forum

#kindnessofyourheartmodding2k15

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

banner by canadianpaws

hi dudes and dudettes and other non binary dudelings or whatever you'd like to be called

today me and a bunch of other people in #modhelp were having a discussion about how #modreqs never seemed to get any modders in it and actively modding songs, etc, and when they were they always seemed to be low quality ones where people were just looking for easy KD

so today I'd like to change that.

I'd like to propose this idea:

easy enough to understand, right?

here's the idea.

1. go into #modreqs at any point in the day, whenever you're feelin like modding, etc, whenever your heart is feeling the biggest
  2. pick a song you like that somebody posted, or a random map, or whatever, however you want to do it, as long as it's recently posted in #modreqs and download it
  3. mod the map with the above banner in your post. (CODE IS BELOW IN THE BOXES)
  4. profit my little dudeling

this is our way of giving back to the community and helping out newer mappers and pushing them forward in life. well, in the osu mapping life. you know.

do it out of the kindness of your heart. if they give you something back, so be it. it's not against any rules to take compensation for your mod or anything like that (well you know, as long as somebody doesn't like PAY you, that's weird) but like, karma is a real thing. don't be afraid to step up and be the person that starts the chain of happiness and stuff.

List of People
  1. Maeglwn
  2. Aerous
  3. Not_Zippy
  4. [Rei-tan]
  5. SinDemonDragon13
  6. wendao
  7. Hitorikko
  8. Arphimigon
  9. Dovne
  10. yugijedi
  11. dorothy3242
  12. Mako Sakata
  13. sukiNathan
  14. Moo-Chan
  15. -July-
  16. Xellie
  17. Smug-
  18. guineaQ
  19. DeppyDf
  20. ohad1881
  21. bigfeh
  22. [-MrSergio-]
  23. -Sandoras-
  24. Spaghetti
  25. HootOwlStar
POST HERE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BEING IN THE LIST OF AWESOME MODDERS

code for banner here
[notice][centre][url=https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/309850][img]https://i.ppy.sh/7df3be9bdcec08c5a798a9756d8b7858027a48b1/687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f67774c4a332f383733616236316162302e706e67[/img][/url][/centre][/notice]

code for userpage banner if you want it idk
[notice][url=https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/309850][img]http://puu.sh/gxBxY/879a72825a.png[/img][/url][/notice]
Aerous
Me please, might pick once a week
Hitorikko

Maeglwn wrote:

#modreqs never seemed to get any modders in it and actively modding songs, etc, and when they were they always seemed to be low quality ones where people were just looking for easy KD
so true.

I want to help but I just started modding so I think I lack experience, but I really want to learn how to mod properly. I might pick songs that is not too hard for me to mod.

wendao
I want to (but sometimes too lazy because of school work)

seriously, I want to
SinDemonDragon13
HEYHEY Dont you forget about me, I was there too! /jkjk xD But yeah wooo you have no idea how happy I was when I saw this thread ahhaa <3 I might not always be able to do a mod BUUUT I think that I can make around 2-3 a week or so most of the time <:,D
Not_Zippy
Hey look, it is an actual thing now! Time to learn how2mod I guess.
xmbrx

Maeglwn wrote:

banner by canadianpaws

hi dudes and dudettes and other non binary dudelings or whatever you'd like to be called

today me and a bunch of other people in #modhelp were having a discussion about how #modreqs never seemed to get any modders in it and actively modding songs, etc, and when they were they always seemed to be low quality ones where people were just looking for easy KD

here's the idea.

1. go into #modreqs at any point in the day, whenever you're feelin like modding, etc, whenever your heart is feeling the biggest
  2. pick a song you like that somebody posted, or a random map, or whatever, however you want to do it, as long as it's recently posted in #modreqs and download it
  3. mod the map with the above banner in your post. (just quote this post and take the top half of the post with the url and the img and stuff)

this is our way of giving back to the community and helping out newer mappers and pushing them forward in life. well, in the osu mapping life. you know.

do it out of the kindness of your heart. if they give you something back, so be it. it's not against any rules to take compensation for your mod or anything like that (well you know, as long as somebody doesn't like PAY you, that's weird) but like, karma is a real thing. don't be afraid to step up and be the person that starts the chain of happiness and stuff.

list of people already involved
  1. Maeglwn
  2. Aerous
  3. other people in #modhelp that I don't remember all of the names of
*raises hand* I'm an active modder :D I'd like to join this
Topic Starter
Maeglwn
updated with new people

gonna start modding as of today
Arphimigon
A mod should always be out of kindness. I dig this.
ExoticChild

Maeglwn wrote:

banner by canadianpaws

here's the idea.

3. mod the map with the above banner in your post. (just quote this post and take the top half of the post with the url and the img and stuff)

list of people already involved
  1. Maeglwn
  2. Aerous
  3. Not_Zippy
  4. [Rei-tan]
  5. SinDemonDragon13
  6. wendao
  7. Hitorikko
Hitorikko
Thanks for including me in the list ~

p/3957081
banner looks so kawaii :)
Styx
I'd be down to do this, even if I'm not that good at it:x

This could be a good way for me to improve my modding skills, so I'm down.
yugijedi
I like to help newbie mappers! <3 There are some hidden diamonds out there

I'm in. 8-)
SinDemonDragon13
Nice to see that even more people joined by now :) also-

Arphimigon wrote:

A mod should always be out of kindness. I dig this.
This!!!
Noffy

Maeglwn wrote:

low quality ones
I'd like to join even though I'm pretty sure my mods count as low quality even with all the efforts I put in aah.

So while I'll attempt that I'll also do this:
I'm gonna use this post and each day will have a list updated regularly of maps posted in #modreqs to kinda simulate what this page is supposed to be doing if that's ok. Unfortunately this will be limited to maps that are posted while I'm online, but it shall be better than everything disappearing into a void right?

Maps of The Day

Shiranai
Count me in, because you have a cute cat banner😊
But I can't do right away, because so bussy last few days
Nathan
let me in bby
Moo-Chan
why not, i could use something to do.
add me pls maeg bby
Topic Starter
Maeglwn
added more people and stuff. feel free to tell anybody that you think might be interested in modding. if this becomes a big enough thing that'd be awesome
Pawsu
whoever made that banner sounds COOL as heck
in all seriousness if I knew anything related to mapping id jump on this, good luck!!
i put the link to this on my sig too B)
-July-_old
I may not be much help since I'm still new to modding, but I'll gladly mod! >w<
Want 2 Buy Avon
P-pick me maeg....I-It's not like I want to mod maps or anything b-baka ;;
Fizz
I'll join in, I needa practice modding maps now
Arcubin
y u no count me :(

i can't i'm busy irl :(
Topic Starter
Maeglwn