posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Yarissa

Bauxe wrote:

Oh wow a new guide!

jks read this like 500 times in G&R already
I didn't see anything stickied aside from the improvement tips thread, and this isn't quite the same thing. I had nothing to lose :)
Bauxe

Kaoru wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Oh wow a new guide!

I didn't see anything stickied aside from the improvement tips thread, and this isn't quite the same thing. I had nothing to lose :)
You pretty much start by saying "you should copy my game settings". (threads like this have been posted a lot, and often result in the thread creator receiving abuse. Probably won't happen to you since you are more credible than rank ~80,000 players I suppose, but still)

At the end, you say to not worry about these technical details too much, pretty much saying people should play how they want.

I just don't see the point of this thread.
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

Oh wow a new guide!

Dumii

Bauxe wrote:

Oh wow a new guide!

de_stroyed xddddddd
Topic Starter
Yarissa
Not sure if trolling or not, lol

Suffice it to say I put considerable effort into this, and do sincerely believe that most of these settings (which, believe it or not, are NOT ALL my own since I changed a few of them for the guide) are going to be the best for the crowd I was trying to appeal to. I think I had some insight to offer that other players didn't as well

I'm sorry my 500th beginner's guide didn't seem that special to you, do you want me to add fireworks to it?
Cayman
z
B1rd

How is sitting in rigid position going to make me any better at circle clicking?
Dumii
In all honesty, he actually tried to help out with legitimate advice to prevent RSI too .-.
NinjaNick

B1rd wrote:

How is sitting in rigid position going to make me any better at circle clicking?
It won't, but it'll prevent you from developing serious health problems in the future.
B1rd
I'd like to see a source which shows that I'll develop serious health issues from not having my feet flat on the floor.
Topic Starter
Yarissa
The feet probably won't make too much of a difference, but it's proven that posture helps with your attitude, and osu! is actually a very mental game. If you don't have the right mindset and think you suck, you're gonna suck
nrl

B1rd wrote:

I'd like to see a source which shows that I'll develop serious health issues from not having my feet flat on the floor.
If by "source" you mean an article from a scientific journal I don't think you'll get one unless you find it yourself since they're kinda tough to find, but a simple google search will bring up tons of pages citing the importance of keeping your feet flat. From what I can tell it has to do with pelvic alignment.
Granger
Re: Posture
Well, i shall be damned, for daring to play osu! while lieing on my bed.
Vuelo Eluko

Granger wrote:

Re: Posture
Well, i shall be damned, for daring to play osu! while lieing on my bed.
but u dont play osu! :?
deletemyaccount
Wait, how were you able to use a custom resolution? (or are you using a 16:10 monitor)
Vuelo Eluko
16:10 is the aspect ratio you get when you go widescreen on osu! on a 4:3 monitor
bigfeh

Riince wrote:

16:10 is the aspect ratio you get when you go widescreen on osu! on a 4:3 monitor
How does that even make any sense

4:3 is by definition not widescreen
also you can force almost any resolution on almost any screen
Vuelo Eluko
i mean thats the default widescreen options that osu! gives me for my 4:3 monitor, 16:10
ZenithPhantasm
I think Riince is talking about windowed.
Vuelo Eluko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I think Riince is talking about windowed.
ye
XgenSlayer
This should be stickied.
ToXSiK
Really good tips. I second this should be sticked.
XgenSlayer

Kaoru wrote:

No, they do not work the same.

Again, since windows does not process the raw input data and it goes directly to the game, windows doesn't affect the way the data is handled (minus your usual basic sensitivities, such as the 6/11). After the raw data is handled by windows, any acceleration, and your mouse drivers it is then used/ monitored in the game, causing some slight input delay

I hope that makes a little bit more sense
Sorry for the really late bump, but does this mean that 6/11 mouse sensitivity alone would be more accurate and swift (Less input lag) than using Raw Input? I have a relatively slow computer which can only run osu! at 120 FPS consistently, if that makes any difference with Raw Input.
bigfeh

XgenSlayer wrote:

Kaoru wrote:

No, they do not work the same.

Again, since windows does not process the raw input data and it goes directly to the game, windows doesn't affect the way the data is handled (minus your usual basic sensitivities, such as the 6/11). After the raw data is handled by windows, any acceleration, and your mouse drivers it is then used/ monitored in the game, causing some slight input delay

I hope that makes a little bit more sense
Sorry for the really late bump, but does this mean that 6/11 mouse sensitivity alone would be more accurate and swift (Less input lag) than using Raw Input? I have a relatively slow computer which can only run osu! at 120 FPS consistently, if that makes any difference with Raw Input.
More accurate, yes. Less input lag, no

Your computer doesn't change anything
E m i
using both would give you the desired result regardless of the answer
XgenSlayer
So does that necessarily mean 6/11 windows sensitivity and Raw Input off is better than Raw Input on if I'm a mouse player? Thanks for the replies by the way.
ZenithPhantasm
On because why not?
bigfeh

XgenSlayer wrote:

So does that necessarily mean 6/11 windows sensitivity and Raw Input off is better than Raw Input on if I'm a mouse player? Thanks for the replies by the way.
No, raw input gets straight past any post-processing and is more accurate (few exceptions might apply). use it even if you have Windows sens at 6/11
pandaBee
Thanks for the guide. I will take your advice to heart ;)
I Give Up
Posture is actually really important in this game. It is the difference between getting PP and getting RSI. I have a really high desk and low chair and I find it limits me some times in terms of how long I can play and how well I stream before getting arm pain.

Excellent guide. Kaoru is Legend.
xasuma
Nice post.

G&R is not very welcoming though, don't worry about it. I've tried being helpful as well. Usually doesn't work here .
ZenithPhantasm
Now where's the section that tells you how to cure RSI?
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Now where's the section that tells you how to cure RSI?
play less play less play less
Karuta-_old_1

Kaoru wrote:

Posture
Most important advice