forum

I need help changing my playstyle.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
naliem
The title says it all. I've been playing for around a year with ring finger + index finger and always singletapped with my ring finger. I realized a few months ago that I can't get past 220bpm singletap with my ring finger, so I decided to switch to my index finger for singletap. With index, I can singletap almost 250bpm, which is my goal these days.

But... if I singletap with my index, my ring finger becomes the most useless shit in my body. It doesn't move, I can't even do 180 triples or short bursts... so I decided to return to the (normal way) index+middle finger. And well, it's so hard to do. I've been playing for a few days and don't know how to return to the same level I was before switching (around 4k).

Well, I will keep playing this way to improve, but I'd appreciate some help or tips of people who has done something similar.

PS: sorry for my horrible english ;_;
Vuelo Eluko
do ring finger exercises
dung eater
go to as low bpm as you need, learn to move fingers one after another with the other finger as the main one

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/185301
Axiaan
All playstyle need to be trained.
I was playing mouse + K1/K2, tablet + M1/M2 (not joke) and now I want to play mouse only. It is very difficult because I can't move and stream at the same moment.
But I know I must have train to do that, and it's the ultime advice for this game : training.
None player comes to Osu! with the gameplay, we're all training a lot to have our skill. ^^

(don't worry for your english, I understand and my english is not better than yours xD)
bigfeh
Your index finger works at 250bpm, and it's your goal so it's good enough for now. But since your ring finger is shit, what you have to do is practice with it - and the best way to do that is singletapping with it.

You don't need to change your playstyle - I wouldn't even recommend it, because you're using one "of the best" playstyles available (Alternating everything will make your speed go to shit, as it'll be limited to your worst finger.). Just mash more keys and click more notes singletapping with your ring finger just as you have been doing

As always, the answer is play more(tm)
Rise_old_1
Just buy a fucking tablet