Not sure if I should give more kudosu, but this has helped me quite alot, so Ill do it!
JBHyperion wrote:I've updated my mod post with some thoughts on the map itself in addition to the more general comments I posted previously. Hope you find some of them useful and they're still relevant (:
Here is the thing he said before, if noone noticed:
Keada wrote:Thank you for the mod! Much difference here
JBHyperion wrote:Summoned from the team queue - although I'm not sure how much help I'll be considering my inability to adequately testplay most of this xD I love the song, so I'll give it my all and hopefully some of these points will be helpful to you :3
- Consider adding some more tags to help search the mapset. You can pick any you think are worth including from Touhou, Ten Desires, TH13, Rigid Paradise, Yoshika Miyako, Metal, Instrumental... (: added (Touhou, Ten Desires, Metal and Instumental)
- Iim not sure on this one, but should Touhou be used as a Source if it's not an original work (as is the case here)? I see in some other Demetori songs (for example) it is cited e.g. here, whereas in others it's not, e.g. here - can someone confirm what the rule is here? It is from Touhou, my bad forgetting to put it in >.<
- Combo colours (2) and (4) were quite hard to distinguish for me - maybe increase the contrast between them a bit (but so much that either is too similar to (1). Fixed
- Letterbox during breaks can be disabled, since this map doesn't have a storyboard (unless you are planning to make one?) If you do uncheck this, you can delete the .osb file in the song folder as well. Fixed
- You have two images in the song folder (you should only have one), both of which are 1273x712 - this is unrankable. BG images should be 1024x768 for standard 4:3, or preferably, 1366x768 for widescreen 16:9 resolutions, so you'll need to resize of find a new bg image. I would stick with the current JPG (the PNG is far too bright IMO). Fixed
- You have a custom normal-hitclap hitsound in the song folder, but I can't see anywhere you use it in the song (might have just missed it though, sorry if I did). Also, you use custom soft and drum samplesets, but don't actually have any custom hitsounds. I take it this is something you're still working on? Oh owo apparantly I forgot to put the sampleset >.< Thank you! <3
- 80% volume throughout the song isn't great in my opinion, you lose a lot of the emphasis in he kiai (where volume should be higher) and are slightly overbearing in the few calmer sections such as 02:09:635 to 02:10:269 and 03:52:737 to 03:58:430. I'd use 90% for the former and something like 50-65% for the latter? Try some different options and see what works for you. fixed
Difficulty-Specific Comments:02:34:665 - If you drag your breaks out to the next white tick (or sometimes red tick depending on the BPM and song), it flows nicer during play in my opinion, so you could do this for each of your breaks if you feel it does anything for you. Doesn't do anything for me so
05:24:545 onwards - What's the purpose of all the red timing points at the end of the song here? You don't have a variable BPM or time signature here, and you even have the same volume and hitsound sampleset... Are they to correct offset changes? o_O The purposes is that the metronome change, so yeah
Here's a bunch of general stuff to think about, some more comments about the map itself will be coming very soon - right after I tend to my real life work (which is far less interesting than modding this )
MORE TO COME...