forum

x

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
minikins
x
Sophia
It's really your choice. Generally, if you want to gain ranks, try FCing what you can. If you want to gain skill, try maps that are out of your difficulty range. (Nothing too absurd though.)
E m i
play the game however you want
Vuelo Eluko
i mashed my head against ar9 with nofail for my first 5000 or so plays, then spent the next 10000 trying to fix my mashing habits
fixed my acc but havent fixed my reading occasionally lapsing entirely and missing at random parts regardless of whether they were hard or not.
bigfeh
plz enjoy game
Yuudachi-kun

Dm1321 wrote:

It's really your choice. Generally, if you want to gain ranks, try FCing what you can. If you want to gain skill, try maps that are out of your difficulty range. (Nothing too absurd though.)
The two are not exclusive. I don't get where lots of people get the idea that you can try to FC songs or you can try to improve, but not both.
deletemyaccount
Just keep playing progressively; don't play maps too hard but don't play maps too easy either.

If you can't find maps to play, try using the "recommended difficulty" tab on beatmaps.

Improvement comes naturally as you challenge yourself, but don't develop bad habits while you do.
pola[r]is
you are on the way to becoming great osu!er my young padawan.

fc some songs that challenge you but you know you can fc
and also play harder maps that challenge you that you can't fc
basically do like half and half or something
Sh0keR

bigfeh wrote:

plz enjoy game
^^

Try to enjoy the game instead of focusing where to improve
Synpoo
maintain high accuracy, don't become a masher like i did
Topic Starter
minikins
x
Ziassan
As said before, play the way you enjoy the game.
Personally I can't bear playing maps where I get FC with S in a few tries it's just boring, but I also don't like trying too much the same map. So I prefer playing maps a bit more difficult, not caring if no FC or anything, and I had big progress thanks to that (100 000 to 50 000 in 30 days not caring about pp).
So you see, just play the way you want, improvement will come anyway.
Sophia

Kheldragar wrote:

Dm1321 wrote:

The two are not exclusive. I don't get where lots of people get the idea that you can try to FC songs or you can try to improve, but not both.

Never said it was. There's a reason I said "generally". I'm assuming the maps played out of his skill range are not FC'able by him in that scenario and thus would not give him as many ranks as an FC on something that he can and is at his skill cap.
Of course, I'm not telling him to play 1 star maps to gain ranks and try 7 star maps to raise his skill.
Barusamikosu
Your accuracy is good. Keep it that way.

When playing for PP, stick to maps that you can comfortably get 98-100% on.
When playing for improvement, gradually push yourself outside of your comfort zone (but not too much).

Be careful about using mods (specifically, DT and HR) on harder maps.

Building good accuracy and reading ability will pay off more in the long run than mashing through DT or 5star maps for PP.

Oh, and don't forget to have fun. 8-)
Yuudachi-kun
Alternate route: FC for 95%+.
Kouya-
Rank up, FC things for fun with mods, play in Multiplayer or solo, make some friends, etc.

Literally, just explore and have fun .
Cytoskeleton
Like others have said, really just enjoy the game. Play at your level, then push yourself with harder maps, then wind down with some easier maps and see if you can FC them. If not, move on and have some fun with some multi. Spice it up. Skill will come as long as you're not purposefully staying in one spot.