forum

"Mental" issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
Well, i figured that I usually have a hard time FCing 5+ things, but when i feel like the map is not that hard (even if it´s harder than the same maps that are difficult to me for FC) I usually can pull a FC (or come really close to a FC) with <5 tries, even if it´s some really crazy thing (Lagomorphic, Minamichita EVOLVED) (at least for my skill level it is crazy).
The thing is that i have a lot of maps (Artcore Jinja Lunatic, Jet Rocket, Shotgun Senorita, Hoshizora no Ima, Chousai no Kenbo Sengen) that while aren´t even close to the difficulty of the maps i´ve mentioned first, it´s like my mind refuse to FC them, i get heavily nervous even if i´m only holding a shitty combo, it´s like the map overcomes me even before i start it.
I think the issue is mental because i remember that i could pull plays really close to a FC in the first times that i played them, but it´s like i´m mentalized that i can´t FC them in any way or something, idk. I see the map and i think I can FC it easily but when i play i just start sweating and it´s impossible to me.

I don´t know how to solve this (you could say that i´m completely lost about this problem), i´ve tried to mentalize myself that I CAN FC those maps but it´s not as easy as it seems because i´ve done little to no progress in that aspect.
E m i
well, why do those two have to be in line? how hard a map feels, and how hard it is to fc? i don't really think they do, it's normal
Topic Starter
Frc

[ Momiji ] wrote:

well, why do those two have to be in line? how hard a map feels, and how hard it is to fc? i don't really think they do, it's normal

I´m not sure, it bother me that i know I have enough skill to FC easily the map but i can´t because I get stupidly nervous all the song while there are songs that have way harder patterns, streams, etc... And are way easier to FC
_Tyler
Play more, but focus on playing the maps all the way through, opposed to playing for FCs. Worry more about accuracy instead of combo, high accuracy FCs are worth a lot more than a low accuracy ones.
Yuudachi-kun

Sexual Tentacle wrote:

Play more, but focus on playing the maps all the way through, opposed to playing for FCs. Worry more about accuracy instead of combo, high accuracy FCs are worth a lot more than a low accuracy ones.
High acc non fcs are worth less than low acc fcs. I say to worry about combo first, then improve acc later.
leepdesu

Kheldragar wrote:

High acc non fcs are worth less than low acc fcs. I say to worry about combo first, then improve acc later.
Welcome to ppv2.

Oh and to the OP, start by not giving a shit. Try to enjoy the music and even the game.
Bauxe

Kheldragar wrote:

Sexual Tentacle wrote:

Probably the worst advice I have ever read.
Yuudachi-kun
Care to elaborate?
E m i
yes, good advice for pp farming, combo is a necessity and acc is just a bonus, even if huge. it's not really a problem to play easier maps to fc
-JaZe-
I can't speak for Bauxe, but I'd say that if you worry more about combo, you get better aim, which leads you to harder and harder songs. This is fine, but your accuracy never quite catches up to your aim, and you just mash and pray. I see a ton of people with sub 97% acc FCing 5-6 star maps who are likely the product of this.

On the other hand (and this is from my experience), if you care too much about acc, you don't push yourself as much in terms of aim and you get stuck trying to FC songs when you're already getting 99.5%. Personally, I like this more, because osu is a rhythm game, and I feel like I get more into the music when I'm hitting everything at the right time, rather than mashing on harder maps.

As usual, the optimal strategy is probably somewhere in between.
E m i

-JaZe- wrote:

trying to FC songs
or get all your pp from maps you can fc first try like me
-JaZe-

[ Momiji ] wrote:

-JaZe- wrote:

trying to FC songs
or get all your pp from maps you can fc first try like me
My aim is so inconsistent that I wouldn't have any maps left to play :(
E m i
play dt
>"lol fuking dt farmers ar9.67 easiest to read : )"
>tfw high ar makes aim easier
>with a comfortable BPM of around 200, anyone can abuse OD9 even without a good sense of rhythm since the bpm does it for you
-JaZe-

[ Momiji ] wrote:

play dt
>with a comfortable BPM of around 200, anyone can abuse OD9 even without a good sense of rhythm since the bpm does it for you
I just got a new top play, which is DT.

I'm a dirty DT farmer

:(
Vuelo Eluko

[ Momiji ] wrote:

play dt
personally it took me way longer playing ar8dt before i could start setting scores than for ar9 tho
idk maybe its becos of the overreaching
Bauxe

Kheldragar wrote:

Care to elaborate?
You are pretty much saying "gain ranks and then care about your skill".

Truth is, just playing for improvement or whatever (gaining ranks does not mean you are improving), you will naturally gain ranks.
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Care to elaborate?

Truth is, just playing for improvement or whatever (gaining ranks does not mean you are improving), you will naturally gain ranks.
This

@ OP just play more harder stufd and eventually your nervousness will go away. Just stay calm and play more.
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Care to elaborate?

You're equating skill directly to accuracy when it's just a part of skill. In my experience, gaining ranks DOES gain skill at the same time if you consistantly try to FC songs that are hard for you.

A while ago, someone who has 98% accuracy said that I have better accuracy than him. I said, "What the fuck, no I don't." to which he replied it's because I could better acc harder songs. I'm not sure what to think about it, but I still disagree.
E m i

Sexual Tentacle wrote:

high accuracy FCs are worth a lot more than a low accuracy ones.
pretty understandable seeing as he was replying to an argument that was partially about PP in the first place, and this thread seems to be directed towards setting scores.
pola[r]is
nervousness won't go away until you get like, really good. it's only natural to be a bit shaky towards the end of a song where you have a FC. the trick is to play consistently and not let your nerves get to you. if you play to improve you'll find that consistency comes with it while if you play for ranks, you'll hit walls everywhere.
now I know playing for ranks may improve skill (high AR reading, aim, speed duh), but you are playing easy songs that give artificial numbers. what if you suddenly need to play something hard?

Bauxe is correct.
improve skill first then ranks later, no one cares except you cares about your rank. forget about that and you'll find yourself improving a lot more.