forum

Demetori - Rigid Paradise ~ Dawn of the Dead

posted
Total Posts
50
show more
Cherry Blossom
Hello Keada.
This map is really recent (if i trust the date of the submission), and people didn't really think that this map is ready yet for approval.
The main reason is Quality, the quality needs to be improved to give a better impact and impression. I keep in mind that you're a beginner at mapping (you don't have any ranked maps), so i won't force you to make perfect things.

Patterns lacks of solid structure, some 1/4 sliders are just "thrown away" and there are confusing patterns. Stream's shapes are not really well done, there are weird shapes which can be improved for a smoother motion. Yes, the notion of "flow" still exists for streams.
Your use of custom hitsounds is really weird, you mainly use default hitsounds and suddenly here 03:58:512 - you use some custom hitsounds, for something which could be followed with default hitsounds as well and the other way round. try to make them consistent throughout the map.


Dawn

  1. 00:06:592 (2,1) - Here you should increase the distance between these objects, it will be less confusing because of the distance between 00:06:336 (1,2) -
  2. 00:19:026 (5,6,7) - Due to the stack leniency, they overlap the previous slider, and i don't think it was your intention. There should be more distance between these stacked objects and the previous slider.
  3. 00:21:194 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as here, it looks unpolished and a little messed up, + the flow is a little bad here because the direction of this slider 00:21:194 (1) - is upward, and the next objects are at the opposite side, and the player might get a 100 here.
  4. 00:37:821 (3,4) - This can be quickly confusing here, the player expects a 1/4 gap between 00:37:821 (3,4) - because of the slider velocity and the previous patterns. You should unstack these objects.
  5. 00:50:471 (1,2,3) - This looks really weird to play, because you don't let the player play the whole slider 00:50:471 (1) - and as i said above, he might get a 100 here, try something else like a curved slider instead of this 00:50:471 (1) - . You perfectly did it here 00:56:254 (7) -
  6. 01:19:748 (1,2) - This looks really unpolished, as i said above. The distance between these sliders is really low and that can be uncomfortable to play, and that can be confusing because of the previous patterns, so, you should increase the distance between these sliders, for a better and smoother motion when playing.
  7. 01:35:651 - to 01:46:586 - The difficulty difference is clearly noticeable, there are higher jumps and the same density, i mention this because this part is harder than the previous kiai time. That makes this map unbalanced. So, you should nerf the jumps on this part.
  8. 02:05:742 (5,6,7,8,9) - Improve its shape, you see that it is not perfectly curved, and you should improve its shape because there could be a better and smoother motion.
  9. 03:02:669 (3,4) - The different number of reverses is not expectable and easily confusing, because this is a fast part and the player expects kick sliders with 2 reverses like 03:03:211 (4) - . Try to avoid reversed slider like this 03:02:669 (3) -
  10. 03:17:308 (9) - The first 1/4 slider should start here because the first strong beat starts here, not here 03:17:488 - . And it will give a better impression if the first 1/4 slider is here.
  11. 04:10:079 (1,2,3,4) - The distance between these sliders is too large compared to what we can see on previous patterns with kick sliders like this. This creates a little spike and players can easily get a sliderbreak here because it is a little surprising too. So, there should be less distance between these sliders. Same for 04:16:223 (1,2,3,4,5) -
  12. 04:20:922 (6,7,8) - this looks a little uncomfortable to play, because there is an angle near to 180° between them, and the distance is not the same. The player should have enough aim to be able to handle them, he can be also helped by the approach rate, but that's not really a reason to say "i won't change because AR is enough fast". I suggest you to make something instead, which looks like a star pattern (but not really a star), like :
  13. 05:45:861 (4,5,1) - They are misleading, i think that you're supposed to emphasize the strong notes you can hear (and you can follow with a finish hitsound), but they are not well done and they don't show the real impact of the song. There should be more distance between 05:46:042 (5,1) - because they are the most powerful notes you can hear, and that's really weird to see them overlapped when there is a larger spacing for previous objects which follows less powerful notes.

This is not good enough to get approved, things need to be more polished and you need to get more mods from experienced modders or from testplayers.
I really recommend you to work on stream's shapes to make them look nicer and better to play.
Call me back when you feel ready for a recheck later, not now.
Topic Starter
Keada

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Hello Keada.
This map is really recent (if i trust the date of the submission), and people didn't really think that this map is ready yet for approval.
The main reason is Quality, the quality needs to be improved to give a better impact and impression. I keep in mind that you're a beginner at mapping (you don't have any ranked maps), so i won't force you to make perfect things.

Patterns lacks of solid structure, some 1/4 sliders are just "thrown away" and there are confusing patterns. Stream's shapes are not really well done, there are weird shapes which can be improved for a smoother motion. Yes, the notion of "flow" still exists for streams.
Your use of custom hitsounds is really weird, you mainly use default hitsounds and suddenly here 03:58:512 - you use some custom hitsounds, for something which could be followed with default hitsounds as well and the other way round. try to make them consistent throughout the map.


Dawn

  1. 00:06:592 (2,1) - Here you should increase the distance between these objects, it will be less confusing because of the distance between 00:06:336 (1,2) -
  2. 00:19:026 (5,6,7) - Due to the stack leniency, they overlap the previous slider, and i don't think it was your intention. There should be more distance between these stacked objects and the previous slider.
  3. 00:21:194 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as here, it looks unpolished and a little messed up, + the flow is a little bad here because the direction of this slider 00:21:194 (1) - is upward, and the next objects are at the opposite side, and the player might get a 100 here.
  4. 00:37:821 (3,4) - This can be quickly confusing here, the player expects a 1/4 gap between 00:37:821 (3,4) - because of the slider velocity and the previous patterns. You should unstack these objects.
  5. 00:50:471 (1,2,3) - This looks really weird to play, because you don't let the player play the whole slider 00:50:471 (1) - and as i said above, he might get a 100 here, try something else like a curved slider instead of this 00:50:471 (1) - . You perfectly did it here 00:56:254 (7) -
  6. 01:19:748 (1,2) - This looks really unpolished, as i said above. The distance between these sliders is really low and that can be uncomfortable to play, and that can be confusing because of the previous patterns, so, you should increase the distance between these sliders, for a better and smoother motion when playing.
  7. 01:35:651 - to 01:46:586 - The difficulty difference is clearly noticeable, there are higher jumps and the same density, i mention this because this part is harder than the previous kiai time. That makes this map unbalanced. So, you should nerf the jumps on this part.
  8. 02:05:742 (5,6,7,8,9) - Improve its shape, you see that it is not perfectly curved, and you should improve its shape because there could be a better and smoother motion.
  9. 03:02:669 (3,4) - The different number of reverses is not expectable and easily confusing, because this is a fast part and the player expects kick sliders with 2 reverses like 03:03:211 (4) - . Try to avoid reversed slider like this 03:02:669 (3) -
  10. 03:17:308 (9) - The first 1/4 slider should start here because the first strong beat starts here, not here 03:17:488 - . And it will give a better impression if the first 1/4 slider is here.
  11. 04:10:079 (1,2,3,4) - The distance between these sliders is too large compared to what we can see on previous patterns with kick sliders like this. This creates a little spike and players can easily get a sliderbreak here because it is a little surprising too. So, there should be less distance between these sliders. Same for 04:16:223 (1,2,3,4,5) -
  12. 04:20:922 (6,7,8) - this looks a little uncomfortable to play, because there is an angle near to 180° between them, and the distance is not the same. The player should have enough aim to be able to handle them, he can be also helped by the approach rate, but that's not really a reason to say "i won't change because AR is enough fast". I suggest you to make something instead, which looks like a star pattern (but not really a star), like :
  13. 05:45:861 (4,5,1) - They are misleading, i think that you're supposed to emphasize the strong notes you can hear (and you can follow with a finish hitsound), but they are not well done and they don't show the real impact of the song. There should be more distance between 05:46:042 (5,1) - because they are the most powerful notes you can hear, and that's really weird to see them overlapped when there is a larger spacing for previous objects which follows less powerful notes.

This is not good enough to get approved, things need to be more polished and you need to get more mods from experienced modders or from testplayers.
I really recommend you to work on stream's shapes to make them look nicer and better to play.
Call me back when you feel ready for a recheck later, not now.
Heyo, thanks for that :D I kiiiind of knew it would be like this >.< but I wanted to try D: and I fixed everything you said here so (tried at least) :>
And I will work on stream shapes ^^
Loughje
Dang, well atleast it was bubbled! That's pretty cool!

It killed my wrists
Nerova Riuz GX
Wow I'm here just after unbubbled
will work for this later
Topic Starter
Keada

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

Wow I'm here just after unbubbled
will work for this later
Hype <3 Im not Home so ;D tyt :>
Nerova Riuz GX

Keada wrote:

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

Wow I'm here just after unbubbled
will work for this later
Hype <3 Im not Home so ;D tyt :>
That's OK, it's about 1:00 A.M. here (GMT+8)
And I can't do anything only with my phone lol
maybe tomorrow
Nerova Riuz GX
Hi, From my queue's mod!
It's a nice song, for approved

Dawn


Well basically your map lacks consistency, because you just mainly focused on streams.
so in my opinion, it should be added some more jump sliders (or other better shapes), and also expand many parts of notes.
also check all NCs and be sure they're all in good standing

  1. 00:06:336 (1,2) - try this two:

  2. 00:11:124 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - compare this two transistions:
  3. 00:13:604 (1) - continue combo, 00:13:965 (4) - NC here
  4. 00:14:959 - a circle here
  5. 00:21:194 (1,2) - more distance
  6. 00:22:279 (8,9) - ^
  7. 00:25:170 (1) - continue combo, 00:25:532 (4) - NC here
  8. 00:46:134 (5,1) - more distance
  9. 00:47:218 (5,1) - ^
  10. 01:19:206 (1,2,3,4) - Well, these doubles are unexpected, because of low consistency. Two way to go: delete them, or add more doubles.
  11. 01:59:959 (7,8,1,2,3,4) - expand them
  12. 02:10:079 (6) - considering NC
  13. 02:33:573 (1) - Don't let the slider ends on 1/4 lines.
  14. 02:33:573 (1) - breaktime?
  15. 03:39:356 (4) - far more
  16. 03:54:175 (1,2) - blanket
  17. 03:55:079 (3) - Why it's not in 1/8?
  18. 05:08:271 - Add a spinner in breaktime?
  19. 05:47:307 (9) - NC

Good Luck!
Topic Starter
Keada

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

Hi, From my queue's mod!
It's a nice song, for approved

Dawn


Well basically your map lacks consistency, because you just mainly focused on streams.
so in my opinion, it should be added some more jump sliders (or other better shapes), and also expand many parts of notes.
also check all NCs and be sure they're all in good standing

  1. 00:06:336 (1,2) - try this two:

  2. 00:11:124 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - compare this two transistions:
  3. 00:13:604 (1) - continue combo, 00:13:965 (4) - NC here
  4. 00:14:959 - a circle here
  5. 00:21:194 (1,2) - more distance
  6. 00:22:279 (8,9) - ^
  7. 00:25:170 (1) - continue combo, 00:25:532 (4) - NC here
  8. 00:46:134 (5,1) - more distance
  9. 00:47:218 (5,1) - ^
  10. 01:19:206 (1,2,3,4) - Well, these doubles are unexpected, because of low consistency. Two way to go: delete them, or add more doubles.
  11. 01:59:959 (7,8,1,2,3,4) - expand them
  12. 02:10:079 (6) - considering NC
  13. 02:33:573 (1) - Don't let the slider ends on 1/4 lines.
  14. 02:33:573 (1) - breaktime?
  15. 03:39:356 (4) - far more
  16. 03:54:175 (1,2) - blanket
  17. 03:55:079 (3) - Why it's not in 1/8?
  18. 05:08:271 - Add a spinner in breaktime?
  19. 05:47:307 (9) - NC

Good Luck!
Thank you for the mod :> I fixed most of it, buuut im gonna keep the doubles :>
rhalp10
Sorry My Queue For STDHas Been Closed I Can't Handle That Mode Anymore .. :(
rhalp10

Sorry My Queue For STDHas Been Closed I Can't Handle That Mode Anymore .. :(
Topic Starter
Keada

rhalp10 wrote:

Sorry My Queue For STDHas Been Closed I Can't Handle That Mode Anymore .. :(
Rip
Feb
hellu.

shittymod incoming. mostly suggestions

General: you might wanna rename the BG to something "better" :p

00:51:916 (4,5) - would recommend to space this like you did here 00:50:471 (1,2) - no?
00:53:362 (6,7) - ^
01:03:844 (1,2,3) - very short spacing between 2 and 3 (you are doing this later on aswell for no real reason)
01:05:290 (3,4,5) - ^
01:09:627 (1,2,3) - I think 2 and 3 are in the slider by a little.
01:45:953 (4) - I am far to bad for this map but this slider could take ppl by surprise who don't know the song.
01:53:453 (1,2,3) - make the slider mirror
02:16:224 (1) - CTRL+G
02:27:790 (6) - ^
02:31:043 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - would wait with the spaced streams until the end.
03:02:127 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - no need to curve them.
03:05:018 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
03:10:802 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
03:42:247 (3) - CTRL+G
04:46:404 (2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3) - decide on a spacing here i don't feel like here is changing anything

You could work on some streampatterns since you use the same ones quite often. I recommend you to look at map
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/697546
some delicious streams. :p
Didn't take a look at the hitsounds since I am bad at it ):

Good Luck <3 would love to see 1 more Demetori Ranked APP !
Topic Starter
Keada

donten wrote:

hellu.

shittymod incoming. mostly suggestions

General: you might wanna rename the BG to something "better" :p

00:51:916 (4,5) - would recommend to space this like you did here 00:50:471 (1,2) - no?
00:53:362 (6,7) - ^
01:03:844 (1,2,3) - very short spacing between 2 and 3 (you are doing this later on aswell for no real reason)
01:05:290 (3,4,5) - ^
01:09:627 (1,2,3) - I think 2 and 3 are in the slider by a little.
01:45:953 (4) - I am far to bad for this map but this slider could take ppl by surprise who don't know the song.
01:53:453 (1,2,3) - make the slider mirror
02:16:224 (1) - CTRL+G
02:27:790 (6) - ^
02:31:043 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - would wait with the spaced streams until the end.
03:02:127 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - no need to curve them.
03:05:018 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
03:10:802 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
03:42:247 (3) - CTRL+G
04:46:404 (2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3) - decide on a spacing here i don't feel like here is changing anything

You could work on some streampatterns since you use the same ones quite often. I recommend you to look at map
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/697546
some delicious streams. :p
Didn't take a look at the hitsounds since I am bad at it ):

Good Luck <3 would love to see 1 more Demetori Ranked APP !
Oh, uhm Im remapping atm, so you can wait for that instead? xD
Edit: or you can mod this? https://osu.ppy.sh/s/314522 :>
Topic Starter
Keada
Okayyyyy~

Remapped diff comes in a week :D



200th post .-.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply