which looks like a star pattern (but not really a star), like :
- 05:45:861 (4,5,1) - They are misleading, i think that you're supposed to emphasize the strong notes you can hear (and you can follow with a finish hitsound), but they are not well done and they don't show the real impact of the song. There should be more distance between 05:46:042 (5,1) - because they are the most powerful notes you can hear, and that's really weird to see them overlapped when there is a larger spacing for previous objects which follows less powerful notes.
This is not good enough to get approved, things need to be more polished and you need to get more mods from experienced modders or from testplayers.
I really recommend you to work on stream's shapes to make them look nicer and better to play.
Call me back when you feel ready for a recheck later, not now.
And I will work on stream shapes ^^