forum

osu!Mappack Unpacker | Automate Mappack installation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar
osu!Mappack Unpacker v.1(beta)

tl;dr

osu!Mappack Unpacker(or just call it o!mu) is a simple program that automate Mappack installation (zip/rar/osz) which downloaded from osu! mappack mirror (or zip that contains .osz inside and no folder inside) .

Download Link

Download Link Here

Warning!

Warning : Please note when you open this app, if osu! still opened, it will be closed automatically to avoid repeated New Map changes detected warning :D

Also, when extracting process happened, window may seems freezing. don't panic.

Changelog

v.1.4:
  1. Adding camas Registry detection instead by exe path detection (actually exe path detection is the Plan B when registry can't detect osu! location)
  2. Adding -f (force) to tell osu!mappack unpacker to not kill osu! when extracting (useful when you want to play while extracting, but laggy maybe happened. Dev will not take responsible to lag happened by Force commandline Args :) )
  3. Fixing Password Window.
v.1.3:
  1. Fixing cross-volume / partition Moving error
  2. 32bit and 64bit is in one zip
  3. Add 7zip Library exists checking
  4. White Log Text
v.1.2:
  1. Add LoliFlan custom UI
  2. Add 32-bit 7zip binary to 32-bit version (Confirmed work by Edw_YoYo, but still worrying 32-bit won't work well. please report any bugs here)
v.1.1 :
  1. Added Password Input if the Archive are Password Protected
  2. Using SevenZipSharp to enable Password input
  3. Some Error are Handled now
v.1 :
  1. Initial Release
  2. Added Log Copy to clipboard
  3. Basic Feature

Bugs

1. Freezing Window while extracting not important
  2. HORRIBLE UI AAARRGGHHHH Added some Nice UI by LoliFlan
  3. Unconstant ProgressBar Value not important.
  4. Bad English Grammar :D fixed by LoliFlan
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar
Bumping thread. hope anyone find other bugs.
Flanster
Want me to spice up your UI? Can help with the english aswell.
Comet

Faishal Akbar wrote:

Bumping thread. hope anyone find other bugs.
No offence, but do you know what a bump is

A bump is indeed used by someone to get others' attention to a thread, but it's done after a LONG amount of time going unnoticed, one-three weeks at the least
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

LoliFlan wrote:

Want me to spice up your UI? Can help with the english aswell.
thank you :D . you can start by forking this project from my github. and you can modify the UI and the English String there :D https://github.com/mfaishalakbar/osumappackunpacker

cometblazer wrote:

No offence, but do you know what a bump is

A bump is indeed used by someone to get others' attention to a thread, but it's done after a LONG amount of time going unnoticed, one-three weeks at the least
thanks for information :D
Flanster
Sent a pull request, apologies for the commits, I'm a mess when it comes to github managment.

Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

LoliFlan wrote:

Sent a pull request, apologies for the commits, I'm a mess when it comes to github managment.

it's look awesome :333333
edwardyoyo
have been using it on win7 32 bit and works perfectly fine, it does help for big mappack for extracting and moving to the folder one-by-one, this guys deserve some cookies

other problem is about when the harddisk space is not too big and it will be taking a long time with awful amount of ram
last but not least 8.5/10 for scoring, i hope this thing will help osu! comunitty itself :D
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

[ EdW_YoYo ] wrote:

have been using it on win7 32 bit and works perfectly fine, it does help for big mappack for extracting and moving to the folder one-by-one, this guys deserve some cookies

other problem is about when the harddisk space is not too big and it will be taking a long time with awful amount of ram
last but not least 8.5/10 for scoring, i hope this thing will help osu! comunitty itself :D
thanks for 32-bit feedback mz :D . i think i'll push the newest release with LoliFlan skin inside :D
Zaphirox
I was like "Man no mappack unpacker in the forums D: I'll just use NSIS or iExpress then do some good designing"
Until I stumble upon this

on the other hand my avast deepscreen picks it up and close
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

Zaphirox wrote:

I was like "Man no mappack unpacker in the forums D: I'll just use NSIS or iExpress then do some good designing"
Until I stumble upon this

on the other hand my avast deepscreen picks it up and close
hmm. is my mappack unpacker was detected as virus? D:
KinkiN
Fasihal4President

anyways nice one m8
edwardyoyo

Faishal Akbar wrote:

[ EdW_YoYo ] wrote:

thanks for 32-bit feedback mz :D . i think i'll push the newest release with LoliFlan skin inside :D
gonna test this on 62-bit on university pc since there's no one used it.
VB intensifies yet another hype news :)
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar
Never expecting this thread will be featured on osu!weekly #11 :> . thanks for anyone who testing and giving feedback to this application

Original Posted by Yuzuru
Fasihal4President

anyways nice one m8

Thank you ^^

Original Posted by [ EdW_YoYo ]

Original Posted by Faishal Akbar
Original Posted by [ EdW_YoYo ]
gonna test this on 62-bit on university pc since there's no one used it.
VB intensifies yet another hype news :)

>62 bit
serius pak? 'L_' , but okay. go on. test the 64bit and report the bugs if you find one m8 8-)
Flanster
If you need any help from my side, scream :P
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

LoliFlan wrote:

If you need any help from my side, scream :P
okay, btw thanks for your help, LoliFlan. maybe this app wil be very raw and monotone without your VB skinning XD
Mangekyo
Can you please fix the issue that if your osu! folder is located at a different partition than C:// it can't move it to there.

for example if my osu! songs folder is E://osu!/songs but the program extracts all the Beatmaps into Appdata it can't move it from C drive to E drive.
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

Kuro_Usagi wrote:

Can you please fix the issue that if your osu! folder is located at a different partition than C:// it can't move it to there.

for example if my osu! songs folder is E://osu!/songs but the program extracts all the Beatmaps into Appdata it can't move it from C drive to E drive.
hmm. weird. osumappack unpacker use currently running osu! location path (by detecting it's exe location) . and use {osupath}\Songs as destinations . seems you need to run as administrator

osumappackunpacker uses Temp folder in AppData to extract the mappack temporarily, after finished. it wil removed automatically
Mangekyo

Faishal Akbar wrote:

Kuro_Usagi wrote:

hmm. weird. osumappack unpacker use currently running osu! location path (by detecting it's exe location) . and use {osupath}\Songs as destinations . seems you need to run as administrator

osumappackunpacker uses Temp folder in AppData to extract the mappack temporarily, after finished. it wil removed automatically
Yes I know but it doesn't have permission to transfer it to the other a different drive except C:// , running as admin doesn't solve the problem

here is the error message if it helps you:

Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

Kuro_Usagi wrote:

Yes I know but it doesn't have permission to transfer it to the other a different drive except C:// , running as admin doesn't solve the problem

here is the error message if it helps you:

can you copy the osu!mappackunpacker Log and upload it? i'll try to reproduce the error and fix it. ;)

EDIT : Nevermind, found a solution for cross-volume file moving. will push the new update ASAP. (seems my internet still slow for now T-T)

EDIT AGAIN : New Update pushed to Release

[+] Fixing cross-volume / partition Moving error
[+] 32bit and 64bit is on one zip
[+] Add 7zip Library exists checking
[+] White Log Text
Mangekyo
Thanks!
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar
New Builds Available!

What's New ?

Adding camas Registry detection instead by exe path detection (actually exe path detection is the Plan B when registry can't detect osu! location)
Adding -f (force) to tell osu!mappack unpacker to not kill osu! when extracting (useful when you want to play while extracting, but laggy maybe happened. Dev will not take responsible to lag happened by Force commandline Args :) )
Fixing Password Window.

What's still bugging?

o!mu can't detect is archive passworded or corrupted since dev only using SevenZipArchive.Check to check it :(
KuraiSuzume
What can i do about this error
http://puu.sh/joXys/b4167d690d.jpg
Sorry no clue how to post a pic xD
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

KuraiSuzume wrote:

What can i do about this error
http://puu.sh/joXys/b4167d690d.jpg
Sorry no clue how to post a pic xD
probabily 7zip.dll aren't available there. please redownload again. thank you ^^