forum

How is the total amount of pp a map is worth decided?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
xBuchi

winber1 wrote:

No.

But here is basically how it works

1. The longer the song, the more pp you get
  2. The higher the OD , the more pp you get
  3. Anything above AR9 or below AR8 gives more pp (I might be slightly wrong about this)
  4. The higher the CS, the more pp you get
  5. The higher the accuracy of your play, the more pp you get
  6. The higher the combo of your play, the more pp you get
  7. PP does not take into account the actual mods, it applies the mod to the map, and recalculates the map based on the new settings it gets from the mod.
  8. Star rating is calculated from OD, CS, Aim (how jumpy the map is), Speed (streams and how fast the map is). The higher the star rating the more pp you get (pretty damn obvious).
  9. Long, fast streams and super jumpy maps usually exponentially increase map's pp gain.
probably missing some stuff, but it's the general gist of it.

Thanks this really helps me out :D

1 thing though, is there some kind of tool to guess how much a song would be worth pp wise or no? it doesn't really matter, just curious
winber1

djice wrote:

1 thing though, is there some kind of tool to guess how much a song would be worth pp wise or no? it doesn't really matter, just curious
Tillerino

Add Tillerino as a friend, then type /np. Then type !with [mods] or !acc [number] to see the pp gain from that map with those mods or accuracy. The bot also recommends maps for you if you type !recommend
Topic Starter
xBuchi

winber1 wrote:

djice wrote:

Tillerino

Add Tillerino as a friend, then type /np. Then type !with [mods] or !acc [number] to see the pp gain from that map with those mods or accuracy. The bot also recommends maps for you if you type !recommend

thanks
xxdeathx
Just to add a few things from my observations,

Accuracy increases pp exponentially (or by some hugely increasing amount) the closer you get to 100%, and higher OD increases that scaling further. You can look at pp awarded to DT plays of different accuracy on the same map depends so heavily on the accuracy, like an SS awards 60% more pp than 96%. This is because DT increases OD a lot.

Also I believe they don't look at accuracy so much as the number of 300s, 100s, 50s, and misses you got compared to the total amount of objects. Misses, no matter where they occur in the combo, are detrimental to the play's pp gain. It would always be better to get several 100s rather than a single miss, anywhere in the map (so the combo is equal), even if several 100s gets lower accuracy. Most of the time we're talking about full combos with no misses, so accuracy and number of 100s can be talked about interchangeably.

Similarly, the system doesn't look at your score at all. Rather it uses your maximum combo in that play and compares it to the highest possible combo of the song. Not sure how the scaling works, but this would mean that other smaller combos you got during the play (if it wasn't a FC) don't matter.

If these previous two things are true, that means all the information about a play needed to determine its pp worth is available on the post-play scoreboard. Your actual replay isn't necessary at all (and that's why replays aren't saved online unless it's like somewhere in the top 50).

I don't think OD and HP drain affect star rating. Star rating is determined by the objects in the map and how physically difficult it is to hit them: how fast and precisely you have to move your cursor (aim), how often you have to click (speed). It's primarily determined by the hardest parts of the map. You can experiment in the editor, making difficulty spikes easier or harder and see what it does to the star rating.

Length of the map isn't its actual length in time but its number of objects. Circles seem to be more important since they can affect accuracy. Apparently Super Nuko World Guy's Extra is popular among pro players who can stream well because it has a lot of streams for its length in time.
B1rd

winber1 wrote:

1. Anything above AR9 or below AR8 gives more pp (I might be slightly wrong about this)
It's below 8 and above 10.33
Vuelo Eluko

winber1 wrote:

No.

3. Anything above AR9 or below AR8 gives more pp (I might be slightly wrong about this)
  7. PP does not take into account the actual mods, it applies the mod to the map, and recalculates the map based on the new settings it gets from the mod.
  8. Star rating is calculated from OD, CS, Aim (how jumpy the map is), Speed (streams and how fast the map is). The higher the star rating the more pp you get (pretty damn obvious).
  9. Long, fast streams and super jumpy maps usually exponentially increase map's pp gain.
incorrect
winber1
I remember an update saying that OD was added as part of star rating now. perhaps i remembered incorrectly.

i guess the blazin is getting to me
DahplA

winber1 wrote:

No.

Wtf, don't you usually just shitpost everywhere...This is like one of few helpful posts I've seen you provide xD
ZenithPhantasm
Winber is capable of intelligent posts when he tries which is basically never.

Also:
S
H
I
T
P
O
S
T
silmarilen

winber1 wrote:

I remember an update saying that OD was added as part of star rating now. perhaps i remembered incorrectly.

nah it wasnt, you must be blazin too much
TheLukay
The longer the map, the more pp.
Nice joke.
- Marco -

DahplA wrote:

winber1 wrote:

No.

Wtf, don't you usually just shitpost everywhere...This is like one of few helpful posts I've seen you provide xD
And he's better than me when I'm posting in technical support ;W;
ZenithPhantasm

winber1 wrote:

420 :)
jesse1412

TheLukay wrote:

The longer the map, the more pp.
Nice joke.
You must be bad at farming pp if you think this is a joke. 1.2k combo is where the pp at.
blahpy

winber1 wrote:

Anything above AR9 or below AR8 gives more pp (I might be slightly wrong about this)
It's anything over 10.3 and below 8 iirc but you got the general idea
Yuudachi-kun

blahpy wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Anything above AR9 or below AR8 gives more pp (I might be slightly wrong about this)
Iirc this doesn't actually include 10.3 or 8.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

blahpy wrote:

Iirc this doesn't actually include 10.3 or 8.

blahpy wrote:

over

blahpy wrote:

below
that's the meaning of these words
winber1

DahplA wrote:

No one asks me for help because i hide in the blaze, but legit if you want mapping help and/or other things, just ask. I give legit response to legit posts. Mainly, I just help people with mapping when they ask.

If you're going to troll pm me, you're going to get shit back. pls no testerino, no spam pls.

and many of my shitposts generally do have a reason in the thread, as in they are a metaphor, worded in ways unappealing to the circle-clicking messengers. though, they are mainly to kill time.
ZenithPhantasm
Your pp is determined by your genes and how much hentai you've watched in the past 24 hours.
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

<= and < can be confusing in English.
blahpy

Kheldragar wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

<= and < can be confusing in English.
Not really, I would have said "8 or less" rather than "less than 8".
Vuelo Eluko
warak reanimate