forum

[Archived] Skinning : Ranking panel numbers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Hello Everyone.

Today, while skinning I have stumbled upon unpleasant problem with ranking panel. Generally is all about it's numbers. All happens on different skin Versions.

Geki/Katu count numbers and combo/accuracy numbers are affected by skin.ini option : scoreoverlap.
This is actually really problematic because while I'm trying to fix space between numbers on score (gameplay) it's broken on ranking panel.
Examples :

Notice that total score is not affected by this.

And here is our second thing : Total score.

Numbers of total score are in some kind of weird fixed position not affected by scoreoverlap nor by number picture sizes.
If you make a number a little larger, it will overlap with others.

Look how 0 on total score is overlapping while on accuracy/combo is fitting well. (Here is picture size taken as it should be).
Also look at number 1 at total score and accuracy in default skin :

This is also noticeable on accuracy during gameplay but it isn't a big deal.

Last thing I wanted to note is about default skin numbers... : They are irregular, it's generally 2-3 pixels off but if I noticed that, other might also. And I don't think something like this should exist in official skin. :/

So conclusion of everything I wrote (aka tl;dr) :

1. Combo/Accuracy/count numbers are affected by score overlap option however they shouldn't be.
2. Total score have it's own fixed size and positions that can cause holes/overlapping in score (it should take picture size into account)
3. Official skin numbers are slightly off and they should be fixed...
VeilStar

MLGnom wrote:

1. Combo/Accuracy/count numbers are affected by score overlap option however they shouldn't be.
They should be as they use the same texture sprites.

MLGnom wrote:

2. Total score have it's own fixed size and positions that can cause holes/overlapping in score (it should take picture size into account)
This should actually be affected by the overlap value instead, as everything else is.

MLGnom wrote:

3. Official skin numbers are slightly off and they should be fixed...
Agreed with this.

Basically I don't really see the issue for number 1. This is absolutely intended and I don't see why you would wan't it to be like this.
When skinning you should control this trough the textures themselves and size numbers/whatever else accordingly.
Whatever the case may be, this is more of a feature request.

(Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean, but imho this is something you should deal with on your end, as a skinner.
And I don't agree with your idea of solving this, as it would cause even more of a mess in general.)